wish upon

we're just like stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1105 w
romance, light fluff

He never did believe in anything outside the realms of Natural Science and the fields of Chemistry and Physics. He was a certified Science Geek, known and aware of all things quantum and molecular. He is a natural believer of all things logical and rash and can be explained through a few diagrams, a couple of charts and some big words thrown here and there while he's at it.

Yeah, he's a true believer.

She was one too.

She believed in all things magical and whimsical and was always stuck in her own little world of fantasy. Her forever bare feet were always running into adventures, she so fondly called but he called them "trouble" and he called her a "troublemaker" and she slapped him by the arm and told him he was a non-believer. 

"I am a believer, just not one of your kin."

She gave him this smug smile when she looked down at him from the top of the tree. Her shirt was baggy and her shorts were short and he tried to be polite by not looking straight up at her from where he stood.

"No, you're not. You're just a geek with no firm roots."

He would've been offended, if not for the lack of insult in her supposed insult. He just walked away from her that day and she called him once and never again. The next time they cross paths, he's in his bed and she's flashing a flashlight on his face to wake him up.

They don't really cross paths, more like she crawls over his window in the dead of the night and drowns his face in blinding light before burying his head in a huge star chart. She constructed their paths, more like it. 

"You're a geek, help me out here."

She said and he groggily sat up before rubbing his eyes. The question of "how did you get in my room" doesn't even enter his mind. She was a weird girl, things like this were not out of the norm for her. But it was for him. Still, he doesn't know why he never bothered to ask her how she managed to break into his room. But it's not like she was a psycho or anything. She was just odd.. and plain weird. 

"Astronomy isn't my forte."

"Neither mine."

He looked at her. The only source of light was coming from the flashlight she held on one hand, lighting up the star chart to make them both see it's drawings. She looked back at him.

"But you're good at it, still. Better than me. Come on." 

Somehow, he found himself helping her. Not just in pointing the constellation Pisces, but also in hauling her telescope out of her room and place it on their backyard at dawn. He looked in first, the coat he wore barely warmed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter