Present

Even if you can't love yourself, I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks have passed and you get to have small talks with Baekhyun every time he was in the hospital for his check up. Albeit short, it did relieve the loneliness you were feeling. You aren’t even sure why your spirit is still on earth. Could it be that you still have the chance to live? If so, how long are you supposed to wait? But if not, why prolong the pain?

 

On a rainy Tuesday night, you found yourself in Baekhyun’s humble apartment. You sat on the sofa cautiously. You weren’t sure yourself why you suddenly accepted Baekhyun’s invitation to come over and watch the latest episode of Sherlock with him. Yes you have somewhat established a friendship between the two of you but still.

 

Baekhyun interestingly sat on the floor cushion and rested his head on the sofa using it for support. He turned the tv on but the show isn’t about to start until after half an hour or so. Baekhyun took it as a chance to ask questions again.

 

“What’s your blood type?” He asked. You contemplated. You weren’t sure.

 

“AB? I’m not sure. How about you? What’s your type?” You asked back.

 

“I’m ideal type.” He announce smugly. You scoffed.

 

“Screw you.”

 

“What do you want to be in the future?” was his second question. You didn’t know what to answer. You haven’t thought about it.

 

“I –I don’t really know.” You admitted.

 

It was hard to think that somebody like you who’s going to university soon haven’t thought of what you want to be. All you know is you want to be happy. That’s why you try to focus on the present more. And with the reality you are in now. You don’t think you have any chance to have a future anymore. Slowly, you’re trying to accept everything.

 

“That’s one thing we have in common then.” Baekhyun stated interrupting your chain of thoughts.

 

“Baekhyun..” You called. You weren’t sure if this is the proper time to ask but you took your chance. “W –Why do you want to die?” You asked in hopes that this time he will answer truthfully.

 

“Because everyone will die anyway.” It was almost the same as his answer before. But you weren’t convinced.

 

“We’re friends right? You can tell me.” If there was anything you could do for him, you’ll try your best. That’s what friends do, right?

 

There was a short silence for a while before Baekhyun answer. He was deciding if he’d take the risk of telling you or not.

 

“Since you can’t tell anybody about it I’ll tell you.” Baekhyun replied after a pause. At first he doubted whether he should tell you. You were just a mere classmate a month ago but now you here, beside him, willing to listen. How he wish his father was the same. Mustering the courage, Baekhyun decided.

 

Baekhyun started to the upper half of his shirt and you gave him an are-you-serious look until you realized what he wanted to show you. There was a long scar on his chest. Your eyes widened.

 

What exactly happened to Baekhyun?

 

“W –Where did you get that?” You asked stammering. 

 

“I have a weak heart and it can’t keep up with me as I grow older. I’m –I’m bound to die.” Baekhyun confessed looking away and buttoning his shirt.

 

“Do you still want to continue?” You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter