Not so human

Hello Monster

 

“You don’t tell people you’re not okay, because it’s hard watching them not know what to do. 

  Then you end up comforting them, even though the one who needed comforting was you.”

 

“Mom?” Kibum bit his lip. The loveable mother, who came to pick him up at the airport completely disappeared after 6 weeks. Their house became a mess and was chaotic but it was the smell of cigarettes and alcohol that made him sick.

He had no choice, he had nowhere else to go since his father ignored his messages. He was to poor for ticket back to London.

“MOM?!” Kibum ran off the stairs. He couldn’t find the car keys. He was going to be late if he had to walk all the way.

“” he cursed, his mother was nowhere to be found just like the keys.

Why? God! He just wanted the year to be over.  He grabbed his phone and texted the person who helped him out a lot. He was the only one he could trust.

To: Taemin

Going to be late, don’t wait for me! >.<

He grabbed his jacket and opened the front door.  He couldn’t see anything through the rain curtain. Fine, just…fine.  He sighed. He wanted to go back inside and cry in a corner. There was no way, not a single thought he was going to walk through the rain.

He looked up and frowned. He had to…

C’mon kibum, head up, man up, u can do it! It’s just.. rain.

He closed his eyes and walked forwards. Just rain.

“key! Key! Wait up” He looked behind him when he recognized the voice. Krystal!

She smiled at him as she walked beside him. He was pretty shocked to see her again, since she disappeared after their meeting on the bench at school.

She stopped texting woohyun, what made woohyun depressed. He had so many questions, but he came to the conclusion that he was going crazy. That he never talked to her or even seen her.

But here she is! Just walking beside him.

She still looked beautiful. She reminded him at the person he hated the most. The person that also disappeared after their meeting, named Kim Jonghyun.

He didn’t showed up at school anymore.

“wh-wh-krystal?” he wanted to touch her, making sure she was real. But that would kind of.. make him a ert.

“You aren’t going crazy, it’s ..” She was looking for the right words. “i-well—“ Kibum interrupted her.

“You are missing krystal, everyone is worried! Even your parents-“ she sighed deeply, interrupting his preach.

“listen kibum, it’s complicated. I’m forbidden to.. talk with people so what I’m doing now is …can we change the subject ? I just wanted to talk with you because you look different than the others. Can you pretend u haven’t seen me? Please? “ kibum was more confused than he already was. “this country is so weird, god I miss london” she laughed.

“something is happening to me, something special, I can’t tell anyone. They don’t have to worry about me. I’ll be back in no time” she looked at kibum.  “I have to go.. I can’t show up in front of our school. hope we can meet again. Thanks for the chat” her smile was breath taking. 

Kibum looked at the ground.

“Thanks for .. saying goodbye first and not just whoosh disappear while I’m still talking to you, people will think I’m ----” he looked up and yep, she disappeared again.

This town was anything but boring. Who was she? And who were the kim’s? 

--

When he finally arrived at  school completely soaked, everyone was still waiting at the parking lot. The first classes were canceled due to the absences of some teachers.

Everyone was staring at him, which was nothing new.

Taemin waved like crazy, making sure kibum had seen him. It was then that he felt someone staring at him. He looked up, and narrowed his eyes when he saw Jonghyun leaning against his car- beautiful luxury car. 

So… the handsome guy was back.

He narrowed  his eyes when he noticed something different. His eyes are different, well the eye color was… It wasn’t black anymore but dark brown.

He face palmed himself, you are so stupid kibum!

Of course eyes can’t change color! He was slowly getting mad. It must be the weather..

He looked at the ground while walking to taemin. Don’t look at thim, don’t look at him… face down…

--

He did not know what happened then, with a tremendous blow he flew against a car. Kibum heard everyone screaming his name. He looked around still shocked.

His eyes widen out of fear when he noticed Jonghyun beside him,his hand stopping the van which wanted to crush Kibum.

He stopped the van with his hand…. there was a huge dent in the van. This can’t be… he looked up at Jonghyun. “wh-why,how? You –were “ kibum hold his breath.

Jonghyun was standing far away from him, It was impossible to be here so quickly. And that dent in the van.. this wasn’t human.

Jonghyun cursed something and disappeared.

Ho---“key!key! Key!” Taemin helped kibum standing up, who was still in a daze.

“are you okay?” he panicked. “yeh- but.. Jonghyun” Taemin frowned. “jonghyun? he is standing over there. I think you bumped your head pretty hard. The ambulance is on its way”

“No no taemin! He was here!”

 

--

“For the 100th time , I’m fine! god” Kibum sighed irritated at Doctor kim. Doctor Kim was like the kim family. Breath taking and white. Kibum was still in shock, knowing that Kim Jonghyun stopped the van. He pretty much saved kibum’s life.

“So, what happened?” Kibum rolled his eyes. “well for the 100th I was walking to my friends when I got nearly crushed by a van, but kim jonghyun stopped it” The doctor frowned.

“Kim Jonghyun? Stopped the van?” kibum just nodded. He knew how unbelievable this sounds but it was true “Jonghyun is my son, I don’t think he is powerfull enough to stop a van with his hand” kibum bit his lip. He hadn’t imagined it “I’m not lying ! hwo do you know about that part? i haven't said he stopped the van with his hand?!”

He felt the anger boiling inside of him. 

“i see Kibum… I think u need some rest toda-“ The doctor got interrupted by kibums mother. “OH GOD!” she ran up to him. “are you okay?- I was so worried!”  her breath smells of alcohol. The same scent that was hanging around the house lately. She wanted to hug him but he pushed her away.

“I know what I've seen, mister Kim. I’m not stupid” He said when he jumped from the hospital bed.

“well, you are free to go kibum/ Oh hii miss kim” his mother blushed. “oh doctor, how are your children doing? “ Doctor kim smiled and they started a conversation.

Kibum decided to wait outside.

What was he thinking? Of course people wouldn’t believe him.

“stop telling lies” kibum petrified hearing that voice.
He turned around, wanted to act y. But after facing him, kibum couldn’t bring a word out.

Jonghyun looked so handsome, just like his dad, was this even human? They aren’t human, that was for sure.

“i’m not lying, lair! You stopped the van and saved my life! I’m not stupid, I won’t tell anyone” jonghyun sighed frustrated, biting his beautiful lips.

“you – do you regret saving me?” Kibums voice sounds weak. He hated it. He wasn’t weak.

Jonghyun sighed also frustrated “of course not”

“SEE! You saved me! i'm not crazy!” Jonghyun growled irritated. “stay away from me please, I’m not a good friend. You shouldn’t hang out with me…”

“KIBUM” that voice… he started to hate so much. “mom, let me drive” he turned around. “hii jonghyun, you look great just like your father, byeeee!!” she song when kibum grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the car.

--

He again… couldn’t  fall asleep.

What was wrong with this town?

Krystal, The kims? Jonghyun saved his life! Why? Jonghyun hated kibum. He stared out his window.
Who are they? no more likely WHAT are  they?