-10-

Are you happy?

Hongbin’s hands were shaking as he clutched onto his phone and his notebook. His feet led him to the table where Chansik was sitting with a book. He pulled on a chair and sat down, just as the handsome boy looked up from his book and raised his eyebrow, his brown hair falling messily on his forehead, his big eyes looking at Hongbin with a confused expression. Hongbin put the notebook down in front of him because it was for later. It was finally time and he felt like throwing up. He hadn’t slept, he was too nervous. He knew Chansik liked him back but he still felt nervous somehow. He felt like he was doing too much, and at the same time not enough. Hongbin unlocked his phone. His thumbs moved slowly on the screen and writing a simple message took a lot more time than it usually would have.

To: Chan

I’m about to confess to this amazing boy. I don’t know if it shows but I’m so nervous.

He pressed send and kept on staring at his phone as he heard Chansik’s phone vibrate. His heart was beating so fast, he felt it thump in his chest. He looked up a little only to see Chansik with a smile on his face, writing back. Hongbin had enough time to realize how amazingly well the dark blue long sleeved shirt complimented the boy and how a light tint of pink had found its way onto his cheeks.

Hongbin’s phone vibrated, and he knew it wouldn’t take long for the boy to catch on.

From: Chan

Binnie, fighting! Some weird things are happening to me right now…

Hongbin chuckled, and he could feel Chansik’s eyes on him. He knew the next message would be the last one he would send, as he had some more things prepared.

To: Chan

Chansikie, please look up from your phone. There’s something you need to know.

He pressed send and put his phone down. He looked up at Chansik who read the text with a frown on his face. He looked at Hongbin, his eyes wide from the shock as he slowly connected the dots. Hongbin thought he was beautiful. A light blush covered Channie’s cheeks as he observed Hongbin.

Hongbin opened his notebook and showed the first page to Chansik, his hands trembling. A wide smile spread on his face even though he was nervous.

‘I fell in love with a boy the second my eyes met him’ was written in colorful letters on the first page. Hongbin spent so much time making it pretty and choosing the right words, he really hoped Chansik would like it. It was like his own version of a love letter. His sign language skills were not enough to say everything he wanted Chansik to know, and he wanted to watch his reaction has he confessed so he thought it was the best option. He turned the second page. The book looked like it had been made by a 12 years old girl, but at least it was done with love. Hongbin had poured his whole heart in his confession, hoping Chansik would feel his sincerity.

‘And nothing could stop me from falling harder everyday. He is the last person I think about before falling asleep and the first after waking up.’

His eyes never left Chansik. The boy now had a hand to his mouth and he was looking shock, his eyes going from the text to Hongbin who gave him a reassuring smile. His hands holding the notebook were still shaking and his heart was still beating twice as fast as usual but he kept smiling for Chansik.

‘But there was also this boy. I didn’t know what he looked like but for some reason I would’ve done anything for him. We seemed to understand each other so well and a message from him made a smile appear on my face automatically.’

Chansik stared at Hongbin, a small smile slowly spreading on his face.

‘Turns out they’re both the same person. They’re both the person I am in love with, the person I can’t get out of my head.’

Hongbin hurried to turn the page. He just wanted it to be over. He wanted Chansik to be his already.

‘Gong Chansik. I know this won’t be easy, but will you be my boyfriend?’

Tears were dwelling up in Chansik’s eyes and Hongbin’s heart couldn’t stand it. Before Chansik could even answer, he was back on his feet and walking to the other side of the table. He kneeled in front of Chansik whose tears were now falling freely. He was trying to hide his face with his hands, and Hongbin melted at the sight. He grabbed Chansik’s wrists and pulled on them to see Chansik’s face. He let go of his wrists and cupped his face. They were face to face only a couple inches apart. Hongbin’s thumbs dried Chansik’s tears gently. He smiled to reassure Chansik.

He had to let go of his face in order to sign the word ‘answer’. It was one of the words he asked Shinwoo to show him just in case. Chansik’s eyes widened as he realized Hongbin knew sign language a little. He started nodding with enthusiasm and Hongbin chuckled.

Without even thinking, his hands reached for Chansik’s face again and he leaned in. He watched as Chansik’s eyes first widened but then fluttered close, waiting to be kissed. He brought his lips against his, gently. His let his eyes close and he waited for Chansik’s body to relax until he moved his lips, softly and slowly because he wanted to enjoy each second of the first kiss that meant something to him. The kiss was a little awkward, probably because both guys didn’t have that many kissing experiences, or so assumed Hongbin. It still felt special, because it was their first kiss, and it meant so much. It meant Hongbin didn’t have to be nervous anymore. It meant Chansik was his.

He pulled away when someone from a nearby table coughed. Both boys were blushing as they stared at each other, their faces a few inches away only. Hongbin caressed Chansik’s cheek slowly before he let go of his face, a smile spreading onto his lips.

Hongbin stood up to grab his notebook on the table. He sat on the chair next to Chansik and pushed the notebook towards him after fumbling through the pages to find the right one.

‘This means so much to me. I want us to be able to trust each other and communicate even when it’s hard. We don’t have to rush into this’

The way Chansik stared at him made Hongbin’s heart warm up. He looked at him like he was incredible, and Hongbin, for the first time of his life, felt like he was worth something. Chansik somehow made him feel like a prized possession and it made Hongbin rethink of all those years where he couldn’t believe in himself, seeing Chansik believe in him so intensely.

Chansik opened his mouth like he was trying to say something. He looked like he was hesitating, and Hongbin knew it was probably really hard for him to talk since he couldn’t hear his voice, so he took his hand to encourage him.

«T-Thank you» he said, his words slurred together and weird sounding, but it was the most adorable thing in the universe to Hongbin. A single tear fell down the deaf boy’s cheek and Hongbin dried it with his thumb with a small laugh, he was so happy.

A loud sound made Hongbin jump and he looked to his right to see Jaehwan sitting on the other side of the table, wearing a smile much alike to the Chesire cat’s.

«I’m always right. Should’ve listened to me earlier» he said. He winked before getting back up on his feet and walking away doing the robot. He was wearing yellow suspenders his hair was up in tiny ponytails on top of his head. Hongbin watched him walk away with a frown on his face. He looked back at Chansik to find him writing down something on Hongbin’s notebook. He pushed it towards Hongbin when he finished writing, and as soon as he read the words, his eyes widened.

I didn’t want to go to Sanghyuk’s baseball practice that day we met, but some strange dude came up to me saying I had to go because something important was going to happen. I don’t know why I listened to him, but I ended up meeting you that day.

The dude I met, it’s the guy that was here a second ago.’

 


 

 

A/N: I AM SO SORRY!!!

I didn't mean to stop updating for so long. It just happened and I feel really guilty about it, I was writing another story I had a lot of inspiration for. This is the last chapter, but it is not the end! I'm gonna do an epilogue, or some kind of bonus chapter with the important moments of their relationships. Thank you all so much for supporting this story, I gave it my all even though English is very difficult (I've been fluent for about 5 years, but I still lack vocabulary). I'm very proud of this story, and I hope you'll enjoy this cheesiness contained in the last chapter. I wrote it knowing there are almost no Hongchan stories and there probably wouldn't be a lot of people reading it, so thank you all so much!