Chapter 5

Hey Mister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5:

 

Different

 

 


 

Sumin did better at the job than Yoongi probably thought. Well, she did her job differently - in a way Yoongi had not expected at all.

 

    The moment Yoongi pulls up in the parking lot, he drops her off before driving to the opposite side of the parking lot to avoid any suspicion. He’s immediately greeted by the pilot with a mischievous smile.

 

    Here we go, he thinks, before putting on a fake smile.




 

On the other hand, Sumin wanted to fall asleep the moment one of the flight attendants explains everything while walking around the airport. It was one thing to show her around the actual plane, but it was another to drag a newbie around the airport - where men stood here and there. The girl introduced herself as Kim Jimin, a small girl with a high pitched voice, who probably was still in her early twenties.

 

    “Am I shadowing you today?” Sumin asks in between one of the girl’s pauses, trying to suppress her own impatientness.

 

    Jimin stops walking, almost causing Sumin to crash into her. The small girl gives her an icy look, before stiffly walking towards their terminal, the early passengers lighting up the moment they pass.

 

    "Saeun unnie is who you're shadowing" Jimin says suddenly stopping again, "so don't mess up."

 

    "Excuse me?"

 

    Realizing her mistake, Sumin quickly melts into a confused and submissive expression when Jimin turns around. She turns back and continues down to the plane, explaining Saeun's position and about how the other woman was incredible. Sumin knew it was bad that she let the two words earlier slip - it was a sign of authority and to show it in front of someone of higher status was offending and could make Jimin suspicious.

 

    Still, the way Jimin spoke of Saeun, was as if she was a god. Sumin knew the woman was of higher status to the other flight attendants, but the way Jimin spoke, was as if Saeun had found the cure for cancer.

 

    "Anyway, just do whatever Saeun tells you and you'll keep your job. Just stay on her good side." Jimin snaps and stomps off in another direction before Sumin can say anything.

 

    Sumin stares, as Jimin walks off, but she’s quickly approached by who seemed to be the famous Song Saeun, a rather small woman, who was a few inches shorter than Sumin, approaches her with a dazzling smile. Sumin can see why everyone seemed to respect her. Song Saeun walked confidently and with a lot of charisma and charm. Song Saeun looked like a decent person, and if they hadn’t met in these circumstances, Sumin could see this woman being a nice acquaintance.

 

    But, they met under these circumstances.

 

    “Hi, I’m Lee Kyung Mi. I’m the new flight attendant with this flight.” Sumin lies with a smile, “it’s nice to meet you.”

 

    Song Saeun smiled. “Hello, Kyung Mi-ssi. You’ll be shadowing me today, Song Saeun, so if you have any questions just ask when we go into private areas rather than in front of the passengers, okay?”

 

    Sumin smiles back and nods that she understands, and follows Song Saeun, trying to wipe the look of suspicion on her face. However, as much as she want to hate her target, Sumin just can’t admit that Saeun was a bad person. She treated her flight attendants nicely, was positive, and a bubbly person.There were moments during the flight when Sumin had to snap herself out of it, and stop being so friendly.

 

    I just want to talk to Yoongi, Sumin thinks as all the passengers file out of the plane, and before she can start sprinting out of the terminal, Saeun calls for her. I’m supposed to hate you, she thinks and turns back.

 

    “Remember you have 45 minutes before we have to go back!” Saeun calls, and Sumin goes flying out and around the corner before any of the flight attendants could see.

 

    As Sumin speed walks down the airport, a hand suddenly grabs her wrist, dragging her into one of the closets, causing her to let out a gasp in surprise. However, of course it’s only Yoongi - It looks like he’s been kept in a heated closet for an hour, because his pilot outfit was gone, and now he looked like an office worker. He wore a simple white button down, a silky black tie, black slacks, and black dress shoes.

 

    As the door closes, Sumin kicks her heels off and sags against the wall. Yoongi gives her a grim smile, and sits next to her with a sigh.

 

    “Is she nice?” Yoongi asks after a long silence.

 

    “Yeah. What about Jaerim? Was he like the company said?”

 

    “No” Yoongi grumbles, “he followed every rule to a T.”

 

    “Maybe the company lied or something, because Saeun is so nice.” Sumin says miserably and Yoongi laughs, ruffling her hair.

 

    “Nope. Stuff like this is normal. They don’t trust us yet, so when they do they’ll start becoming their normal selves. Right now, they’re probably discussing whether or not they should start yet.” Yoongi glances at her and smiles again, “listen, it still might catch you off guard when you do see her ‘true side’ but don’t worry too much. Any clues?”

 

    Sumin blinked. “Clues?”

 

    “Like do the other flight attendant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter