Likes

Even if you can't love yourself, I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unlike your parents and Sehun, Soo Min didn’t cry when she first visited you few days ago. You could clearly remember her saying “Jaeun I’m definitely killing Sehun for you. Leaving just like that? What kind of boyfriend does that?” You definitely heard the annoyance in her voice that time. And her tone is only like this if she’s truly irritated at Chanyeol or the dress she likes doesn’t come in color pink.

 

She didn’t stop right there. She continued to talk as if you could hear her. Well, you can hear her. “Do you know that Sehun flew to America? Not even Chanyeol nor Kai nor anyone in school knows until our homeroom teacher announced it officially after his two absences. You must have known why he left, right? Jaeun I am your best friend and you can tell me everything. Get well soon okay! And tell me about that day too. I’m not taking no for an answer.” She blabbed until it was time for her to end her first visit.

 

As much as you wanted to tell her, you didn’t exactly know what happened that day too. You’re as curious as her. And you might have known why Sehun left but you cannot remember. And you aren't exactly sure if you'd still want to know.

 

Soo Min visited you again for the third time and her first words were identical to the once she greeted you with the second time she visited. “Ahn Jaeun yah.” Followed by “Until when do you plan to sleep huh? I have no one to pick dresses with, no one to have dessert hopping with and especially no one to repeat my fairytale story for me at like 1am when Chanyeol and I got into a fight." Soo Min ranted out.

 

"Just when do you even plan to wake up? Because I have lots to tell you and you have lots to tell me to.” She continued and you know too well that deep within her strong facade, she's weak. As if on cue, Soo Min popped out of her own slight sulky behavior and became her bubbly self again or so she tries to be.

 

“Oh and actually, you know that super smart and cute guy who may or may not resemble a puppy? Byun Baekhyun from your class. The one with mole on his upper lip.” She started animatedly and you choked in air. For someone who already has a boyfriend, Soo Min is a girl with very keen eyes. And for her to know about the mole in Byun Baekhyun’s upper lip you don’t even know existed until she mentioned. Not that you need to anyway.

 

“I saw him in the hospital lobby. Now that I mentioned him, I think I actually saw him too the second time I went here. I remember you describing him as snobby. Does he visit you? You didn’t tell me you are friends with him!” Soo Min continued to babble the silence away.

 

You didn’t think you said Baekhyun was snobby. It was more along the adjectives: reserved, quiet, extremely unpunctual and inattentive to his attendance. And heck no, he doesn’t visit you. You have encountered and followed him enough in the hospital to know that he goes for regular check up every now and then. How you wish you can tell her these things.

 

“Tsk. Ahn Jaeun you’re avoiding questions. I am going to have to write my questions and have you interviewed one on one while having strawberry cake soon! Okay!” with that your strawberry blonde best friend went home leaving you in cold silence again.

 

You decided to walk around a little, not that you can do so much anyway, when a voice startled you.

 

“Your friend talks too much.” You found the culprit leaning against the wall.

 

“My oh my, the Byun Baekhyun is starting the conversation today.” You grinned teasingly. Between Baekhyun and you, you’re always the one who strikes up a conversation. If anything, it was Baekhyun who answers you with dead silence.

 

Baekhyun never imagined he’d approach Jaeun first. Wasn’t he supposed to act indifferent towards Jaeun? But why does he find himself talking to her? He didn’t need a friend. Baekhyun convinces himself. It was the guilt. But then again it was that same guilt that makes him feel the need to at least talk to her.

 

“Well? Are you visiting me today or are you in for a checkup?” You asked, snapping Baekhyun out of his thoughts.

 

“You stalk me. Don’t you?” He answered. You were unamused by his statement. You so do not stalk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter