only the best

we're just like stardust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1033 w
romance, fluff

It's a lazy afternoon but nothing about the building is quite, tranquil or still. Everything is buzzing, everyone is moving, the air hums with energy and electricity at the many people who zigzag and crisscross halls and rooms to get where they need to be, unlike two figures who try to race each other to the steps of the stairs that lead to the rooftop. 

They aren't supposed to be running to the rooftop, they're supposed to be with their members in the waiting room preferably practicing and preferably not panting for their breaths. Both of them don't break rules often, well at least one of them doesn't. The other can get away with anything just because she looks like the epitome of innocence and doe eyes. 

"Beat you." she says, a wide smile on. 

Minghao climbs the last few steps and takes a deep breathe. Seongcheol will probably kill him later, and he'll most probably get an earful from his manager and the other older members but for once, he doesn't care.

"You come here often then?" he pockets his hands. The breeze is so warm, so good that he closes his eyes to savor this moment. He breathes in, then out. He hasn't taken a breather these past few months. Rooftops are the only place at the moment that can make him feel like a regular kid again - it makes him forget the responsibilities he has on his shoulder ever since they debuted several months ago. 

"Just once. Last week I was here." she says, turning her back towards him to enjoy the view of Seoul. She talks to him in Mandarin. "With the unnies. We screamed because we were so happy."

"Girls scream when they're happy?" he stands beside her.

Tzuyu smiles. "You have no idea."

He turns to look at her and somehow he sees himself in her. The way she smiles, the way her eyes sparkle and shine, the way her cheeks glow because it's not just blood pumping in her veins and fueling her but it's adrenaline and relief and pure happiness too because they've finally done it. They've finally debuted. 

He's happy for her, he is. It's only their second week of promotions and he hears they're doing well online in views, but he can't help but feel as if he has to warn her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

It's harder than it seems. It's not as easy. It's way different after a few stages. It's not what I imagined, but we have to go on. It's tough out there. Your cheeks are going to hurt. Your head will be filled with rehearsed lines.  Your knees will give in, eventually, but that doesn't have to be now because it's only the beginning - the fresh new start. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter