under fire

we're just like stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1320 w
romance, light angst, slice of life

Taehyun has had more than his fair share of soju, but Seungwan keeps pouring more so he just drinks and drinks and drinks. He's sure he's going to be vomitting later on, and he doesn't want to tell her: "I told you so."  because it'll only get her in a bad mood.

"Please stop." 

The bottle pours its contents with the flick of her wrist. It's their second bottle and they're half-way through already. Taehyun hasn't drunk this much in his whole life but Seungwan seems to be fine on her own, he should've known.

"Oh, come on." she snorts, head shaking before downing the drink in one go. The glass empties faster than it fills. Taehyun looks at her; flat on the floor, legs dangling from the railings and eyes not looking back at him. They're fixated on the city below their dangling limbs. 

Taehyun leans back, looking away from her. She's still dressed in her robes; black, white and blue. Her mortarboard - a plain black academic cap with a blue tassel and white outlines - is on the ground along with the two glasses and three bottles of soju, the other still unopened. 

He had already changed out of his graduation robes four hours ago. They were in an after party, Seungwan decided to bail and Taehyun followed her. She told him she had better plans, and he later finds out her idea of an after party consists of gazing at the light pollution while drinking glass after glass of alcohol. 

"This will be the last time you'll see me."

Taehyun feels himself frown. "You can't use my own line against me."

July 7th, five years ago. Taehyun had made Seungwan cry once - well, okay, he actually made her cry a lot of times but Taehyun feels too guilty to admit that. The last time he saw her was from the side mirror of his brother's car. She was so young, so naive back then. She cried a whole river, if Taehyun may say so himself.

"Yes, I can."

June 20th, five years later; present time. Seungwan makes the decision to live the rest of her life in Canada. They're graduates, adults - real people in the real world. Taehyun can't make himself cry a whole river for her, maybe not now because it still seems like a dream. He made himself come back for nothing. 

They're silent for a long time. Seungwan keeps pouring herself soju. Taehyun only looks at the city lights that block out the real thing that's above their heads. But he remembers what Seungwan told him earlier. He checks his watch; it's almost time. 

"I'm sorry we didn't work out."

January 10th, two years ago. Taehyun came back. Seungwan changed a lot but somewhere deep down, she was still the Son Seungwan he grew to know and love over the course of their elementary and high school years. Taehyun didn't want her to be just a "high school sweetheart" of his. Seungwan deserved to be more. So they had been more.

"If we did, would you still stay h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter