First Glance

Yoga Class

“Yoona! Wake up!”

A pillow came in contact with the dishevelled, doe-eyed girl drowning in her bed sheets. Yoona pushed herself up in surprise to find the culprit but was greeted with an eye-smile from her best friend.

“Yah! Fany unnie, what was that for?!” She growled at the girl sitting on her bed.

“You told me yesterday that you were gonna come with me to the yoga class I take. Don’t back down on your promise!” Tiffany retorted as she scrunched her eyebrows together, frustrated at her dongsaeng’s short memory. They had been living in their small apartment together for a few months and all Yoona did was lie in her bed with no motivation to find a job. Tiffany could barely provide for the two of them and sometimes, she wondered why she ever gave her friend the opportunity to move in with her.

Yoona groaned as she almost forgot about what she said last night.

“Aish. That was a joke. Why would I do yoga?” As Yoona was about to fall back into her bed, Tiffany quickly grabbed onto her arm and yanked her out.

“Yoong, you’ve been nothing but a lazy shikshin since you’ve moved in. The only time you ever go outside is when there’s no food left in the kitchen. Can’t you just do a favour for me and come with me?” Tiffany replied while still holding onto her friend’s arm. Her eyes showed genuine concern for Yoona and that only made the taller girl feel guilty, but she never had the incentive to do productive things. When she was younger, her high school friend Seohyun used to call her ‘couch sweet potato’. One, because Yoona was lazy and lounged on the couch most of the time and two, because Seohyun loved sweet potatoes.

Seeing as Yoona wasn’t replying, the shorter girl let out an audible sigh. “Okay, how about this? You don’t have to participate. Just come and watch and if you like it, join in. You might even go ert mode and check out the girls there. God knows how much you need a girlfriend.” Tiffany wiggled her eyebrows and smirked at Yoona.

“Yah! What makes you think I’m going to find a girlfriend at your stupid yoga class? I don’t need one anyways. I’ve already fallen in love with myself.”

“Yoona, that’s the saddest thing you’ve said all year. C’mon, just give it a try. Please~~” Tiffany showed off her aegyo which made Yoona cringe internally. With the pouty face Tiffany was making, Yoona gave in.

“Arghh! Fine! But you owe me kimbap on the way home.”

“Yay! Yoga buddies!”

“Don’t even try to make that happen.”

“Keke~ you love it. Now go get changed. We leave in an hour.” Tiffany happily walked out of Yoona’s room, surprised that she somehow convinced Yoona to get out of the house.

****************

Yoona leaned her head against the car window as she watched the buildings pass by in a blur. There were barely any trees in the city. She hated how 'unnatural' it was. It was one of the reasons why she hated going outside. When she was younger, she enjoyed climbing the trees in summer and jumping on the fallen leaves in autumn. She loved the smell of the flowers in spring and making snow angels in winter. Now, all she ever saw were skycrapers, towering over people.

Tiffany turned to her best friend and observed her lifeless eyes. She never liked seeing her like that. Yoona always kept her emotions hidden from everyone but Tiffany always saw passed it. She always knew how the other felt and all she ever wanted to see was the way Yoona's eyes would light up when she talked about things she loves or when she'd smile when she thought about something funny. But now, she grew up and changed into a dull person with no purpose to fulfill. Tiffany needed to see Yoona smile again. She missed the old her.

The car came to a stop as they arrived at the yoga class. Tiffany was the first one to step out of the car as she turned around to see Yoona, still sitting there, staring at absolutely nothing.

"You scared of yoga or something?" Tiffany chuckled as Yoona rolled her eyes.

"Let's just get this over with." Yoona stepped out of the car and followed Tiffany inside the building. She watched as the shorter girl greeted almost everyone they walked passed until stopping at a room. There were only a few people in there and it didn't seem like everyone was there yet. Yoona slowly looked around the room as she walked in. She observed herself in the mirror for a while before turning to see Tiffany placing down her mat.

"Class doesn't start yet but it's good to be prepared." Tiffany said as she felt Yoona's eyes on her. "You can sit on the sides an-"

"Fany!"

Both girls turned to the figure walking into the room. Yoona watched as her best friend embraced the girl and brought her over to where she was standing. She didn't get a good look at the stranger but when she came closer, Yoona was finding it hard to breathe or even move. She'd never felt this way before and she didn't know how to describe it. She just watched as they both came to a stop in front of her.

"Yoona, this is the yoga instructor. Kwon Yuri."

 

 

__________

okay so it's not gonna be a one shot!

First chapter tho woo! ;D

what do you think? I know its quite boring. I barely write fanfictions so.. lol

idk when the next chapter will be up coz im quite busy right now but don't worry! it'll be finished before you even know it :)

Thanks yall! See you in the next chapter :)