The Right Guy

The Mediator

31.

'Little jerk' Soyeon grimaces as she sits next to Min on her bed and changes a new warm tissue to place on Min's forehead. 'How could she be that drunk and sitting in the cold like this? What to do if your parents asked me?'

'The doctor said that she would be fine so you should not worry much about that Soyeon-ssi.'

Doojoon taps on her shoulders to assure. This might be the first time that they have ever been this close.

'Lucky that you were home just in time.' - Soyeon looks up at him with a thankful look. -'I do not know what would happened if not so. I should have been home tonight.'

'Eiii... don't blame it on yourself like that. It's normal to go out at weekend. And also that's something I could do as a tenant here. But' - Doojoon suddenly lowers his voice. -'There was something striking her. She looked frightened before fainting. Take good care of her, I gotta go now. Good night then.'

Doojoon leaves for his room while Soyeon is still in Min's room, sighing as she looks at Min sleeping on the bed.

'Why is it so cold this suddenly?'

Soyeon exclaims to herself and spots the window still opening. She stands up to closes it before returning to climb on the bed and lying next to Min. Regardless of Min' burning body temperature, Soyeon gently taps on her shoulders melodically to lure Min into a sound sleep.

The dawn is gradually breaking and sunlight has made its way into the room and shines on where Min is lying. Min slowly opens her eyes just to realize Soyeon still deep in her sleep beside. Min intends to wake her up but right then, she sees a glow dashing through the room, dawning on her spinning and aching head. It's weird. Usually after being drunk and getting a serious cold the night before, Min is supposed to forget everything happening while she was not sober. Yet as she spots that streak of light, things appears to her like they happened seconds ago. Min bites her lips and looks around, trying if she can sense L's existence in her room right now.

For sure, she would be definitely embarrased to meet that ghost again due to the confession and that minded-absent moment of hers to kiss him instead of his twin brothers. However, another thing strikes her mind. Since when has she realized that she had feeling for Myungsoo? Last night she was still annoyed by his accompanying Jiyeon, how could she persuade herself to like him?

Then her phone rings, alerting an incoming message. The sound wakes Soyeon up as she sits up, looking at Min sleepily and after throwing at her a complaint 'You're fine,huh?', Soyeon falks down on the mattress again. Min grabs her phone. There is only 5% of battery left so the screen light has been automatically turned off. Yet it is enough for Min to read the message.

'Are you ok now?'

The text is from Dongwoon. Min gulps. Not Myungsoo as she expected. Not so long before, specifically prior to the fight between Min and Jiyeon, Min was once sick. Back then she was overwhelmed with tons of message from Myungsoo. And then, knowing that Soyeon was not home for the whole day, he came and volunteered to cook her porridge even though in the end, he had to buy her some as Min could not digest his salty porridge. Yet, isn't it happy? Maybe it was his clumsiness when taking care of others that made her fall for him. Ok, nonsense thought again! Min slaps on her face and texts a reply to Dongwoon.

'Uhm. Better now. Thanks for taking me home.'

Having pressed the Send button, Min reaches out to grab her charging cable and plug in. The phone screen brightens and Min catches sight of the previous text. Sent from last night.

'You upsetted me.'

[Sent from 3C. Dongwoon]

Upset? What did she doo to upset him? She did spend the whole yesterday with him. Escaping from the texting thread with Dongwoon, Min sees another text coming even before Dongwoon's.

'Happy birthday Min.'

[Sent from 3C. Myungsoo]

Min blinks her eyes. She does not know he sent her message. But how weird it is that he called her Min instead of Minnie or even Minah like he used to do before.

'So those boys sickened you, huh?'

Soyeon suddenly asks, startling Min. She has woken up and is doing some warmup on the bed. Soyeon looks at Min with grumpy face.

'You keep on going out with boys. Better spend those times taking care of yourself.!'

'I didn't.'

Min insists and throws away her phone . The sun is shining now and Min has felt much better. In reply, Soyeon just goes on stretching her arms and says.

'If you're not taking good care of yourself then Dongwoon would not have freaked out all night.'

'Dongwoon?'

Min frowns, having no idea why Soyeon mentions her cousin here.

'Er...' -Soyeon rolls her eyes. -'Just read the messages.'

Again, Min reaches her phone and scrolls up to the previous texts betweencher and Dongwoon. There is another text from him in reply to her text, which she does not remember texting him so.

'Have you gone to bed? It's not so comfortable to spend your birthday with me, huh?'

[Sent from 3C. Dongwoon]

'Ya Son Dongwoon, why on earth did Min get drunk and fainted going with you? Behave!'

Min reads the text and glares at Soyeon who is acting innocent. But in reality she committed a serious crime to violate her privacy. Soyeon hurried to defend.

'Your phone went off and I was scared that it would wake you up then I turned it off. But I pressed the wrong button to show the message. And since I was angry at your recklessness, I scolded him a bit. But.' -She hisses. -'I did not expect him to call him and request to know everything happening to you. I did not know that, it was Doojoon that took you home. But if I had not stopped, Dongwoonie would have come here at once.'

'Seriously?'

Those words slips off Min's mouth and Soyeon nods as a confirmation. She even adds.

'It was the first time I have seen him freak out like that. He wasn't so before.'

'I don't know.'

'Or'- Soyeon lowers her voice. She has stopped exercising and instead, stares at Min in doubt. -'I doubt it. Is therrle any possibility that... Dongwoonie ...falls for you?'

'Nonsense!' -Min denies at once. -'How can he like me? A handsome and excellent guy like him should get a beautiful girlfriend for himself.'

But Soyeon does not reply or give aany comment. She climbs off the bes and goes out before telling Min with her sleep voice.

'Just take a look of you before judging.' - And yawns as if she is still in need of sleep. -'I have to cook a thank you breakfast for Doojoon ssi.'

Soyeon leaves and Min also gets off the bed. She looks at her reflection in the mirror nearby.

How gross!

Min is still wearing her outfits from last night. The wrinkling jacket. The washed blue jeans. Messy short hair, mascara and eyeliner are still on her face. Min smirks, remembering Soyeon's guess. How can Dongwoon have a cruah on such messy girl like she is ?

But why does that guy have to be Dongwoon?

And why did it take her a long time til last night to realize her true feelings for Myungsoo? No, why does she like Myungsoo?