Chapter 8: Elementary My

I Didn't Expect You

So I've been out for a while, Sorry guys. I've been hit with some serious writer's block. And then artist block too (I draw if you guys didnt know). I think because i havent had wifi i just have no inpsiration from vids or songs. I'm just home doing school work and using terrible phone service for Tumblr lol. I can go on AFF and AO3 just fine on my phone but thats it (ugh its terrible). And I found some new ships to love, like Yoonseok (I wrote a fic for it, go check it out!) and Junghope (AO3 thank you so damn much, they are a breath of fresh air in fanfics for me. I love that ship so much) so i've kinda got out of my slump. i'll try to write more often. maybe a little everyday to get my updates out faster. its just hard to post my chapter without Wifi. But thank you guys for being patient with me. I'll try my best to keep you guys happy. Here's the next chapter!


The next couple of weeks have been as smooth as any college kid could hope. Jongdae had a birthday and the group celebrated it. Yixing had gotten him an expensive necklace and Sehun soon realized who really topped in the relationship (he really thought Jongdae was in control but boy was he wrong). Sehun has gotten a lot more comfortable with all his hyungs and his classes were going good so far. But his situation with Jongin hasn't been.

Not that is was rocky but it was just-- stale.

Yeah.

The two have gotten closer and are becoming great friends. But that's it. That's as far Sehun has taken it. Even though Sehun knows Jongin is gay, he’s still hesitant to take the extra step to make them an item. Sehun guessed he would rather keep Jongin as a friend than lose him completely because the brunette doesn't feel the same.

Both options but the former is less of the worse. But he still he did want something with Jongin. So since there was no classes Monday, there was only one thing do.



“Are you serious?”

“YES.”

The blonde tsked in disatisfaction. “Hunnie this is below you. I didn't know you were this helpless.”

The redhead sat up on the older’s bed and glared at his best friend. “Are you sure you're my best friend? Maybe I should have went to Hoseok-”

“Now now, let's not jump to conclusions.” Zitao was quick to sit next to Sehun, “I will help you out.”

Sehun gave him a blank look. “Mhm…”

Zitao pulled him in and pet his red locks, “Now tell your relationship status again.”

“We are really good friends but I would like something more.”

“He's gay right?”

“Didn't I tell you this weeks ago, yes he is!”

“Okay then go for it.”

The younger male pulled away and gaped at the other. “Are you ing serious?”

That made the older shrugged. “I mean I don't see the harm in it. The worst that can happen is he say no. But he's a nice person, it's not like you’ll stop being friends- unless you make it difficult.”

I wouldn't make it difficult,” Sehun said defensively. “I don't want to be rejected though. That !”

Zitao sighed and fell into the bed. “Why are you making this so elementary?”

ELEMENTARY?!”

The door opened and the two looked over. Chanyeol blinked at them. “Am I interrupting something?”

Zitao waved him off. “Nope you can come in.”

Chanyeol went to his side of the room and Sehun hissed in chinese to Zitao. “Elementary?! How is that elementary?!

Because you're making a big deal over liking someone. Sehun, you're in college! Take a risk!!

“I was wrong to come to you.” Sehun stood up. “You .

“Hey! That's mean!”

“Whatever!” Sehun walked out the room and Chanyeol stared at Zitao, “Do I want to know?”

“Nah you don't. Best friend banter.”

“Ah, I understand. Me and Soo are the same.”

“Oh really?”

Zitao listened as Chanyeol started to tell his stories with Kyungsoo.

---

Sehun walks across the campus to the music department. Going up the second floor he walked into the first room on the left. Two males looked up and one smiled wide. “Sehunnie!”

“Hey guys. Um Hobi can I talk you for a moment.”

Hoseok pointed at himself, “Me? Something wrong?”

“No no, I just need your opinion on something,” Sehun looked at Yoongi, “I'm just going to steal him for like 5 minutes.”

The pink haired male shrugged before putting his headphones back on. Hoseok shook his head at him and walked out with Sehun. “What's up?”

“I need help with the Jongin situation.”

“Weren't you asking-”

“He was no help.”

“What did he say?”

“That I should just ‘go for it’, that I'm being ‘elementary’. I swear I'm going to punch him…”

“Well, he's kinda right?”

Sehun gave a look of despair, “Not you too!”

“Sehun, there's nothing else you can do but confess. You've already built a relationship with him. The only thing left is to just tell him you like him. I don't know what else to tell you.”

The redhead pulled at his hair. “Oh my god.”

“Look,” Hoseok pat his shoulder, “just sleep on the idea and have a final decision tomorrow.”

Sehun pouted, “Do I have to?”

Hoseok only grinned and that made dread envelope the redhead.

---

It was Tuesday and during class Sehun had to endure Zitao telling him like “I was right,” “Even Hoseok agrees with me,” “I deserve an apology for calling me an .”

All which he blatantly ignored. When it was time for lunch, he was quick to leave the blonde and go to his dorm room. When he went inside he was surprised find Jongin on his bed.

“What are you doing here?”

The tan brunette smiled at him and stood up. “Hey! I was waiting for you.”

“Me? Why?”

“Let's go get lunch together. I want to go to Incheon again.”

Sehun stared at the other as he grabbed his stuff. “Jongin, that's too far. We’ll miss dance.”

Jongin stood in front of the redhead with a smirk. “I know.”

“You can't be serious.”

“What? It's not like we’re going to be behind in the dance. We always practice after school anyways and finish before a lot of them.”

Sehun gave him a look before sighing. “Where in Incheon?”

“Same place we had our dinner date.”

“It wasn't a date.”

Jongin smiled and walked out the room. “Of course it was!”

The younger was left in the room with a thumping heart before he left to catch up. The ride there was full of talking from the two, Jongin thinking about taking Sehun to a concert so he can become a 2NE1 stan, Sehun just shook his head but didn’t disagree to the thought. When they got there, the hostess from their last visit was there and smile. “Good afternoon. Table for two?”

“Yes.”

The two ended up in the same booth as last time.

“I think we can officially call this ‘our booth’” Jongin chuckled as he grabbed the menu. Sehun rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless. “I guess.”

“You guess? It is!”

“Yeah yeah okay. What do you want? I'm buying this time.”

“B-”

“No buts, you bought last time. My turn now.”

Jongin pouted but didn't reject. He pulled the menu up and grumbled to himself, “You're destroying my gentleman image.”

Sehun smiled and did the same. “Maybe I want to have that image too.”

“You already do.”

Sehun was going to question him when the waiter came to take their order. The two got a variety of meat and sides with some cokes.

As they waited for their food, Jongin was showing him some of his choreo for their final dance piece and other dance videos. “Oh yeah I'm gonna be home late.”

Sehun tried to ignore that fact Jongin called their dorm home, but his heart was saying other wise. “Why?”

“I'm going to be in the studio of course! I have to practice some more and a side dance I have to do for my sister.”

“Okay. That's fine.” Jongin smiled and went back to showing him videos.

They got back to campus and went their separate ways. And Sehun was faced with Zitao throwing questions at him… again.

---

Sehun put his books away after finishing his homework. He checked the clock and noticed it was a little past 10pm. He glanced over at the empty bed and thought about what Hoseok said. Just sleep on the idea tonight and have a final decision tomorrow. Well it was tomorrow. He bit the inside of his cheek.

Should he do it? Or should he just leave it alone and just forget about it? But then Zitao’s words rang in his head.

Elementary.

 

……

 

“ it.” Sehun got out of his seat, grabbed his jacket, put on his shoes and walked out the room before he could take back his decision. “Elementary my .” He marched his way over to the dance department and with quick steps walked down the hallway to his and Jongin’s studio. He saw the light still on and slowed down his steps, taking deeps breaths to calm his racing heart. You got this Sehun, you got this...

Sehun grabbed the knob and was about to open the door when he looked through the little glass window. And somehow he forgot how to breath those deep breaths, forgot how to move. He only knew his heart was racing and clenching too hard.

In the middle of the studio stood Jongin, but not alone.

A tall blonde male was with him, someone Sehun recognized as the senior Seungri. That wasn’t what was killing Sehun in the inside. It was the fact that Seungri was too ing close. And their lips should not be touching. The redhead let go of the doorknob and tried his best to swallow the lump in his throat. He didn’t know what he was feeling but he knew he couldn’t be here anymore, he shouldn’t be watching Jongin kiss someone else. He quickly turned away and stormed out the building quietly. He didn’t know where his feet were taking him until he saw the door number similar to his.

He knocked on the door with trembling hands and stuffed them in his pockets when he heard shuffling inside. As the noise got closer, Sehun suddenly found it harder to get rid of that lump in his throat. The door opened and Sehun felt more ansty. It wasn’t who he wanted.

“Sehun?”

“Hey hyung,” Sehun tried to clear his strained voice, “Is Tao here?”

Chanyeol noticed something wrong with the other and spoke carefully, “No, he’s with his other friends watching a chinese movie and staying with them tonight. Something wrong?”

“Ah n-no it’s just...” I really need him. Sehun thought of anywhere else he could go. He thought of his brother, but he was too far away and would bombard him with questions he really didn’t need. Hoseok lived off campus too with Yoongi. And he didn’t want to go back to the room because then he would have to face Jongin. Jongin.

Flashes of what happened came back and Sehun couldn’t stop the flood tears that fell down his face. Chanyeol instantly panicked, “S-Sehun?! What’s wrong??”

Sehun wiped his tears with the heel of his palm and sniffed, “H-Hyung… can I stay here tonight?”

“Of course!” The platinum blonde was quick to open the door and pull Sehun in. He closed the door and watched the younger sit on Zitao’s bed, his hands on his lap and face blank with tears. Chanyeol walked over, sitting next to him and placed a hand on the other’s. “Hey… you want to talk about it?”

When the younger shook his head and looked down, Chanyeol felt bad seeing the younger so hurt. Sure they weren’t super close but he stilled considered Sehun a charming person and seeing him sad didn’t feel right. He looked around the room and a light bulb went off in his head.

Sehun looked up when he felt Chanyeol move away from him. He stared in confusion as the older male grabbed his acoustic guitar. The older male grinned and sat back down. “Do you like acoustic music?”

Sehun stared at him and blinked. “... I love it.”

“Great!” Chanyeol strummed the guitar and tapped it before playing a song. Sehun stared at the older as he started to sing and rap. It was a song he knew like the back of his hand. Guilty by Dynamic Duo. He found himself rapping along softly with Chanyeol and the older male grinned as he played with more enthusiasm, singing louder. Somehow his smile and energy seeped into Sehun and the redhead felt himself smile and sing louder as well.

For a moment, the pain he felt became dull.