First Date

Yoga Class

Yoona's POV

I was nervous. My hands were trembling so much, I could feel the apartment shake. The walls felt like they were closing in on me, wanting to swallow me in and get rid of the stress clouding my head. I could've cancelled and just stayed in bed. I was leaving my sanctuary for a girl! A really pretty girl whose smile lit up the room and eyes lit up the moon. Whose body curved in all the right places and whose personality shined brighter than anyone elses. I didn't deserve that at all. I'm a walking stick person. No , no glory. A shameful Yoona is all there is to it.

Before I could degrade myself anymore, I heard my door creak open and in revealed a short, baby-faced ahjumma. She never knew how to knock. Tiffany unnie was rubbing off on her, probably.

"Hey Yoong. Ready for your first date?"

"Aish. It's not my FIRST date, Taeyeon unnie."

Taeyeon smiled at my reply and sat on my bed as she watched me put on my jacket. I turned to face the mirror and fix my hair. I didn't even notice her still giving me that weird smile.

"Uhm, why are you smiling at me?"

"Tiffany was right." I faced her again and looked at her suspiciously. What did this kid mean?

"About what?"

"This girl is quite special to you. I can already see the changes. You're smiling more and Tiffany tells me she always hears you laughing while calling her at night." I didn't realise it but I was changing. I wouldn't admit that though. Never to Taeyeon.

"Yoong! Someone's here to see you!" I heard Tiff unnie say from outside. I walked out my room with Taeyeon following behind me. I was surprised to see an angel at the door. I arranged to pick her up but it seemed she had other plans. What was she doing here? And how did she get more beautiful?!

"Hey Yoongie!" She greeted me with that damn smile. I walked up to her as Taeyeon and Tiffany went off to hide in the kitchen. I knew they were eavesdropping on us. They always did.

"Yuri? I thought I was going to pick you up."

"Keke~ I wanted to surprise you so I caught the bus here." Well she definitely did surprise me...with what she was wearing! I stared at her toned, bare arms and quickly looked back into her brown orbs.

"Yuri! You're not wearing a jacket!"

"Eh? Why do we need a jacket for? It's quite warm outside." I facepalmed forgetting to tell her where I was going to take her. Good job, Yoona.

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly and chuckled. "I was planning on taking you to an ice skating rink. Sorry I didn't tell you beforehand." I then saw something in Yuri's eyes. It was like uncertainty or worry but I assumed I was imagining things because she then slapped me on the arm with a laugh.

"Yah! I'm going to freeze to death! Do you want me to die?!" I would never want that to happen ever!

I quickly took off my jacket and placed it over her shoulders. I saw the pink tint in her cheeks as I did so and gave her a warm smile as she thanked me. Maybe embarrassed because she showed up without a jacket. I seriously regret not telling her before. "Hold on. I'm gonna go grab another jacket. Wait here."

I quickly ran into my room and grabbed a random jacket out of my wadrobe. We bid our goodbyes to Tiffany and Taeyeon before closing the door behind us and walking towards the building's garage where I kept my car. I nervously opened the passenger door for her as she slid in and thanked me again, completely missing the blush on her face. I closed the door and walked around to the other side and got into the driver's seat. I started the engine and drove off towards the ice rink, stealing glances every now and again at the epitome of beauty sitting beside me.

******************

I stopped the car in front of an indoor ice skating rink. I quickly stepped out of the car and opened the door for Yuri like she was a celebrity. Well, she definitely was one. We slowly walked up to the entrance and entered the building. I observed the children playing in the rink and when I saw the couples, for some reason, I didn't feel like throwing up. I then turned to Yuri to realise she had that worried look on her face again. So I wasn't imagining things.

"Hey, are you okay?" I tilted my head to get a better look of her expression but it quickly changed when she saw me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just excited!" She gave me a reassuring smile and I returned it.

"How about you go sit on the bleachers while I run off and get the shoes?" She gave me a small nod and headed off towards the seats while I went the opposite way to get the ice skates. 

I came back with two pairs of shoes and handed one to Yuri. She gave me her thanks and nervously started to put them on. I decided to start a conversation with her while we were still attempting to put on our ice skates.

"So..how long have you been a yoga instructor?" She looked up at me and gave me another one of her bright smiles.

"I've been a yoga instructor for 4 years now."

"Obviously." The word carelessly slipped out of my mouth, making me regret it completely. Yuri just gave me a sly smile and looked back at her ice skates.

"What's that supposed to mean, Im Yoona?"

"Uh..I mean..uhhh...I'm done!" I quickly hopped off the seats and started doing a few stretches, trying to make her forget about what I said. She shook her head and giggled.

"Cute." I heard her mutter before standing up with me. I covered my face with my jacket a bit so she didn't notice my blush. The moment I saw her struggle to stand, I quickly wrapped my arm around her waist for balance. She looked up at me with a shy smile which I returned. I led her towards the entrance of the rink before entering inside on my own, assuming that she was following behind me. I glided across the ice, enjoying the smooth surface as I spun a few times.

I slowly realised I was missing my partner and turned to see her struggling on the side. Oh my god! I'm such an idiot! I skated as fast as I could towards her and grabbed her by her hands, protecting her from falling. She looked up at me in surprise but relaxed into my touch afterwards. She had guilt and embarrassment in her eyes and I had shame and worry in mine.

"I'm so sorry, Yuri! I didn't know! I'm so stupid!"

She gave me a soft smile and replied. "Don't be worried, Yoongie. I should've told you. No one ever taught me how to ice skate." She looked down at our joined hands and stared at them for a bit. Without a second to waste, I dragged her into the centre of the rink as she yelped in surprise. I came to a halt as our bodies crashed together, her arms instantly wrapping around my shoulders.

"Why are there so many surprises today?!" She mumbled into the crook of my neck. I couldn't breathe again. She was so close to me, her lips were barely pressed against my skin, my insides were churning and even though we were basically standing on ice, I felt like I was in the desert. We didn't move. It was as if we were the only ones in the rink and there was no one skating around us at all. I heard our heart beats go at the same time and connect. 

I realised how comfortable I was with her now. I realised how easy it was for her to make me come out of my shell. I realised how much I changed and how much she changed me. It only took her a few days to do that. It took a complete stranger a few days to change the habits i've had for a few years. It was completely unbelievable to me. 

Being the kid that I am, I decided to get my revenge on Yuri for teasing me during my first private lesson. I unwrapped my arms around her waist and left her in the middle of the rink by herself.

"Eh?!" I circled around her and gave her my famous alligator laugh that I haven't shown in a while. I watched as the clueless angel attempted to walk back to the side of the rink. I came up in front of her and grabbed her waist once again. She looked up at me and gave me a small pout. Kwon Yuri! That pout is illegal! 

She pulled my arms away from her waist and slapped me on the arm. "Yah! Im Choding!" I laughed once again and held her hand to support her so she could skate around the rink with me.

**********************

Author's POV

Yoona and Yuri were back in the car. When Yuri remembered what Tiffany told her. She remembered Tiffany mentioning an alligator laugh and Yuri felt so lucky to had seen it more than twice. She remembered Tiffany saying how much of a prankster Yoona used to be and Yuri was glad she had the chance to experience it. She turned to stare at the doe-eyed girl only to realise that Yoona was side glancing her. Yoona quickly averted her eyes towards the road again, acting as if nothing happened. Yuri rolled her eyes and stared at the road as well.

"Are you dropping me home, Yoongie?"

Yoona thought for a bit before she had an idea in her head.

"It's still early and you must be hungry. I know a really beautiful beach nearby but nobody ever goes there. You want to get some food and eat there?"

"Sure." Yuri replied with a smile. She mentally sighed in relief, hoping her time with Yoona would never end.

They stopped at a small restaurant and ordered take-away before walking towards the beach and sitting on the sand after Yoona placed her jacket on the ground for the both of them to sit down. They ate their food in silence. The only sound was the waves crashing. Yuri took the initiative to start up a conversation.

"How did you know there was a beach here?" Yoona stopped eating and paid full attention to their conversation.

"I used to live around here when I was a child. Whenever my parents argued, i'd come and sit on the sand and listen to the ocean sing to me. It calmed me when no one else could." Yuri stared into Yoona's eyes, wanting her to continue. She was so infatuated with Yoona's life, she wanted to know everything about her and more.

"Since my parents argued every day, I got really familiar with this area. You see those rocks over there?" Yoona pointed to a bunch of rocks up ahead behind Yuri. The older girl nodded her head.

"I counted them every time I came here and there would always be one more rock than the day before. Either I at counting or some idiot kept adding more rocks." Yuri laughed at that and stared at the rocks for a while. Not realising that someone else was staring at her.

"This place used to be my own private place. I never brought people here." Yuri turned to look at Yoona and saw the spark in her eyes as she stared back. Like what Tiffany said to her, whenever Yoona wanted something there would always be a small flicker in her eyes. Yuri was mesmerised.

"I guess you're much more special than them. This can be our place now." Yoona had completely changed. 2 weeks ago, she would've never showed anyone this place. She would've been sleeping in her bed at that moment if she had never met Yuri. But she was so glad she did.

Yuri was touched. No. touched couldn't even begin to describe how Yuri felt. It was more than just a warm feeling inside her body. It was more than just the soft contact of their shoulders. It was more than just her staring into those doe-eyes. She realised that in her galaxy, it wasn't just her and her job. She wasn't lonely anymore. She had Yoona. And as she laid her head on Yoona's shoulder and as Yoona wrapped a protective arm around her waist, She knew. She knew she was doing something right.

 

_________

A/N: Surprise!! Double update!!!! :DDD making up for the short chappy :((

Do you guys think Yuri and Yoona are going too fast? oh well. SO MUCH YOONYUL I really enjoyed writing this chapter. I hope you guys dont think they're going too fast haha

Also, I wasn't trying to be mean to Yoona's body in any way at the start of the fic. She's utterly beautiful :) Everyone would agree haha

AND new character, Taeyeon!!

Thanks for reading guys! Pls continue to support me! I love seeing new comments and subscribers ;D

Until the next chapter c: