Chapter 7

Hey Mister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7:

 

Banquet

 

 

 

For a couple of days, Yoongi worked alone on cases since Sumin wasn’t cleared by doctors to work just yet and those couple of days were torture.

 

    It was like going right back to his boring life, until he heard a familiar voice at the gate. Yoongi actually smiles for a split second before holding the elevator door open for her and her crutches to fit inside. She sags against the elevator wall with a huff and grins up at her partner, who gives her a slight nod and slight smile (meaning not his gummy smile but a smirk).

 

    “You’ve been cleared by a doctor?” Yoongi asked, referring to the documents in her hand and takes it so that she can balance better.

 

    “Yeah, finally. The stitches are healing and I could get off of these damn crutches in a couple of weeks. It was a lot deeper than I thought..”

 

    “It was as deep as I thought.” Yoongi mutters, running a hand through his hair.

 

    Sumin snorts, “yeah I heard from my nurse you were hecka scared.”

 

    “Shut up.”

 

    “You like me.”

 

    “To an extent” Yoongi sighs as if it was unfortunate, “you’re not as annoying as most people.”

 

    “Gee thanks. Was my brother annoying? He can be sometimes.” Sumin asks, trying to brush off the warm feeling his kind-of-compliment gave her.

 

    He hums softly, the elevator stopping on the fourth floor after so long. “Your brother makes no sense sometimes.”

 

    “Well what were you guys talking about?” She replies, walking towards the Kim Heechul and Son Dambi’s now shared office, trying to hide her curiosity.

 

    “Nothing important” the blonde replies smoothly, opening the door and Sumin lets her curiosity go in front of her superiors.

 

    She hands her paperwork to their two bosses, Kim Heechul sitting in his desk, while Son Dambi had been leaning back in another office chair. Yoongi has heard many of his coworkers gossip about them, and about how the partnership between the two floors had happened because the two CEOs were dating or getting secretly married. He doesn’t care much, but he wouldn’t be surprised if they were simply friends - the two didn’t seem like the couple time after all.

 

    Son Dambi is talking to him about her weekend and about other future work calmly. The two are calmer than usual, and the questions Yoongi wants to ask is answered when she tells him that she was cutting down on the coffee that week. Before he could reply something casually rather than the sarcastic comment he wants to say, he’s interrupted by a whine on the other side of the room. Of course, it is Sumin.

 

    “I’m sorry, Sumin, but you’re going to have to keep working in the office this week. Being cleared by a doctor doesn’t mean the doctor being unsure of putting you back in.” Heechul says with a sigh, “you can’t just cover his comment up with a sticky note.”

 

    Sumin is flustered after being caught, and sighs in defeat because there was no way she could possibly explain herself or keep lying any further. With that, she follows her blond haired partner out of the office, watching as he quietly picks up a file.

 

    “Since when do you try lie?” Yoongi asks, and Sumin thinks she sees amusement in his eyes for once.

 

    “What’s that supposed to mean?” She accuses.

 

    "I've noticed that you're quite the perfectionist, but you can never perfect your horrible lying." He says, taking the files.

 

    Sumin glares at him judgmentally. "If you know I'm a perfectionist, why would you even point out my flaw. What would you suggest I do about it, Mr. Perfect?"

 

She s the medical files into his arms, which he doesn't flinch at. In fact, he takes it all into stride and his expression is unchanging. He opens the files and scans them for a moment, taking the blank sticky note and scribbling something on with a pencil on a near desk.

 

    "It's suspicious of the sticky note is blank so just put a random comment about it here. Also, it's too convenient that there's a sticky note on top of the comment section. You should've added something like 'update: she is doing fine. Stitches have healed well' or some ." He finishes.

 

    "You are an evil, evil man." Sumin hisses after a long pause, her surprised expression melting into an accusing one.

 

    Yoongi shrugged, “well it’s not like I’ve ever done it before. It’s just common sense.”

 

    “Are you calling me dumb?”

 

    “Yup.”

 

    Before Sumin can punch him in the shoulder, he ducks and slips into the elevator before it closes, giving her his gummy smile before the doors close. She sighs as he leaves, watching from the windows as his car backs out of the parking lot and disappears in the jumble of cars on the highway. Needless to say, Sumin would be bored for the rest of the week and unlike Yoongi, she’s fine with admitting she would much rather hang out with the older man then hang out in the office.

 

 

    The next day, Sumin catches Yoongi in the elevator alone, quickly scanning her badge at the gate as he holds the door open for her. Her partner was caring in his own little way, helping people out but able to maintain his whole I-don’t-care kind of image. He holds her stack of files for her, even if she wasn’t using her crutches anymore, and walks her to her cubicle because “he still had time anyway”.

 

    “So how’s the filing job going?” He teases as he sets the files dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter