Not in that way

Hello Monster
 
 

"Why aren't they worried about me?  We've been waiting for an hour now, my hand will fall off soon. it's dying " Kibum nagged and bite his lip in pain. Taemin giggled "chillaxe! i'll take care of you" he smiled.

Kibum rolled his eyes "chillaxe? seriously? yeah sure, 'taking care of me' by leaving me alone at the beach"  yeah right. They left him behind at the beach. "i was looking for you, key"  Taemin sighed shortly. Kibum observed his face. It was like he was hiding something  "i'm glad Jonghyun passed by" he said with an unsteady voice. It was clearly an attempt to change the subject.  Kibum shivered by that name. 

Well Jonghyun is the reason why his hand was ... purple and swollen. It was still impossible. How? He wasn't human. It scared the sh*t out of him. "key?" taemin asked worried. Kibum looked up and tried to fake a smile. "yeah.. all thanks to, the fantastic, awesome, great Jonghyun" he said softly but sarcastic. .. 

That b*tch ran away.. poof! just like that.

"u should thank him" taemin hinted indirectly The blonde shook his head "can we stop talking about him please?" he stared at his swollen hand.

After all these years, fight after fight, he thought he had broken everything in his body.. from broken ribs to a broken nose, arms, legs,  ..well he broke everything except his hand. Thanks jonghyun!  ts! that guy had nothing! not even a small scratch.. he was perfectly fine and just disappeared like that.. 

Maybe he was something dangerous... no..he's certainly dangerous!!

"he is not human, tae" he whispered softly, staring at the ground. Taemin stiffened beside him "what - what - a-are you talking about?! are you sure you only fell on your hand and not your head?" why is he so tense? Taemin told Kibum about them. Perhaps these legends are really true. Maybe Jonghyun was a vampire... 

"You were right tae, he i----" kibum got interrupted by the docter. "Mister, kim kibum?" That voice! He recognized that voice like no other. He stares at the doctor. D*wn. That perfect human being was staring back at him.

Docter kim. Of course... Kim Jonghyun's father. Oh... even better. What should he say? 'sorry mister kim.  I've beaten your son, but hey! don't worry he is perfectly fine, i just got a broken hand?!' Noway, noway.noway. Maybe he hates kibum after that. 

He needs to get out of here.  The kim's were dangerous.

"i'm fine doc! Oh look, my hand  is healed miraculously! lucky me, i'm going home..." kibum stood up and smiled awkwardly. "what are you saying key! are you st-pid? stay, i'm begging you" Taemin grabbed kibums broken hand and the blonde shouted out in pain. "WHAT THE HLL TAE!?" is he crazy?! ooh, well that guy is lucky that he couldn't use his hand anymore. "so sorry s-sorry but just go, please let him take a look at it" taemin begged him. 

Kibum sighed and nodded. "you stay here! don't think about leaving " he shouted at taemin and followed docter kim. Taemin smiled in relief. 

 

"Nice to meet you again kibum. What happend?" Docter kim asked with a huge smile on his face, while looking at kibums hand.  "Yeah i'm always looking forward coming back to hospitals." why was that docter smiling! Oh god...what an awkward situation.  Out off all the docters, why him?!

"yeah. so i FELL on my hand. Your son has nothing to do with it, i so myself.. ME, FELL on the fl--oor (?) and bang, my hand was.. swollen" this sounds like sh/t. What the hll key?! Docter kim's beautiful eyes were staring at him, it felt like he was looking deep into his soul. Key was scared. Kim's big sigh was filled with concern.

He doesn't buy his story. Yet there was a kind of relief in his eyes. It felt like he knew the whole story .. 

"just.. your fault, Bang on the floor? and .. it was swollen? that's what happend right?" he wrote down on a paper. Kibum nodded. "alright, let me take a look at it, they already made an x-ray right?" kibum nodded. "first thing they did after i came in" The docter nodded as well and  inspected kibums hand. 

The coldness of his touch feels really comfortable against the heat of kibums hand. Just like Jonghyuns... That name made kibum blush. He was his father.. not his biological father. Does he know what jonghyun really is? is he also.... ? it has to be. 

No doubt about that.

"well, i think, you indeed broke your hand,kibum" he stood up and looked at kibums x-rays with a soft smile.  "yaay happy me" kibum rolled his eyes. Why was he so happy about this? 

"It's not that bad, it's a nondisplaced fracture. You are lucky. You have to wear a cast to hold the broken bones in place. It decrease pain and prevent further damage to your hand.  With some pain killer and antibiotics you'll be fine, you are lucky" he smiled at kibum.

"Ew? a cast? seriously? how long do i have to carry that thing-cast around?!" kibum sniffed. A cast? Not over his dead body. Never!

"about a month?" he wrote everything down. "No-no-no, i can't do that!" Kibum panicked. How will his mom react to this?! "they will not believe me! they'll think i was in a fight again! My mom.. i just can't, she'll believes it's her fault" docter kim shrugged "i'm afraid there's no other way"  

"i-.. this!" he shouted frustrated. "how's your mom?" Docter kim asked. 
Kibum only shrugged, he doesn't want to talk about her. "I know about her problems" he spoke softly.

"you dont know anything about her, cast my hand so i can leave" Jonghyun probably told everything to his father. Obviously.
"we want to help you kibum" Docter was still pushing kibum for help. "No thanks, we are fine!" why couldn't they just leave them alone? His mom is getting better, they doesn't need any help from the outside. This was something between them.

-- 3 hours later --

"please, can i draw something on it?" Taemin looked forward to the moment when he could draw something on kibums cast. That thing was huge. They casted not only his hand but also his wrist. "NO! hey keep your eyes on the road! i hate blue" kibum muttered irritated, it was blue or red. The 2 colours he hated the most. They cursed against his skin.. this whole thing was cursed. 

"it looks horrible" he hated jonghyun so much right now. Even though this was kibums own fault. 

"you are over reacting, miss drama queen" taemin giggles. kibum rolled annoyed his eyes. "can i stay at your house?" he asked out of nowhere. He was serious about this... He was worried about how his mom was going to respond. This wasn't her fault, he just couldn't......he lost control again.

Kibum isn't recovered yet and his mom will take the blame on her. He couldn't do that to her.. not now, not after that huge fight from this morning. 

Taemin felt the change in the atmosphere but shook his head "i'm dropping you off at home, key" well that's what friends are for right?! Helping each other.  "why?" kibum asked irritated and angry. 

Taemin bit his lip, his eyes glued on the road infront of him. "a friend's already coming over" his answer was short and cold. "is my nose still here?" kibum asked sarcastic, pointing at his nose. Taemin doesn't reply. "hey, who's coming over? maybe we can hang out together" Taemin's eyes widen by kibums suggestion.

Tae's whole body stiffened.  "you don't know him" so cold. why was he acting that way?

"okay okay" kibum shrugged his shoulders. "so, this is your stop"  taemin said as he parked the car infront of kibums house, next to key's car. Well his mother's car.  He felt the anxiety through his body, she came back.

Home sweet home. 

"Have fun tonight, with your friend" kibum said coldly and slammed the car door shut. Why was he acting that way? they were good friends. oh god! It was freezing outside,  he hurried inside. "mom? i'm home!"  kibum shouted loudly. He heard a loud noise upstairs coming from his room.

"Mom?!" He quickly ran up stairs towards his room.  His eyes widened in fear. He ducked just in time, when his mother threw a desk lamp to his head. "THE HELL?!" he shouted at her. 

"GET OUT!" his entire room was upside down, even all of his clothes were thrown into one big luggage. "mom, please?" he begged. "get out! i don't want to see your face" she stared at him with empty red swollen eyes.

"wha--what's that?" she pointed at his arm. "what have you done?! were you so angry that you started a fight again?! You haven't changed at all. of course your father will blame me for this. He will accuse me, is that what you wanted huh?! You want to ruin me? this was your plan? putting the blame on me! " she started crying. 

"you hate me that much, key?! you are the worst! " she dropped a piece of his bed on the floor next to a half-empty bottle of vodka.  Kibum felt paralyzed, he couldn't move. "mom?" he asked softly. 

" you are just like your dad, congratulations, you've managed to make me feel like a worthless peace of again. would you like an award for that?" she pulled a crumpled envelope out of her pocket and throw it at him.

Her red swollen eyes were glued on key as he picked up the envelope from the ground and opened it. His hand trembled.

1 plane ticket back to london.

"jus-t get out" his mother grabbed her bottle again and stood up.  "i'm sorry mom, please.. i want to stay with you" kibum said softly. "i want to help you, let me help you mom" he begged her.  "g- get out, get out!" She started to freak out.

--

He had no idea how he ended up in the woods. He wanted to cry so badly, a trickle of blood ran from his head down to the corner of his lip.

She's crazy, she actually hit him with her vodka bottle.His options were pretty limited. It was running away or get seriously injured. Why was he so stupid!  He made her do this, right?  If he had kept his mouth shut this never happened. 

"" he shouted out loud frustrated.

He looked around. Where in the world was he? he was surrounded by large trees, mosses and bushes. Maybe he could call someone to get him out of here, if.. he had a phone.

"Key?" a soft recognizable voice approached him. He turned around with a big smile "krystal?" He still isn't crazy about 'seeing her' . 

When he saw her face, something felt strage. A vocie in his mind kept telling him  'get out of here'. Something was odd about her. She had the same black eyes like Jonghyun had when they first met. Kystal laughed "it's been a long time, i had no time to talk with you, you see.. i was busy" she walked gallantly to him but kibum backed away. 

"Oh, what's wrong with your hand?" she pointed at it. "i-fell" He cleared his throat. "it must be hard to runaway now, right?" she smirked.

Good god.. Is she the same as jonghyun? "it's dangerous out here, alone.." she was still walking towards him. He backed away, but ended up with his back against a tree...

"whe? are you scared, kibum?" she laughed. Key shook his head. "no, not at all you look perfectly fine with those black eyes and pale white skin. I mean it's.... so human.." What the hell is he saying? Ofcrouse this will save him. Not.

"It's not you, it's me. You see, they bit me on my way home after having a perfect date with woohyun. They were with 3 of them. It was dark so i couldn't see their faces.  It was an excruciating pain,indescribably.. but something stopped them from killing me. They left me, bleeding to death..  alone..Docter kim found me. He brought me to his house until the transformation was done. They even tried to make me one of them"

she stopped and looked straight into his eyes. "but, i was craving for something else, you see.. animal blood isn't enough anymore. I need something, stronger and.." her eyes widen out of nowhere. "so tempting, key, you are bleeding" she said and her lips. 

Oh great, just great.. why in the world it has to be always him?! He had to get out of here. NOW! Without saying a word he started to run.  This was crazy.. he couldn't believe this was actually happening to him. It was hidden camera right? This wasnt real. His father wanted to give shock therapy. 

He was going crazy, he was mental ill..Maybe he saw delusions. He was schizophrenic...

Out of nowhere, with a strong force he was thrown to the ground ofcourse right on his hand.. It hurts alot! "GOD! why always my hand!" He wanted to cry in pain.  She sat on top of him.  "sorry key i just need to...It's not you, really.. you came on the wrong time. i really liked you.." so this was it? 

He was going to die, his mother will think it's her fault,.. He isn't ready to die.. not in that way.