Lost

Hello Monster

"I wouldnt mind not waking up tomorrow" -- "Don't say that mom, please...."

Kibum opens one eye because of the noise downstairs. The aroma of homemade pancakes his nose. He was still in his mothers bed. They fell asleep together, where was she? was she the one making pancakes? 
He yawned and jumped out of bed, he stared at the old clock in his mothers room "08:30am" he muttered.

For the very frist time, he slept really good. But he couldn't stop thinking or dreaming about Jonghyun, what he was or what he could be. It drove him insane. He quickly got ready for the trip to Andong. 

"mom?" he asked cautious while walking downstairs towards the kitchen. He heard several voices. 

"Key!" Taemin jumped up towards key, giving him a thight hug. "hi-i?" kibum asked shocked, seeing all of his friends around the kitchen table, while his mom was making pancakes. His mother smiled and looked beautiful. 
The hell? "hii key, want some pancakes?" his mother asked with the sweetest voice he ever heard. She looked like the woman that picked him up at the airport. Where was the woman from yesterday, the woman that was covered in paint, crying all night until she fell asleep? the woman from weeks ago? where was his addicted mother? 

He shook his head and tried to look happy. "are you ready guys?" kibum almost begged, why were they even here? What if they saw her laying on the floor or kitchen table passed out? they nodded with a mouth full and grabbed their stuff. "we were waiting for you" nicole said. "thanks miss kim for the nice breakfast" they bowed and went outside.

His mother stared at him with a sweet smile but kibum looked away and wanted to leave. "key?..thanks for yesterday" she bit her lip. "No mom, Just....." kibum didn't wanted to face her "get help" he said and left. How could he forget her words?She had to take car of him, He was her son not vica versa. C'mon don't let this ruin his day. 

"your mom is so sweet, i'm glad she felt better this morning" taemin smiled innocent when kibum entred the car. Kibum smiled fake "yeah she's really .. sweet" 

 

It would take half an hour by car to get there, But because of some people they had to stop every 10 minutes because someone had to pee. They finally arrived after a journey of one hour and a half.
"I'm carsick" kibum rolled his eyes at nicole "get out! don't puke on me" he almost kicked her out the car. She threw up beside the car. "that's gross" kibum stared in disgust in the other direction. " so what are we up to?" Taemin asked curious.  Woohyun grabbed a map out his pocket. "so to get to the beach we need to go.. we are here now, so we..hmm that way" he pointed at a small street. 

"are you sure?" nicole frowned and wanted to take a look at the map. "Get off nicole" woohyun mumbled and hide the map for nicole. "i just wanted to check, that's all" she shrugged. "I'm 'the' expert, everyone follow me" KIbum sighed deeply, why did he agreed with this? 

After a while walking and wandering around things started to look bad. Kibum was pretty sure that this wasn't the right way to the beach but he kept quiet. Nicole and woohyun were already fighting about it. "Key, i don't think we make it to the beach, and i'm getting hungry" kibum agreed. "tell them to shut the f**ck up please?" kibum laughed at his friend's quostion. "why me?" taemin shrugged "you have guts" they both laughed.

But he was right, someone had to end this "hey guys!" kibum shouted. they both looked up, each holding a part of the map. great... they have torn the map. "i think we are lost" nicole rolled her eyes "no, we are walking into the right direction, trust me"  kibum coughed sarcastic. She pouted. 

" i have an idea, what about... we split up and the first arriving at the beach wins, the loser treatsl!" Nicole smirked at this challenge "fine see you later losers, c'mon woohyun!" she dragged him with her.

"So genious, but what to do now? they have the map" Taemin looked around in panick. " we just walk back to the car and turn right instead of left" Taemin nodded. 

"hey, what were you guys talking about yesterday? you and jonghyun?" Taemin asked out of nowhere. "nothing special. I asked him to join us but he refused, he said that he 'couldn't come here' " kibum was still wondering what he meant by that.

Taemin laughed and thought deeply, looking for the right words "yeah...he was probably joking, there is a legend from centuries ago. It sounds really crazy but..the Kim family, would 'centuries ago' have been  .. vampires. well his 'parents' their parents, their parent's, it's obviously a legend made by the jung 'wolve' clan. They wanted to protect their people and banned them from their ground. He just doesn't like us, Key" taemin shrugged. "n... they are different" He looked down and bit his lip. "but that's just a legend, right?!" taemin tried to laugh hard but kind of failed. "legend" kibum nodded.

Kibum was kind of paralyzed. Vampires.... 

Vampires?

Vampires.....

Maybe.. no what is he thinking?! 

"kibum? " taemin asked worried. He shook his head and smiled. "yeah?"
"Are you happy here?" he asked with a soft voice, kibum looked away  "i am" kibum smiled brightly. But he was  lying. It wasn't fair for taemin but he had no choice. 
"but u are going back to london, right?" his eyes were wandering around. This conversation felt awkward in some way. Like he was trying to tell him something. Kibum nodded "that's, eventually, my plan yes" 
Guilt gnaws at him, his mother will be left behind. But he wanted to go back to his beloved city. 

"I love my parents key, like a lot." He looked at his hands. "but..." he sighed deeply. "forget about it, just.. know that you meant a lot to me" he looked up forcing a smile. "just so you know.. in case...something happens" So strange..like he was trying to say goodbye. 

"we are here!! and we are the first!" taemin jumps inexcitement, avoiding the subject. "i knew it" kibum cheered "free food, we are getting free food" Taemin was shaking his hips in a victory dance. Not much later they heard nagging voices.

"that's not fair! it's your fault woohyun!" nicole nagged and gave woohyun a back head slap. "Atch! the hell was the for? you knew the way!" KIbum laughed at the two of them. They were clearly made for each other.

He looked at the breath taking view in front of him. There was no sun, but the grey clouds made the sea look more beautiful. It was so quiet, he enjoyed it. "let's go back, i want to shop some clothes" what? were they already leaving? "i stay here for a while" they looked at him and shrugged "call us if you want to join us" they all nodded "i'm fine, u guys can go already, i'll call u!" 

"okay, see you later!" kibum nodded. Why leaving so fast? He sat down and sighed deeply. Why not enjoying this peacefull moment? So the kims are forbidden to come here... because they are vampires?
Kibum began to tie all the loose ends together.. Jonghyun was abnormal white, abnormal cold, abnormal beautiful, abnormal fast but where were his pointy teeths? and he comes out during daytime... he closed his eyes layed down for a moment.
Or maybe... aarrg.. 

He didn't know how long he has been laying there, he had fallen asleep and was completely covered in sand.The sun was already going under.. sh**t. He had to call them! he searches in his pockets but couldn't find it. He lost his phone... no wait...sh----t he has no phone. Godd**wn! what to do now? He looked around. Hoping for the best...

Just great, just.. great. He sighed and stood up, maybe if he tries that way...

.-------
9pm

", " Taemin cursed. Nicole sighed looking at the empty beach. "why was he so stubborn?! if we had stayed together nothing would've happend!" Woohyun hit her on the arm. "it's your fault that his phone broke, nicole" she sighed offensive "I beg your pardon, sir?"

"I beg your pardon? really?! you almost killed him" Woohyun rolled his eyes. " who---" the last thing he wanted to hear now was her nagging voice.  "Sh*t the f**ck up!" taemin lost his temper. 

A good friend of him got lost, who knows what happened?! He bit his lip and stared at his phone, should he... he had no choice right? This was an emergency! He said he could call him ... But...nicole and woohyun. "hey guys uhnm.. go back to the car, i'll call the police" they shrugged "i was cold anyways" she yawned. "you are so st*pid, yeah maybe he is already by the car! we call you tae" taemin nodded.

He held the phone to his hear. It made him nervous and his heart was beating in his throat. He was afraid of this person, but also heels over head in love. "Taemin?" Taemin almost peed his pants. His voice was stern and harsh. 
"i-i--i" c'mon tae, you can do it. "i need your help" His voice was shaking. 

Taemin heard some voices in the background. The other didn't answer. "it's an emergency, please" 

The bastard scoffed "I hope a good one" taemin got pissed off. "Kibum, you know Kim Kibum? the new student... we lost him" The man laughed out loud "you lost kim kibum?!" a deep low growl sounded on the background. "get off Jonghyun! yeah, thats why you called me? That's hardly an emergency taemin. just call him jesus" taemin narrowed his eyes.  "He means a lot to me! if something happens it's because of you! please? he has no phone with him and no jacket and it's getting cold!" he begged. just please.."call the police?" taemin sighed. "you are faster, u can find him in no time no,no second!" The other  man sighed deeply "where are you?" he asked serious. "andong" 
"Go home, i will take care of it" Taemin smiled. "can we meet?" he sounded hopefull. 

No answer....

"are y-" he got interrupted. "just go home, tae. Don't worry about your friend" 
Taemin nodded and sighed "thanks, Minho but make sure he is alive"

Minho growled but laughed "we'll see about that"

------

"so-i, you know, i found ooout how h--ard it is to re-ally chaaange,you know?!  hell can get comffy once you are seeettled in, right?" Kibum fell over his words and laughed. The bartender smiled at him "we all have a hard time sometimes, that's life i guess" kibum had to focus on the barmans words. "heh, i--hate alcohol you know? , but so-some, you know?" he smirked. "c-an i have another one?" the bartender shook his head "don't you have enough already?" kibum shook his head "listen, i-i'm lost, my fliends a-are gone, i-have-no phone, i'm .. here!" 

"excuse me sire, i'm a friend of his. I'll take him home" Kibum turned around, suprised to hear that voice "lo-ok, that's the guy- say hii!! he found me!" kibum waved at jonghyun. "that's jonghyun, jonghyun that's bartender!" kibum took a last sip of his drink. "i-m ready to go home, you know?!" he stood up, shaking. "i was afraid, i had to take him home with me. Goodnight guys" jonghyun payed the bill and lifted  kibum without problem.

Jonghyun felt ice cold. "y-ou are cold, you know!" a hiccup escaped his mouth. "it's cold outside, 'you know?!'" jonghyun tried to quote him. "how did y-ou found meh?" kibum yawned when he sat down in jonghyuns luxury car. "ni-ce" he hiccuped again. "you are so stupid" jonghyun said when he started the car.

"u-u are stupid, you know" he scoffed. "how did you ended up here?" kibum shrugged twice "i-was lost, wandering around, and then bartender was there!" kibum smiled "he w-as nice and very pret-y" he heard jonghyun growl. "you are unbelievable! really" jonghyun got mad out of nowhere. Kibum smirked "i -know right? i am unbelievable! the almighty key! the--key from all the keys, best key of the wolllld"

Jonghyun was driving to fast, it made kibum nauseous. "don't throw up in my car or i'll let you clean it" kibum grinned and sighed "t-hat's what mom sa-id whe-n i was younger, i mean when she get mad, when she was drunk, i had to cle-an up her mess, you know? her puke-mess" jonghyun remained silent, and kibum stared out of the window.

"she- wanted to be the perfect mother..making pan-cakes. Stuff that mom's do you know? " he stopped talking because of another hiccup. "when i w-as 5, she gave me pancakes mixed with vodka, i-i had to eat all of it, she made it for me, right?" he bit his lip.

"why did you drink?" jonghyun was surprisingly sweet. Kibum shrugged "to forget" he closed his eyes for a minute.

"goodnight, key" was the last thing he heard.

-----------------------

Note: Well hii guys, This sounds pretty depressing right? his mother is a heavy alcoholic and it is not getting any better. The only person he could trust now is taemin right? But to be honest, everyone walks out of kibums life.His father did, his mother did,so will taemin eventually ? 

Thanks for the subs and comments! They make my days :)