Chapter 3

Hey Mister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3:

 

Apologies

 

 


 

Yoongi wake from his nap at six to his annoying ring tone that his brother set in, but responds by throwing his phone across the room, only to get up and hastily pick it up. The name that popped up surprised him.

 

    “Hyung?” He mumbles, sitting up from the couch and turning the TV off.

 

    “Yoongi-ah” Jiyong cooes, his voice a bit too loud, which causes Yoongi to flinch in surprise.

 

    “What do you want?”

 

    “YAH!” His brother screeches, causing Yoongi have the urge to hang up.

 

    However he hasn’t seen much of his family after moving to Seoul, so he deals with his older brother’s loud voice. He goes on and on about his wife, Mina and about how they’re trying to have a baby before their dad starts complaining about it. Jiyong was a total of three years older than Yoongi, and got married to his high school sweetheart years later.

 

    “So how’s work?” Jiyong’s question snaps him out of it.

 

    “Horrible” he deadpans and Jiyong laughs.

 

    “Why? What happen?”

 

    “Because I have a partner now.”

 

    Jiyong pauses. “What’s wrong with that? Is it a girl?”

 

    “Yeah. Why? You don’t see the problem in this either?”

 

    “Why do I have this feeling you pretty much pissed your new partner off?”

 

    “What are you talking about?” Yoongi seethes.

 

    “Hear me out. Yoongi, you really at being friends with girls, and you tend to push girls away when you start to like them.” Before Yoongi can hang up then and there, Jiyong continues, “you’re mad because you want to be alone, but what’s so bad about having a partner? There’s nothing wrong with having company once in awhile. Give it a chance.”

 

    “You act like I’m having a high school crush.”

 

    “Just be a man and apologize, because 90% of the time, the girl is right.”

 

    “Really?” Yoongi sighs.

 

    “Well, in your instance, 99% of the time.”

 

    With that, Jiyong hung up, and Yoongi groaned in frustration. Deciding that the outside world was probably better than having Yuna come home, he changes into a pair of black sweats, a hoodie, and sunglasses. He heads to a convenience store for dinner, and ends up buying the same old ramyun he eats whenever he’s hiding from Yuna anyway. While he’s grabbing some hot water, however, Yoongi glances outside to see a specific figure across the street, laying on a park bench.

 

    Baek Sumin.

 

    “Yah.” Yoongi says, nudging her leg and slurping some noodles, only to get a whine and groan mixed together before rolling over.

 

    The moment she does, her leg knocks over two soju bottles, revealing her tipsiness. Yoongi feels kind of bad, but he tries to reassure himself that Baek Sumin was just a crybaby. Nothing more.

 

    “I think some guy pick pocketed me of 2000₩” she mumbles, sitting up when Yoongi offers her a hand.

 

    Yoongi winced, trying to shake off the guilt. “Why are you drinking out here alone?”

 

    “I just drank one bottle. I’m not much of a drinker.” She admits, but her confused expression quickly turns to a cheeky one, “why? You worried about me?”

 

    “Shut up. Not my fault you get mad over nothing.” He mumbles, but seats himself next to her anyway.

 

    Sumin fishes out a bag of chips from underneath the soju bottles and sighs, “Hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter