Chapter 4

Omission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungyeon's Pov:

"Hi Seungyeon!" Sorn greeted as she caught up with me in the corridors, once matching my pace she swiftly placed a kiss on my left cheek. Making mine and her steps come to a halt. "You look very pretty today. Like always." Her lips curl up and I hastily look away, saving myself from looking like an idiot by just staring at her smile. Also to see if anyone else saw her kiss me just then, but thankfully everyone was too busy staring down at their phones to notice. As soon as I decide to look back at her, her eyes click onto me. The breath whooshes out of my body and everything freezes for a second, as though I’m looking at her through a camera lens, zoomed in all the way, the world pausing for that tiny span of time between the opening and closing of the shutter.

Is this what she saw when she looked at me? What Sorn saw in me, I'd never know. It was impossible for me to sleep last night, couldn't stop thinking about yesterday, thinking about Sorn's confession. Even though I haven't said anything back to her, and still haven't, she's still here. I felt like with me not replying to her, may as well have been my answer. I felt like Sorn knew how confused I was, so she wasn't necessarily pushing, or repeatedly telling me how much she likes me.

Something I couldn't understand was how she already likes me, we haven't known each other that long. But I could understand a moment. A moment when you glimpse the truth within someone, and they glimpse the truth within you. In that moment, you only see them, like their the only person in the room, in the world. My dad always told me to believe in love at first sight, for when the right person comes along, you'll know, you'll just know that they, are all you need in this world.

When I first saw Sorn, when I see her now, I feel like I understand what my dad meant. I did a lot of thinking with my sleepless night, and I believe I've came to a conclusion. I like So-

"Seungyeon."I felt a tap on my right shoulder, hearing that familiar voice call my name. "In your hurry to get off the bus, you left this behind." I turn around to face Jiae. She has a sly smile as she hands me a folder. Those were some notes I had wrote down for my driving test later on today so I could at least get my permit, I can't believe I forgot those! Something else I couldn't believe is, Jiae bought them back to me, instead of making me do something in oder to get my notes back. Another odd thing is, Jiae didn't bug me today on the bus either... Is she sick?

"Hi Jiae!" Sorn happily greets Jiae ecstatically waving at her, Jiae does the same. Wait, they know each other? "That was super nice of you to bring your friend her things back to her." Sorn utterances, smiling brightly. Did she just say... Friend? Sorn thinks Jiae is my friend?

"No problem, anything for my favourite person."Jiae coquettishly winks at me, sending chills down my spine. What is she up too? What type of devious plan does she have up her sleeve? If she were to say she was only doing this out of the kindness of her heart, then I would laugh. Her? Jiae? Kind? Heart? I didn't know Jiae had a heart. That was mean, I know, but most the things she's done to me, well I could have said much worse.

"So listen, I was hoping the both of you could come to my pool party tomorrow." Jiae explicit, seeming more to be asking me as she was only looking at me, rather intensely at that. What is going on today? Did I wake up in some parallel universe? "I'd really like if you would come, Seungyeon." Jiae says in a, sweet way? Okay something really isn't right here, what's happening? Why is Jiae acting so, like, that?

"I'll totally come but, Seungyeon? You'll come too, right?" Sorn anxiously asks, it was probably very clear I had my doubts, the apprehension may as well have been written all over my face.

"Please come." Jiae asks exhort, for a second there, I actually believed she was sincere. But that second was short lived when the corner of her lips curled up in an exaggerated simper. "I was hoping you could bring your guitar too, and you know, play it." The smug look on her face told me that she was definitely up to something, and I wasn't going to be apart of whatever that may be. I couldn't quite get why she asked me to play guitar when Sorn too, also plays. The only reason why I could think of was maybe because of Kei? Me Sorn and Kei were in music class together, and Kei unlike her friend Jiae, was very kind. She always praised me for my skills in guitar, I was only good because I've been playing since I was eight years old. My dad loved to play and like him I did too, he taught me and we would always play together.

"I'll think about it..."

"O-okay, that's fine" Jiae says crestfallen, the way she looked at me though, her eyes, they looked, sad? "I really do want you to come... Hopefully I'll see you there." Jiae smiled, which only makes her eyes look sadder. Her modestly downcast eyes land on Sorn for a second, just for her to send a melancholy smile as she walked away.

Something really is off about Jiae today....

 


I take that back, there's something off about everything today.

Sorn somehow managed to talk me into eating in the cafeteria, though I figured since things were so off today, it might not be so bad. That maybe this time I wouldn't have drinks poured over my head, or be tripped while carrying my tray causing me to land in it as I fall and get food all over myself. There were one too many reasons why I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter