Chapter 1: I Got A Roommate

I Didn't Expect You

Sehun sat at the back of the bus looking out to the buildings passing by him quietly. He adjusted his Beat headphones over his green snapback before looking inside his bookbag for his schedule. He’s looked over it about a thousand times but he always wanted to be prepared. Suddenly the bus’ intercom rang. “Seoul Performing Arts Academy drop off.

The redhead slung his backpack over his shoulder and grabbed his suitcase. When the bus stopped he bowed to the driver and walked off, instantly being bombarded with noises from the college in front of him. He stared wide eyed at the busy campus that was going to be his new home for the next four years.

He suddenly felt nervous. He had just graduated from high school before the summer began and now he was a first year in college. He took a deep breath, moved his headphones to his neck, and walked inside the campus.

He stared out in amazement at the buildings and the cleanliness of the place. He looked around for the main office but after spending five minutes lost he decided to ask someone. He walked over to two guys who were sitting at a bench. “Uh hey, can I ask you a question?”

They looked up and the tan blonde of the two smiled up. “What can I do for you?”

“I can’t find the main office, can you tell me where it is?”

He smirked. “You can’t find it because it’s on the other side of the campus.”

Sehun pressed his lips together, not liking the other’s sarcasm. “Oh well t-”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take you!” The stranger got up before looking at his friend. “I’ll see you later in class.”

"Okay, ge.” The other said smiling.

The blonde grabbed Sehun’s hand and dragged him away. Too surprised by the other’s personality change, Sehun didn’t know what to say. He quickened his steps to match the other’s, dragging his suitcase behind him. “Uh...thanks but who are you exactly?”

The other looked at him in surprise. “Oh I forgot!” He let go of Sehun’s hand. “My name is Huang Zitao, but call me Tao for short. And that person from before is my friend Wang Jackson! What’s your name?”

“Oh Sehun. Are you both Chinese?”

“Yeah. We transferred to Korea years ago though.”

That explains why they are fluent in Korean… Sehun thought to himself. “How much longer until we reach the office?”

“Just a little longer. This campus is pretty big.” Zitao shrugged to himself. Within a few minutes they made it to the main office. Sehun got his key and walked out. The blonde was leaning against the wall waiting when he came out. The blonde walked over to Sehun expectantly. “That was fast. So~ where’s your dorm at?”

Sehun looked at the room number on his new key. “G8.”

Zitao gasped. “We’re in the same building AND floor! What about your schedule?! What’s your major?” He asked excitedly.

Sehun handed his schedule to the other. “My major is dance.”

Zitao’s eyes burned a hole into the paper he was holding, reading it carefully. “Sehun we almost have the same exact schedule. The only difference is our majors, but they are near each other!”

“Really? Then do you mi-”

“Nope, don’t mind at all!” Zitao slung his arm around Sehun’s shoulder. “It has to be fate right now. Lets be friends- no best friends! I’ll help you unpack-” He looked around them and then gave a confused face. “Where’s your stuff?”

“I only brought one suitcase right now.”

“The semester starts in 2 days...”

“My parents said everything would be shipped here by the end of the week.”

“Well I’ll help you unpack then. Let’s go find your room.”

---

 

When Sehun opened the door he was surprised to find half of the dorm room occupied neatly. “Someone is already here?”

Zitao poked his head in. “I guess so. Some people come way~ before the semester even begins. He must be one of them.” He looked at the occupied half of the room. “Man he really loves SM and 2NE1 haha.”

“Do you share a room with someone?” Sehun asked as he rolled his suitcase near the empty closet.

Zitao hopped onto Sehun’s plain bed and stretched out. “Mhmm. Park Chanyeol. He’s a 2nd year though. I just met him two days ago. He seems nice.”

“Oh then he might know of my brother here, not sure though.”

“You have brother here? What year is he?”

“A step brother, he’s chinese. He’s a 4th year, Luhan.”

“Never heard of him.”

“You’re a ing first year, of course you wouldn’t.” Sehun rolled his eyes and opened his suitcase.

“Oooh~ potty mouth. That’s no way to talk to your hyung.” Zitao smirked. Sehun frowned at the other. “Who said you were older?”

“How old are you then?” The blonde asked as he watched Sehun with challenging eyes.

“I was born in 94.”

“93, I’m older.”

Sehun groaned and went back to unpacking, frowning as he heard Zitao laughing.

He threw his underwear in the older’s direction and his screeched could be heard from even outside.

---

It was late afternoon when Sehun got out of the shower. The older male had left a while ago, saying he had to go see his other friends. They exchanged numbers and Zitao left shouting “See you later Hunnie~!” Sehun had gave him a weird look but he decided not to even bother since the other was the first person who he became friends with. And he was pretty cool once you got to know him. They kind of clicked- their personalities. So Sehun wasn’t going to judge.

He looked over to the other side of his room, his roommate still wasn’t here. Sehun pouted and put on sweats and a low neck tank top. He had wanted to meet his roommate and hoped to be friends.

He played some music out loud and looked at the standing mirror next to his closet. Listening to the music he let his body move to the beat lazily before he started to move with more purpose. He stopped when he heard his door open. He turned around and saw a tan male stare at him.

He had brown hair, strong jaw line, and Sehun wouldn’t lie, was very nice to look at. Sehun’s throat went dry slightly before he coughed, turning off his music. It was quiet.

“Uh… Hi. I’m your roommate, Oh Sehun…” He said awkwardly.

The other blinked at him before walking fully inside. He grabbed his towel and walked passed Sehun. “Okay.”

Sehun frowned. Okay? What the f-

“The name’s Kim Jongin by the way.” Jongin closed the bathroom door behind him.

“What kind of ing roommate did I just get? Rude .” The redhead muttered to himself. He sent Zitao a text.

To Tao:

I got a roommate. Let’s be roommates instead

 

Not even a minute later he got a text back.

 

From Tao:

Sorry to hear Hunnie- Get used to having around you for 4 years :P

 

“My God!”

---

 

Zitao laughed from his seat on the bench in the courtyard. “So he faded you and ignored you for the rest of the night?” He laughed.

Sehun punched his arm. “It’s not funny! It was ing rude! Yeah sure he’s hot but that doesn’t me-”

“You think he’s hot?!”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Yes I do, I’m gay. Do you have a problem with that? We can cut this off if you do.” He didn’t feel like dealing with douchebag homophobes.

Zitao frowned before shoving the younger male. “I don’t have a ing problem with it. I don’t care. I’m just laughing you have a hot roommate who is rude and totally ignores your existence.”

Sehun cracked a smiled before sipping his bubble tea. “The whole situation is . Hey, when do you want to meet up for class tomorrow?”

Zitao released his straw. “Our classes start at 8:45 so let’s meet up in the hallway at 8 to get breakfast.”

“Okay. Well I’m going to go to the dance studio.”

“Do you even know where it is?” The blonde asked as he watched Sehun get up from his seat. Sehun nodded and tapped his head. “I memorized where my classes are. I want to get a feel of the studio before class.”

“Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow Hunnie~”

Sehun rolled his eyes at the nickname and walked away. Within 10 minutes he managed to find the dance studio. Thankfully it was empty and unlocked since students were able to go freely. He walked inside and looked at himself in the mirror. He had on a black snapback backwards, a red tank top with a black jacket on top, denim skinnies, and red nikes. He took off his jacket and plugged his phone in to the speakers in the corner. He put it on random and let the hip-hop music play.

He freestyled for a while before songs with choreography came on. He instantly switched style and danced the choreo easily. He was so immersed in himself he didn’t notice someone come in and sit next to the speaker watching him. After 30 minutes Sehun stopped and turned to turn off the music, that is until he saw the person watching him.

“WHAT THE ?!” Sehun grabbed his chest. He glared at the male sitting there smirking.

“How many times am I going to walk in on you dancing?”

“Why the hell are you even here Jongin?” Sehun asked with spite as he paused his music angrily. He didn’t like being surprised.

The tan brunette shrugged and leaned back. “Well dance majors get to use the studios when they want so I was going to do just that.”

“Wait- What? You’re a dance major?” Sehun asked in disbelief.

Jongin gave him a blank stare. “Why do you think we’re roommates? They pair the students by major.” He looked off to the side and scoffed, a smirk forming on his face. “You really didn’t know?”

Sehun balled his fist to his sides to stop himself from punching the arrogant bastard in the face. “Why… the hell would I know how the school sets up the rooms?”

“I don’t know. Are you done yet? I want to use the studio and you’re in the way.”

Yeah Sehun was NOT about to be in the same room as this jerk right now. Without word he grabbed his phone and jacket, leaving absolutely fuming, ignoring how Jongin smirked amusedly at him.

And that is how his life started to turn upside down.


WHY ARE FIRST CHAPTERS SO HARD TO WRITE. Guys i promise it'll get better now that this is out of the way lol. Please be patient with me please~