♔Candidate One

♔ The Selection ✶ Are You Going to Win the heart of the Princes? Choosing the final 7
2015022710404563278_20150227105012_1.jpg
The selection
author's note:hey  guys! since i was a little free despite the examinations. I thought of writing the teaser chapters per applicant already and i started with Mari's of course. i don't know if it's good enough ;; i didn't know where i was going while writing this...i hope it was okay. or not. l;; please tell me what you think and don't be a silent reader. -.-

 
CHOI Mari
scroll down to view more




BANG!

That was just one of those noises coming from all directions, They didn't know where to go. Left or Right, there was no assurance that they would make it to safety. The crowd was in chaos, people were running everywhere, Men and Women with wounds on their skin, dead bodies on the ground...their eyes still open and watching her. Looking at her with emptiness..but their eyes were as if telling her..Why are you still breathing? Why are you not lying on the ground with us? She ran to the other side,but it was the same situation..every she went the corpses are just piling up on the ground. One particular corpses hand was holding her ankle...she was still alive moments ago. Asking her for help, no begging her for help. She didn't know anything.

She saw children crying everywhere...they were lost.

Just like her.

"MARI!!!"

She heard someone screaming her name from a distance...screaming and screaming again. The voice was fading out, before she could even run towards the direction.

BANG!

clack.

 

Thud.

A faint sound of metal falling could be heard masked by the louder sound of a body falling along with her consciouness slowly slipping away.
 

cling.



She mouthed some words while spontaneously pushing a piece of paper towards the customer's face, who just arrived at the door. The customer lightly pushed the paper away from his face, not too strong as to hurt the girl that was holding it. He read the words "welcome" in it. Chuckling a little, he ruffled her hair earning silent laughs from the girl standing opposite him.

"How was your day Mari?"

He looked at her softly, wanting to know every bit of her day. Mari grabbed a notebook and scribbled some words. 

'How was your day?'

He grinned at her actions.

"Yah, Choi Mari why are you throwing my question back to me?" He gave her a playful warning.

"Are you going to buy bread or what" Another voice came in, pushing the guy from earlier away from Mari.

"Jaebummie...you've gotten a lot stronger" Han Yian laughed.

"Don't call me that! the two of us are strangers to one another!"Jaebum snapped at him. The two of them continued to be in their own cold-war, Yian was smirking at him while Jaebum shoot death glares at him. They were a little too focused on their squabble they didn't notice that Mari was already waving her hands in the air, a pout on her face and waiting for them to notice her. Mari is usually patient, but when her two friends fight like this she couldn't wait to stop their stupidity. She had something important to say to them too, or rather make them read in her notepad.

She was standing behind the counter, realizing that they were in her reach. Mari softly hit the top of their heads with her palms. Instantly stopping their banter.

The two of them looked at her and appologized.

She would definetely miss these two guys.

Jaebum was always there for her, he was her first friend when she didn't know anyone else, aside from Joongki and Kwangsoo of course. Jaebum was always there to protect her. Yian....he was more of a recent friend but Mari felt like she knew him all her life. She wouldn't really open up to other people. She found herself instantly warming up to him.

She didn't know how they would take her annoucement.

But she needed to tell them before it's too late.

Mari grabbed the notebook that already had the words she wanted to say written on it.

'I'm Joining the selection'


"WHAT"Yian and Jaebum said at the same time

'I need to find my family'

"Do you really need to join that thing?!!"

"but you hate the caste system!"


'It's the only for them to see me on television...they would go to me and recognize me'

"you would marry someone you don't love..."Jaebum spurted out.

Yian remained silent, he regretted telling her that it would be good for her to be in the television for her family to find her. and what program is hot right now is that damn selection. She didn't need to...He found her, he knows her family...he knew her all his life, he is her childhood friend...her fiance.

'I sent my application'

It was the only way.

She hated everything about the selection.

but she didn't have the choice.

She would do anything for her to be found.