Chapter 1

Omission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungyeon's Pov:

When I woke up this morning I could hear my mom making breakfast downstairs. I get done with my morning routine and head down there. "Good morning dear, have a seat, breakfast will be done soon." My mother says, only glancing over her shoulder for a quick second to look at me before her concentrate goes back to making breakfast.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked curious, for I'm the only one here.

"Probably still sleeping," My mother says, not seeming to care as she has her full focus on the food she is currently making. The baby monitor on the counter top starts going off, with that annoying whining the child on the other end always makes "Oh, could you go get the baby?" And of course, It's always like this, since I'm the oldest I mostly have to do everything revolving the child who gives me headaches with her constant whining. I get out of my seat and head into the baby's room, finding her standing up in her crib crying her eyes out for no absolute reason.

"Somi stop crying already, why do you have to cry about everything?" I grumbled as I pick her up and out of her crib, that's all she wants anyways, is to be held. She's such a spoiled brat.

"She was crying because she was shocked." Yeeun, my little sister says, leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed.

"Shocked? Over what?" I asked puzzled, though once I saw that smug expression on her face, I knew I was in for a suitably cutting retort.

"Your face." Annnnd there it is... I glared at her as she laughed in a loud and boisterous way, why does she find it so funny to insult me?

"Yah! Your lucky I'm holding the baby right now!" I exclaimed, but that only made her laugh londer, even the baby was laughing along... Why does everyone make fun of me? I don't get it...

We all head back downstairs, where mom was setting up our plates. I put Somi in her highchair and take my seat next to Yeeun.

"Mom, Yeeun is being mean to me again." I complain, hoping for one of those rare moments where Yeeun actually gets in trouble.

"Eat up before the bus gets here." Mom says, ignoring my gripe. She must have something on her mind, she's usually not this uncaring. But, why did she have to speak of the thing I hate most?

"Can you just drive me to school?" I implore her, hoping maybe today will be my lucky day and she'll actually take me.

"No Seungyeon, the daycare and Yeeun's school is farther away from yours, it would take entirely too long. How many times do I have to tell you this?" She inquires, giving me a riled look.

"Until you start driving me to school..." I say with a pout along with my best puppy eyes. The amount of exhort I put into getting her to drive me to school almost everyday is tiring.

"Seungyeon you're 15 already, just wait another year and you can drive yourself." She states as she glances outside the window. "Go, the bus is here." Great, I whine some more before finally just giving up.

After I put my dish away and give my mom and sister's a kiss on the cheeks, I had out the front door, where the thing I hate most is waiting for me. I get ready for my first battle of the day. Riding the bus... I hate the bus. I wish my mom would just drive me, but because my school is pretty much in the complete opposite direction of the day care and Yeeun school and my mom's work, its useless to keep wishing. There's a really good reason why I hate riding the bus so much. When I ride on the bus, I always get picked on by Jiae, a bully who lives on my street. The last time it rained, she knocked my books out of my hands and they landed in a puddle. Everyone laughed. I hate riding the bus because she’s on it, I hate going to school because she's there, anywhere Jiae is, is where I don't want to be.

"Lookie here, if it isn't my favourite person." Jiae mocks me as I take my seat in the far left end of the bus. I glance her way, only to find her looking me up and down. "How can someone, wearing the exact same thing as me, make it lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter