Cold breath

Hello Monster

I learned that other people don’t truly make you happy. Other people simply just take away the lonely feeling..there’s a difference.

"mom? phone for you!  moooom?!" Kibum rushed downstairs with their house phone in his hands. Mom's boss wanted know why she wasn't at work again.  "mom?" still no answer. He checks the kitchen and was frightened to death. His mother was lying lifeless with her head on the kitchen table.  "mom?! mom?!" he drops the phone on the ground and tried to shake her awake. "Please, mom! How much this time?" He looked around at the floor. 2 empty bottles of wine catched his eye. Why? why?! why she does this to herself?

"C'mon please mom" He grabbed her face in his hands and kept shaking "look at me" he almost begged. she finally opened her eyes a little bit. "i-was,good hehe?" she fell over her meaningless words. Kibum sighed in relief. "c'mon , i'll carry you to bed" unpaid bills are spread out on the kitchen table. He bit his lips, he hated it but he had to find a job before they get in trouble. He put her drunken arms around him, she was smaller than him, so he could take her easily upstairs.

He felt so powerless, she hasn't changed a bit.

"here you go" he let her fall onto her bed. "i take the car to school so.. see you this evening" She looked at him but didn't respond. Her empty eyes made him scared. But he couldn't stay home, he had to go to school. He must admit that she was less aggressive. He lay a  hand on the back of his neck, while closing the door. A large scar was hidden underneath his hair. When he was younger, she threw a bottle against the back of his head. Thats what made him leave her here and started a fantastic life with his father, The father who ignored him now. 

For the first time he felt lonely. 

He had his 'friends' at school, but there wasn't anyone outside school. In London he had his weekly fight club, the pain, the feeling that he was alive was enough for him, it felt..like a weight fell off his shoulders. 

He wanted to fight so badly, to fight all his frustrations away.. 

The only one he could trust here was taemin and krystal. But krystal only came by now and then.
And Jonghyun?  kibum got ignored by him again, after he saved his life. He kept his agreement. His lips were sealed, yet jonghyun wasn't talking to him. He hated it a lot. He wanted to talk with jonghyun, he wanted to become friends with that person. Kibum never experienced that kind of feeling before.

He sighed and grabbed the car keys of the table. He was still wondering how it was even human and possible to stop a van with a hand. The van was worse off then kibum was. Also... he was amazingly fast. He was standing far away from kibum, he wasn't cazy. Jonghyun,no all of the kim family and krystal included weren't 100% human he was that far, how crazy it might sound. they were something and he wanted to know what. He got scared to walk at the school parking lot.  Nicole drove the van, she lost control and almost killed kibum. Now she was begging him forgiveness, she kind of started to stalk him everywhere. 

It was so cold, his fingers were already frozen when he closed  the front door. "keey!!!" Kibum looked up and taemin was waiting at his car, covered in snow. He was shaking but still smiling. He was so cute, it kind of warmed kibums heart. "hey, what are u doing here...? you should have called me silly!" kibum opened his car. "here" Taemin gave him a thermos. Kibum frowed at it, what was that?

"i-i wanted to su-suprise u, i-i called u- but u didn't pick up your p-p-phone" kibum wanted to headpalm himself. His phone got broken after that car accident. It was still alive... until last night.  "sorry tae, i need a new phone, get in my car" when they both got in, kibum the heating.

"what's in it?" he opened the thermos and a light brown substance stared back at him. "i-i made you a l-latte! i kn-know u missed that, i-tried" Kibum had to smile. "thanks" he took a sip and wanted to spit out immediately, it was just coffee mixed with buttermilk. Key tried to swallow it and smiled back at taemin "thanks, it's really nice but i have to drive or we'll be late" taemin nodded and gave a heart warming smile.

"is your mom okay? my mom heard she didn't showed up at her work again" taemin asked curious. Of course, this was a hell small town. Everyone knew.  Kibum bit his lip. He couldn't tell anyone about her addiction or they will  prejudiced against her. "yeah, she.. felt sick this morning" Taemin nodded worried. "it happens a lot, she got fired because of that in the past. She almost lost her house. Sometimes, before you came, she didn't came out her house for weeks"  kibum wanted to change the subject  "you and this whole town gossip to much" kibum tried to make it sounds like he was joking but he was bloody serious about it. They should stop talking behind peoples back.

Taemin laughed "yah, i'm a gossip girl i guess haha" 

---

The school day proceeded as usual. Boring lessons, boring conversations, boring teacher, everything was boring basically.He tried to avoid the kim's and especially jonghyun during lunch break. They probably think he was a stalker. "hey- whooo, kibum?!" he woke up from his daydream. This whole table was staring at him, he felt akward. "yeah?" he answerd. "we were talking about going to Andong tomorrow" Kbum frowned "it's a schoolday tomorrow" they shook their head "not for us, what about it? it's a small town but they have a beach and shops!" he shrugged "okay, fine" nicole almost shouted out excitement. 

"i pick you up!" she grabbed kibums arm. "No, i -" she interrupted him. "YES! please? to make it up to you" Kibum sighed and rolled his eyes "i told you already, it's okay. I was fine" she could make it up to him with buying him a new i-phone. Of course he couldn't say that out loud. 

"oh, key.. jonghyun is pointing at you" Taemin whispered. He frowned at tae, wanted to give him a b**** slap. "you aren't funny"  

"no seriously! turn around!" kibum sighed and did what he said. Jonghyun was dazzling staring at him. God, he was so beautiful, it took his breath away. He couldn't move...or breath or.. jonghyun was so perfect and he was staring at kibum with his beautiful soft brown eyes. Jonghyun made the sign to come to him. Was he dreaming? right? he hated kibum, he couldn't .. noway!  "what are you waiting for go to him, you stupid!" Nicole pushed him violently of his chair. 

He got out of his daze.

"The hell was that for you b*** ?! that hurts!" He wanted to punch her in the face. But he felt everyone staring, he had to remain calm. He looked up at Jonghyun and walked to his table. All the other kim's were already gone. 

The fragrance of his expensive cologne made kibum forget all his wrenched feelings against that person. How can anyone be so perfect? It was impossible.. "what are you staring at, sit down" kibum was stunned by his voice. He missed his voice, even though it was only few days ago. "Yah! don't tell me what to do" he said he stubbornly wanted to look tough. But he did what jonghyun said and sat down beside the most beautiful creature he had ever met. 

" and wow what a supriseyou are talking to me again?" kibum sniffed annoyed at him. Jonghyun frowned questioningly. "yeah why shouldn't i?" he seriously asked that? he ignored kibum for days! "You should warn me when you feell like ignoring me" he sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"i did it for your own good" His voice sounded like a perfect melody in kibums ears. kibum scoffed b**tchy"'my own good?'" he quoted. "you saved me, i haven't told anyone 'how you saved me'. Yet you are still ignoring me?! how rude you f-- " he bit his lip. He had to calm himself. "i wasn't ignoring you actually, i was avoiding you" kibum scoffed again "even better" he murmured. 

"i'm not .. good company, key" Jonghyun was looking for the right words. kibum had to amdit that.. it felt good to talk with him again. Jonghyun grinned and stared into kibums eyes again. It made kibum blush. "k- don't use my nickname. Key is only for friends" jonghyun frowned "i can't be your friend" here we go again. Kibum sighed irritated and frustrated. "but.. the other side of me wants to hang out with you, key-bum" what was this guy saying? His words made Kibum even more confusing. 

"Be a rebel and hang out with me" kibum longed for it. They were leaning closer to each other. He could feel jonghyuns ice cold breath against his own warm skin. His heart was beating really fast, and as if jonghyun could hear it, he backed away from Kibum. "I want to try to hang out with you, but you are playing with your life"  that made kibum smile and curious. So, he was right. Jonghyun wasn't human! what was he? an alien? disguised as a human being.

"why are you so dangerous? i know you aren't human, i'm that far" Jonghyun grinned, he was so dawn perfect. "take a guess" He doesn't confirm nor denies it. "i'm not telling you what i have in mind" kibum wasn't stupid, jonghyun would laugh at him. "c'mon, tell me what you think, it's so frustrated" kibum rolled his eyes "haha it's normal not to know what other people think" his face glanced in panic at kibum but relaxed "you are right, but tell me" 

"okay, don't laugh.." jonghyun shook his head "i won't, promise" kibum took a deep breath "well an alien? maybe? or.. a wizard or something, it's also possible that you're bitten by a radioactive spider" jonghyun bit his lip not to laugh, but he couldn't hold it any longer. Kibum was ashamed, why was he so stupid even thinking about it.

Jonghyun couldn't breath, everyone was staring at him. "ssht, u liar! u promised not to laugh!" he got a hold on himself "well, sorry but it's ridiculous, you lack imagination!" kibum mumbled something inaudible. "so, you aren't one of that?" he shook his head with a beautiful smile. " how close was i?" 

"not even close, i'm not an alien, i'm not bitten by a spider and i'm not harry potter." The way how he said that sounded really ridiculous. "i will find out what you are"  his facial expression darkned. "it's better if you don't" you could feel his tension. "you know jonghyun, i'm a rebel. So if you forbid me something i'll do it anyway" kibum smirked to clear the air. It worked because jonghyun smiled. "aren't you coming with us tomorrow? to Andong?" he frowned and shook his head. 

"i can't go there, so have fun" kibum felt kind of disappointed. "seems like lunch break is over" the whole canteen was empty. His friends left him behind..."your friends are still waiting outside" kibum frowned suspicious. How does he know? "how-" he wanted to ask but jonghyun interrupted him. "it's normal for humans not to know what other people think,thats what u said.  but  since i'm not human.." he stopped talking when taemin came in. 

Dawn you tae! 

"i'll see you the day after tomorrow then" kibum frowned again "aren't you coming to class?" he shook his head "i have to somewhere, have fun at Andong see you later key!" he gave a last breath taking smile and walked away. He said key.. so we are friend now?

"are you coming key?" kibum looked up at taemin, and nodded.

Could jonghyun read minds? or else he wouldn't say something like that.. god it was driving key insane..what could he be?

------------

The sun has shone that afternoon but all he could think about was Jonghyun. They were friends.. well kind of friends now. He opened the front door but kept the car keys.

He doesn't want his mom driving a car while being drunk. "mom are you up?" he asked kicking off his shoes. There was no response. Was she still sleeping? "mom?" he shouted looking around the house. 

Where was she? was she gone? but he locked the door. 

He heard noises coming form the garden. 

"mom?" he asked worried. She was crying completely covered in paint, she wanted to paint the back of the house. "it-it's not... " she looked at key with red swollen eyes and a bottle in her hand. "look i'm painting! i- do it for you key" she wanted to smile but the tears kept coming out of her eyes. "i'm horrible key, i'm a horri-horirble mother key"

she was right.  but it broke his heart seeing her like that "c'mon lets go inside mom" he gave her a hand and  pulled her off the ground. "let's clean you up..."

"don't go back, i need you.. i missed you" kibum bit his lip. "i stay mom, i missed you too"  he was lying to make her happy. Because she kept him from being lonely.