Chapter 5

Omission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungyeon's Pov:

"Seungyeon, honey, please keep an eye on your sister okay?" Mom glowers at Yeeun as we stand by the car, she just droped us off at Jiae's house, my nerves starting to act up by just looking at her home. Never thought I'd find myself standing outside her house most likely about to go in it.

"Mooommm!" Yeeun whined, stomping her feet with a pout on her face, throwing her typical tantrum when she doesn't get her way. Mom just rolls her eyes at her.

"I'll try my best." I say to reassure my mom but I can't make any promises because we both know it's hard to keep an eye on Yeeun 24/7.

"Okay well I have some errands to run but just call me when you two are ready to be picked up." We say our goodbyes as mom drives away, Yeeun starts heading into the house by herself but I grab ahold of the back of her shirt stopping her from going anywhere.

"I don't think so, I gotta keep you in sight."

"Really? Like are you really going to watch me the whole time we're here? I won't do anything I swear!" Yeeun plads, puppy eyes full throttle right now. Should I trust her? It's not like I wanna spend all my time monitoring her every move.

"Alright fine, but if mom asks. I was watching you the whole time, deal?"

"Deal!" Yeeun wasted no time runing off into the house. It took me a minute longer to gather up my courage to actually go inside the place myself. 

The minute I step foot into the house, I was greeted by Kei and Sorn.

"Yay! I'm so happy you could make it Seungyeon!" Kei cheerfully greets, while Sorn shyly waves at me. "Pleeeeease come out to the pool with us!" Kei begs as she holds onto my arm.

"Uh, do I have too?" I ask, I'd rather not have to show everyone my two piece swimsuit just yet. Why did I wear this again?

"Wow, you're actually here." Mijoo says over her shoulder as she passes us by. Turning around, I look at her. "Well cool I guess, though pretty much the only reason I come to these things is because it gives me an excuse to bust out in a bikini and show off my y hot body."

"y?" Sorn said out of shock looking over at Kei who starts laughing.

"You wish Mijoo, you wish." Kei says through her giggles.

 


Studying myself in the mirror, I sigh and shake my head.

What have I gotten myself into?

For some odd reason, Mijoo thought I would like to change out of my clothes in private, why I don't know. I mean I had my swimsuit on under my clothes. Although the room she had brought me to, put shivers up my spine. I had a bad feeling I was in Jiae's room just by the looks of it.

Shaking my head once again, I smooth out my pink shirt and my white shorts, a stark contrast to my red hair. Taking a deep breath, I raise my hand to my hair, about to try and fix it though I hear a light knocking from the door.

With the door opening, in comes Jiae, looking at me with a rather smug expression. I knew it, this was all a setup.

I start taking steps back as she slowly starts walking towards me. "You look..." She pauses as she stops, looking me up and down. "Incredible."

Feeling my cheeks burn, I dip my gaze and shuffle, smiling stupidly for some unknown reason. Jiae somehow ended up right in front of me, holding onto my shoulders and looking me up and down. "That outfit is very flattering, though I'd hope you have a swimsuit on underneath." She winks, grabbing ahold of my left hand she says. "I'm really happy your here." I bring my gaze back up, and as I bring my gaze up to meet hers, she had this twinkling look in her eyes, that was, new. She's never looked at me like that, like she actually cared and didn't despise my existence. What is going on? Why does Jiae keep acting like, this?

As I was lost in my thoughts, Jiae grabs ahold of my other hand taking both of my hands into hers. She had this big smile on her face, but she did something I never saw coming. She leans in fast and kisses my cheek, her warm lips lingering on my skin as I can feel her smile against my face.

The room was so silent as she pulled away, and I genuinely could have heard a pin drop at this point.

After a moment of stunned silence, Jiae spoke again. "Seungyeon, you know that I, don't hate you, right?" She swallowed. "I like you, in fact." The sheer deepness and sincerity of Jiae's voice caused shivers to travel down my spine , but I just knew she didn't mean that. 

There was another pause between us and Jiae seemed to be avoiding looking at me, I just rolled my eyes and pulled at Jiae's shirt sleeve, attempting to get her attention.

"Where's the camera?" She looked at me confused.

"What?" Jiae in a breath and raised her eyebrows at me, looking surprised and also a little, hurt... Though I wasn't going to let that fool me. I snorted and shook my head, feeling humoured by Jiae's funny act.

"What prank are you trying to pull now Jiae?"

"N-nothing Seungyeon, I-I mean it..." Jiae blushed lightly, playing with her hands while I just stared at her. I just know she's messing with me, she has to be.

"I don't believe you."

Jiae nodded her head, grinning cheesily at me as she moved closer to me. "I told you," She shifted closer, leaning in to my ear. I can feel her breath just tickling the space behind my ear, making my hair prick up on my neck. "I like you."

"You don't know me." I say quickly.

"I want to, though." When she moved away, I saw the way she was looking at me, a devious smirk on her face. I knew it. This was just another one of her games.

"Jiae cut it out! Do you think this is funny? I demanded an answer, my gaze was set so intently on Jiae that she had a hard time looking away. 

All of a sudden her eyes filled with tears and a frown marred her face. "There’s no other way to explain it," She cried, her eyes lifting just as the tears spilled down her cheeks. "Seungyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter