Chapter 16

Just One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook ran to the place where Taehyung jumped off. He looked down to see the ripples caused by the landing starting to die out. “HYUNG!!!” Jungkook fell to his knees. He lost all the strength in his legs. He just witnessed what he should have never seen. Yoongi and Jin soon arrived. Jin already had dialed the ambulance. No one knew what to do. They just witnessed one of their members commit suicide. Jungkook saw the gifts left behind him. He picked up Taehyung’s phone and the letter that seemed to taunt him. It didn’t feel right for him to just read it now by himself, so he put it in his pocket.

    After 8 long, excruciating minutes of grief and sorrow, the ambulance, the firefighters, and police arrived. No one knew what to do. Jungkook just paced around waiting for the people to find Taehyung in the water. Jin picked up all the gifts one by one handing it to all of the members. Jin didn’t know why he did this at such a timing, but he felt compelled to do it. All of the members, with all of their gifts in their hands, waited for Taehyung to reappear. 5 long minutes of searching went by and Taehyung was finally found. No one fell out of their trance until Yoongi heard the ambulance going away from the bridge. “Hey, the ambulance is leaving!”

    “Come on. Let’s go.” Jin’s heart was heavy as he motioned everyone to the hospital. They called over two cabs and went to the hospital. Their hearts were heavy as if Taehyung was already announced dead, but there was a small bud of hope in their hearts waiting to blossom. They trudged to the inside of the hospital. The smell of rubbing alcohol hit them and the white seemed to be more bright than normal. Jin asked with a small voice to a nurse behind the counter, “Kim Taehyung?”

“Um. Room 095.”

“Thank you…” Jin slowly walked to the room with the members behind him. He dreaded every step towards that door. Everyone felt that way. They reached to the room. Jin placed his hand on the handle and took a deep breath and opened the door. Jungkook pushed through the members and fell to his knees at the sight of Taehyung. “I’m sorry, but patient Kim Taehyung is officially dead.”

“No, No, NO!” Jungkook started to cry. Everyone was shocked. No one knew one of their members would this way.

“No. This can’t be possible. Doctor, please say that this is a lie…” Yoongi grabbed onto the doctor’s arm.

“I’m sorry, but he is gone.” The doctor left the room to leave everyone there with Taehyung. Jungkook dropped his gifts and went to Taehyung’s side. Taehyung was all pale and his lips were blue. His arm was bruised and red with the cuts. It was hard to take it all in. “Hyung, why did you do it? WHY?!” Jungkook clenched his fists. He cried more harder if that was even possible.

Jin broke down. “I’m so sorry. I should have been a better hyung. I should have quickly found you. I was so selfish. I’m so sorry.” It hurt for Jin to look at Taehyung. It reminded him that it was his fault that Taehyung looked this way.

Yoongi just stood there with tears coming down his cheeks. He didn’t understand why Taehyung would do this to himself, yet he understood. “I should have helped you more…”

Hoseok couldn’t look at Taehyung. He tried, but his eyes failed to be upon Taehyung. His voice failed him too as he wasn’t able to speak any words. All he could do was to stare at the floor with tears flooding his eyes.

Namjoon was just blank. Even though he was cold to Taehyung, he never believed that it would result in this. Feeling the guilt of everything, Namjoon spilled his tears.

Jimin was the one who felt so empty. He knew he wasn’t as nice to Taehyung as he should be, but he wanted to change that. Knowing that he will never be able to mend up his relationship with Taehyung broke him. His hands balled up into a fist, and his knuckles turned white.

“Hyung… I loved you.” Jungkook stood up and picked up his gifts. He stood by Jin and silently let his tears roll down his face.

After 3 days, Taehyung’s funeral was arranged. All the members were there with nice black suits. No one said anything. As they lowered Taehyung’s coffin into the ground, Jungkook lost his composure that he put up for a while. He started to sob and couldn’t accept the reality. It hurt to even think about it. Jin put his arm around Jungkook and comforted him, but he knew it wasn’t working. Nothing could help the hole that was ripped to Jungkook’s heart. Jungkook silently stood there and remembered the note his picked up. He hadn’t read it for he was scared of what would be in there. He thought it was the right time for the note to be read, so he took it out of his pocket and gave it to Jin. Jin was puzzled at this gesture, but soon understood that this was the suicide note that Taehyung left. Jin looked at Jungkook and all Jungkook did was nod. Jin cleared his throat to gain the attention of the members. “Um… I wanted to read the suicide note that V left us.” Everyone’s eyes widened. Jin began to read.

Dear BTS,

    This is V or Taehyung. Whichever one you prefer. I’m writing you this because I’m going to kill myself. By the ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter