Chapter 12: What’s Up with You and Running?

I Didn't Expect You

Sooooo some really wild stuff happened this month and some change. Ill explain it at the end of the chapter. Anyways enjoy this 2.3k chapter!

Warning: A lot of eff bombs are dropped in the beginning


 

The dorm room was a mess to say the least and Zitao was close to pulling his hair out.

“I ed up.” seemed to be the only thing Sehun could say and the tan blonde was over it.

“What do you mean you ed up?”

I. ed. Up. That’s what I mean!”

“Hunnie for the last time,” Zitao took a deep breath before yelling, clapping his hands with each syllable, “We don’t know what you’re talking about!

“I ed up, that’s legit what I mean!” Sehun shouted and Zitao looked two seconds away from choking the redhead.

“Chanyeol hyung get this dumb before I strangle him. Because I swear to god-”

“Ok, enough!” Chanyeol called out sternly. The two maknaes quieted down and Chanyeol sighed before looking at the panicking redhead. “Sehuna,” he started softly, “You have to give us more than that to know what's going on.”

Sehun laid down on the bed and groaned out loud. Just thinking about what happened earlier has his anxiety skyrocketing. “I slipped and told Jongin I love him.”

The room was silent, Zitao’s quiet “Oh,” breaking it.

Yeah.” Sehun frowned.

Chanyeol scratched his head beyond confused, “How did that even happen?”

“He snatched me out of dance into a classroom and trapped me there, demanding I tell him why I was avoiding him-”

“It was kinda obvious that you were.” Zitao muttered.

Sehun sent daggers his way before continuing, “-I felt cornered and annoyed and it just came out.” He covered his eyes, “It was so awkward after that I just ran. He didn’t even chase after me. There’s no way he likes me back and everything is n-”

“Okay okay,” Chanyeol was by his side, “Calm down Sehuna.”

“I can’t hyung. He’s my roommate! I sleep like five feet away from him.”

Chanyeol watched Sehun roll and hide his face in the pillows. He felt sorry seeing the redhead in such distress. He put a comforting hand on his thigh. The maknae of the room looked over at his hyung. Sehun gave a small smile before whispering, “Thanks hyung.” It looked like they were having a conversation with their eyes, and it creeped Zitao out a little.

“Ugh you guys are so gross. How are you not dating??”

Chanyeol scoffed and pointed at Sehun, “Please no, he’s too demanding.”

Sehun picked his head up in a flash and glared at him, “Fight me.”

Zitao barked out a laugh as he sat down next to them, “Hunnie you’re a twig. Don’t even try it.”

“You guys are so evil.”

“It’s tough love.” They said at the same time.

Sehun groaned into the pillow again.

“Anyways,” Zitao smacked his , making him squeak, “You can camp in here for a while.”

“For real?”

Chanyeol grinned, “Of course! Best friends rooming, it’s going to be a great time!”

“Thanks guys…”

“Anytime!”

---

Jongin stood outside his dorm room. He had been there for over a minute now, feeling hesitant. About what? He didn’t exactly know. He didn’t know if he was ready for the disappointment of Sehun not being there, or the awkwardness if he was. It was a lose-lose situation either way.

The brunette sighed and opened the door. And it seemed the first option was the winner. The room was dark when he entered, not that he was really surprised. It was still disappointing though. Now Sehun was going to avoid him more than ever. He’d have to track the redhead down and tell him his feelings weren’t one sided. That Jongin really really wanted to try a relationship with him.

He ran a hand through his hair. He didn’t know how to exactly approach Sehun though. It seemed like trapping him again was the last thing he should do, if today was any example. He assumed Sehun would skip dance class or something, and that was their only class together. He didn’t know Sehun’s schedule. “I’m going to have to do something brash, huh?” He spoke out loud. “Let’s give him a day or two of space first.”

Though he didn’t want to, he thought it would be best. He could wait to hold Sehun in his arms a little longer.

---

The next morning he honestly didn’t know why he did it, but Jongin was in front of the other dorm room and knocked before he could stop himself. He heard shuffling from the inside and some mumbling inside but after a few more seconds the door finally opened. Chanyeol was the one who opened the door, still in pajamas and hair poking out on the side. “Oh hey,” He rubbed his eyes, “What are you doing here?”

Jongin shifted on his feet, “Uh, I was just wondering if you saw Sehun recently.”

Chanyeol feigned ignorance and cocked his head confused, “Aren’t you guys roommates?”

“Ah yeah but uh, he hasn’t really been... around…”

Chanyeol yawned, “Sorry I haven’t seen him since yesterday at lunch. He might be with Luhan hyung.”

“Oh… Okay. Well if you see him, tell him I was looking for him?”

“Sure thing.”

Jongin gave a strained smile, “Thanks hyung,” and walked away.

Chanyeol closed the door, letting out the breath he was holding. He looked over at the bed harboring two bodies. Sehun and Zitao were fast asleep, cuddled against each other. His mouth was a thin line as he walked over to the pair and poked Sehun’s cheek, “Sehuna.” The maknae of the three mumbled but didn’t wake up. Chanyeol poked him harder, “Sehuna!”

Sehun groaned, cracking his eyes and looking at his hyung, “What?”

“Your man came by asking for you.” That seemed to wake Sehun up because he sat up so quick, even Zitao woke up. “What?!”

“Jongin came by and asked for you.”

Sehun stared owlishly it him, “For real?”

“Yeah.” Chanyeol rubbed his eyes as he laid back down in his bed, “So you might not be able to hide from him for too long.”

Sehun stilled, a sudden panic flooding him. OH LORD. Why was Jongin looking for him? Was he going to flat out reject him? Tell him he didn’t love him back? Wait- of course he was. He had that weird thing with Seungri. “Oh my god, he’s going to crush my heart.”

“Hunnie,” Zitao started, laying a hand on his shoulder, “Not that I don’t sympathize for you, because you know you’re my best friend, but it’s like o’clock in the morning and we don’t have to get moving until 8. I need you to close your eyes and be quiet so I can sleep.”

The redhead grimaced at the other before huffing out a breath, “Fine! Let me self wallow alone.” He muttered as he laid down again and faced the wall. “Thank you for being so understanding.” Zitao said, petting Sehun’s head and the younger male slapped his hand away. “Ow!”

Chanyeol, who was watching the exchange just shook his head before closing his eyes again.

---

Sehun was on hyper alert the rest of the morning. He looked around everywhere he went, ready for any surprise attack Jongin might throw at him. Lunch was spent with him trying to distract himself from the dread he was feeling for his next class. He was going to skip dance but then he remember he already skipped twice, and any more unexcused absences would his grade up. So he stood outside the studio absolutely hating his very existence. He wanted to stomp and squirm but then he remember he was an adult so he couldn’t do that without being judged. Instead he just groaned and walked inside.

Luckily Jongin wasn’t there- yet. Hoseok was though, as always and Sehun quickly went to him, “Hobi you would not believe what happened yesterday.”

The brown haired male cocked his head, “You mean with Jongin dragging you away?”

“Oh... you saw that.”

“Yeah~” Hoseok grabbed his hands, “But let’s stretch while you spill the tea.”

Sehun nodded and followed Hoseok’s stretches, “Yeah so he trapped me in a empty classroom and was like ‘What’s going on?’ and when I tried to play it off he called me out on my bull-”

“It was obviously bull.”

Sehun looked completely done, “Yes I’ve heard the same thing from Zitao. Anyways, I tried to leave and he just kept pressing it. Before I knew I just yelled out my love for him like an idiot.”

Hoseok snapped up from his bent position gaping like a fish, “You did?!”

“Yes! It was so embarrassing.”

“I don’t care about it being embarrassing,” The older male shook the other, “What did he say?!

“He didn’t.”

Hoseok stopped shaking him and his voice was flat, “What.”

“I kinda didn’t give him a chance to say anything. My instinctively dipped.”

“I’m literally two seconds away from murdering you, oh my god.” Hoseok muttered as he dropped his hands to his side.

“I know, I feel your aura.”

“Jesus Christ Sehunnie, what’s up with you and running?”

“I ask myself the same thing… I mean does it really matter in this situation? He’s going to reject me anyways, he’s got Seungri.” Sehun sighed, suddenly really tired of everything. Why did he even put energy into this anymore? It just seemed pointless when he thought about it. The redhead shrugged, “Maybe it’s for the best. I’m probably blowing this out of proportion. At least I don’t have to hide how I feel anymore, and it’s not like I can’t still be friends with him,” He looked at Hoseok, “right?”

His friend gave him a sympathetic look, “Sorry Sehun.”

“We can’t all have happy relationships like you and Yoongi hyung.”

Hoseok sniffed, “Don’t make me feel bad.”

“Dear god don’t cry!”

They stopped talking when the door opened, Jongin walking in. He and Sehun made eye contact and he looked shocked to see him. He looked away and went to his usual spot. Sehun gasped, mouth opened as he looked at Hoseok, “Did he really just avoid me?”

Hoseok looked equally shocked, “I think so.”

“Yesterday he was all demanding, now he’s doing a me? Are you serious?”

“Maybe he’s just surprised you showed up to class since, you know, you run away a lot.”

“I-” Sehun paused slightly, “I hate when you make sense.”

The older male pouted, ‘What are you trying to say?”

“I’m stupid?”

“Now that,” Hoseok nodded, “Is something we can agree on.”

“Should I maybe confront him?” Sehun asked.

“Hmm, well with the way you reacted yesterday I doubt he’ll go to you. So maybe yeah.”

“Okay. I’ll talk to him.” Sehun nodded, “Tomorrow.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes, “Of course.”

---

Jongin was having an internal battle. He didn’t expect Sehun to actually come to dance class. He wasn’t sure if he should talk to him or give him more space. But yesterday he said he would give him at least one day of space. Ugh why is everything complicated with this guy he sighed. Before he had to chance to decide what to do, other students along with Eunhyuk walked inside the studio and class started.

It was like any other class and timed passed fast like usual. Students grabbed their stuff and flooded out the studio. Jongin hung back a little and when Sehun said bye to Hoseok while walking to the exit, Jongin called out, “S-Sehun!”

The redhead stopped and looked at him surprised. As if he was surprised Jongin would even acknowledge him, and a piece of Jongin felt unsettled at the thought.

“...Yeah Jongin?”

“Uh,” Jongin froze. Why did he out to the other? It was impulsive really but he couldn’t let Sehun know that. “A-are you going to be at the dorm tonight?”

“Oh,” Sehun pulled his bag strap more onto his shoulder and shrugged, “I’m not sure, it depends when I finish helping Tao with all his math homework.”

“Ah, okay.” Jongin’s smile was strained as he slightly waved, “I guess I’ll see you around then.”

Sehun nodded awkwardly, “Yeah, see you.” The redhead left the room quickly. Jongin let out a frustrated huff.

“You seem beyond troubled about this.”

Jongin looked to the side and saw Hoseok on the floor next to his bag, “What are you still doing here?”

“I’m staying to practice for a side competition I have.” Hoseok stretched out his legs, “But as I was saying, you look awfully troubled.”

“The guy I like who actually likes me back is avoiding me.” Jongin deadpanned.

Hoseok’s eyes lit up, “Oh so you do like Sehunnie.”

Jongin scratched his ear bashfully, “I kinda thought it was obvious…”

“It wasn’t~” Hoseok hummed as the gears in his head spun. So Seungri and Jongin must not be a thing he concluded. The brown haired male grinned at the other, “Don’t worry, he’ll come around.”

“I thought the same thing for over a week.”

“Just do something bold to get his attention.”

“Bold?”

“Yeah,” Hoseok clapped his hand, “Just grab him and kiss the hell outta him!”

Jongin blushed deeply. Yeah that would be bold, and he was tempted to but… “What if I get slapped? My pride would be on the line here.”

Hoseok groaned, “Oh my god, you’re both so complicated. I’m done saying my two cents,” he snapped a finger to the exit, “I gotta practice so please gravitate to the exit, thank you.”

Jongin frowned slightly, “I thought you were supposed to be a great talker.”

“I am- when the person is good at actually receiving my messages.” Hoseok snapped his fingers and Jongin huffed, “Alright, alright I’m going.”

When the older male finally left Hoseok leaned against the mirror walls with a sigh. “I swear they make love so dramatic.”


Okay let me spill some crazy tea that happened to me.

So during my spring break I had started writing this chapter and I was gonna post it on time like I had originally wanted but then life decided to drop a bomb on me. One of my best friends called me about how her mom didn't want us to be friends anymore. To say I was surprised is an understatement. It's not just me apparently but all her hometown friends. Her mom wants her to "broaden her connections with people who are furthering their lives" (note that all her town friends are in college so??) but then she singled me out by mentioning where I live and calling it the hood, and because of that she shouldn't hang out with me. Well, I don't live in the hood, I live in the downtown area near a few industrial buildings and my townhouse is a little old. But i honestly couldn't believe her mom would say that. I'm only 19 and just started college, and she made it seem like I can control where I live that young-- and then it felt like an insult to my mom and that hurt me even more. Like my mom is a disabled lady and can't work. We can't afford in a nice house, but that doesn't make us bad people.

The thing that hurts the most is that I've known her mom for 3 years. For 3 years the women built a relationship with me; taking me places, talking highly about me when "'m not around, SHE EVEN GOT ME FREE KCON TICKETS LAST YEAR AS A GRADUATION GIFT, and then does this 180 personality flip. So I bet you guys could imagine how I felt that day. I legit hysterically cried myself to sleep because that was the first time I ever felt stabbed in the back. I still love my friend's mom but it really broke my heart what she said. My friend was like " that there's no way I'm gonna stop being your friend. you're too important to me." but the situation was still ty. I don't want to be a secret friend and have to sneak around just because her mom suddenly doesn't like me anymore.

So because of that, I couldn't write for a long time. I was still on aff, and reading my on going subscriptions, but everytime I opened the google doc for this chapter, I couldn't write. Then I kind of focused on school, my job, went to the BTS concert, worked on my art, and I just felt better. I'm okay now! It still stings a little to think about the situation but it's not something I should stay hung over. I'm appreciating that I still have my friend. So I just woke up and wrote the rest of the chapter today. HOPEFULLY, I won't have anymore stuff ruining my writing drive and I can update more. University is almost over too in May and I'll be a 2nd Year (yayyy)! Okay I'm done talking because I wrote wayyy too much. 

Thank you for reading the chapter as well as my messy tea lol. Comment as always <3 bye-bye!