-7-

Are you happy?

«Why are you making such a big deal out of this? Just go talk to him» whispered Jaehwan in Hongbin’s ear. Hongbin jumped, startled. Where did that boy come from?

Hongbin was embarrassed, Jaehwan just found him spying on Chansik. He just happened to find him in the library (Hongbin didn’t know Chansik went to his school). He watched him from behind the shelves for a while, the boy was amazingly good looking and Hongbin could’ve watched him for hours.

«He’s deaf» said Hongbin, and Jaehwan nodded like he already knew.

«Yes, and?» he asked, and Hongbin sighed and glared at him.

«Are you wearing pajamas?» asked Hongbin. Jaehwan’s bangs were tied up on top of his head cutely, and he was wearing a white shirt with blue pajama bottoms with ducks on them.

«I’m am sooooo stylish» said Jaehwan, swirling around. Hongbin rolled his eyes and tried to use the opportunity to run away, but Jaehwan grabbed his hand before he could do so.

«What happened to your forehead?» asked Jaehwan, his fingers gently going over the bluish ecchymosis on Hongbin’s forehead.

«It hit a table» said Hongbin coldly, glaring at his cousin.

Jaehwan chuckled and shrugged. He grabbed Hongbin’s arm tighter.

«Young man, you are going to talk to your crush, now!» said Jaehwan. He dragged Hongbin away towards the table where Chansik was sitting, reading. He pushed Hongbin forward, and the boy stumbled for a few feet before grumbling on the floor, twisting his ankle. Chansik had looked up from his book, probably startled by the movement in front of him, and was frowning at Hongbin.

Hongbin grabbed the chair in front of Chansik and got up. He sat on it, rubbing his ankle. He turned around just in time to see Jaehwan jumping away (Hongbin swore he was dancing to Crayon Pop).

«Hi!» he said, turning around towards Chansik. The handsome boy smiled. He was wearing a stripped blue shirt, and Hongbin tried to control the blush that wanted to make its way onto his cheeks.

Hongbin rubbed his ankle, moving it around a little. It seemed fine. He got up.

«Sorry for disturbing you!» said Hongbin, hoping Chansik was good at reading lips. Chansik, looking a bit dazed, waved Hongbin away with a small smile.

Hongbin ran away. As soon as he was out of the library, he let out a sigh. His heart was beating so fast, and a light blush covered his cheeks. He wiped his sweaty palms and dusted off his clothes that were wrinkled from his fall.

Now, where was Jaehwan hiding so he could go murder him?

His phone buzzed before he had the chance to go find him.

From: unknown number

Hyung! It’s Sanghyuk! Junghwan gave me your phone number. Am I bothering you?

Hongbin smiled at Sanghyuk’s adorableness.

To: Sanghyuk

Of course not!

Does your brother still talk about me?

Hongbin pressed send, his cheeks flushed. He walked back into the library so he could go back to spy on Chansik. The boy was way too handsome for his own good, and Hongbin enjoyed the way he felt all excited whenever he saw Chansik. It wasn’t an unpleasant feeling.

From: Sanghyuk

Of course he does! He questioned me so much about you, but I don’t know you much so I thought I’d get in contact with you. I have a list of questions he asked and I’d like to know the answers.

Hongbin giggled as he read Sanghyuk’s text. He stopped laughing and bit his lip. He definitely had to stop sounding like a 13 years old girl.

To: Sanghyuk

Sure! Ask me whatever you’d like to know.

He hid being the bookshelves, peeking through the books and smiling when he saw Chansik. He pretended to be looking through the books and half mindedly read the resumes, glancing at Chansik now and then.

From: Sanghyuk

Are you gay? Do you like studying business? (Junghwan hyung told him this your major. He was clueless on the other answers so Chansik tried to ask me but I don’t know you that well) When is your birthday? Are you single? (Chansik hyung is sure you’re not. He says it’s impossible for such a handsome boy to be single.) Do you have siblings?

Hongbin chuckled when he read the list of questions.

He answered each of those questions, looking up to take a look at Chansik after every word he typed. No he didn’t like studying business. His birthday was on September 29th. He was indeed single. He had two older sisters that were 10 years older, so he didn’t know them much.


To: Chan

I hate when people only see my good looks and don’t really care about me.

From: Chan

I hate when people assume I’m not as smart as them just because I don’t communicate a lot.

To: Chan

I hate when people don’t cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough.

From: Chan

But what if they have no arms?

To: Chan

>.> shut up

From: Chan

:’( you’re hurting me

Hongbin chuckled as he rolled around on the floor. It was past midnight already, but he didn’t want to stop talking to Chan. He didn’t care that he had school in the morning, because talking to Chan made him happy. Wonsik had invited a girl over and Hongbin ended up in Jinyoung’s empty apartment. The older boy was sleeping over at his friend’s apartment, leaving Hongbin alone.

To: Chan

Because you're mean to me. Stop contradicting me! 

From: Chan

Oh I’m sorry. But I think it wasn’t nice of you not to think of people who have no arms. It’s not their fault they can’t cover their mouth.

To: Chan

I hate you.

From: Chan

Awww, I love you too! We have such a beautiful friendship, don’t you think?

Hongbin almost blushed as he read the text he had sent again. He and Chan had been talking nonstop for the last few days, and he already felt like it was the closest he had been to anyone. He had never met him yet he strongly believed something strong was going on between them.

If it wasn’t for Chansik, Hongbin would’ve probably asked him out.

To: Chan

Of course. I wouldn’t stay up late for anyone else :) 

From: Chan

Just the fact that I'm sacrifying my sleep for you. It must mean you're important to me. 

To: Chan

When are we going to meet?

Hongbin waited. He waited until the clock stuck 1, looking at his phone. He fell asleep with his phone held tightly between his hands, waiting for an answer that never came.

And when he woke up to his alarm, there was still no answer.

And him, who had never fallen in love before, wondered if it was possible to love 2 boys at the same time.