Chapter 7

Drama High

Sun Hee's POV

I looked at the clock. It's been five minutes since the bell had rang and class started, but there was still no sign of the teacher.

 

Normally, I would have been absolutely fine with that, but this was the only class I didn't have with Da Eun, Mina, or Niel. I have other friends in this class, of course, but no close friends.

 

While everyone chatted with their friends, I just sat their doodling in my notebook think about the past weekend.

 

Friday was definitely interesting. I hadn't told anyone about my 'relationship', if you can even call it that, with Seyong before, and I'm sure he hadn't told anyone, so the girls were the first to know. Thankfully no one got mad or upset about it. I was worried Sooyoung would get mad at me for being with her brother, but she was fine with it, thank god.

 

On Saturday we all went to Sooyoung's house and I was this close to jumping for joy when I realized Seyong wasn't there. I was afraid that it'd get awkward with him around or that one of the girls would let something slip, but he wasn't there so it didn't happen. Mina came over too. She said she was feeling much better and that she was just feeling a bit sick yesterday. Then, L.Joe pulled her into a private room to talk and they came back out with big smiles with Mina proudly wearing and showing off her angel necklace. Hana had seemed a little stiff and uncomfortable, but I don't think anyone noticed except me. I think she still likes L.Joe, though. We really need to talk to her about that.

 

And on Sunday everyone had their own plans so we didn't get to hang out, so for me, it was quite a boring day. And now I was stuck in school, waiting for Mr. Choi to come in some class could get started.

 

Finally, after another five minutes Mr. Choi came in, his hair a bit disheveled and his glasses crooked. I saw the guys in the class smirking and the girls trying hard not to laugh. Someone was a bit busy during passing period, weren't they?

 

He cleared his throat, fixed his glasses, and patted down his hair and apologized for being late, “Everyone, we're getting new seats today. Pick up your books and stand in the back and wait for your name to be called.”

 

I mentally groaned. Great. I hated getting new seats. I was perfectly content with my seat next to HyunAe, one of my friends.

 

Okay, I'm assigning them this time,” This time the class groaned out loud, “And it's boy-girl arrangement.” My eyes widened. Mr. Choi was just wanting to make our lives miserable, didn't here?

 

I looked at he boys in my class. There wasn't really any I talked to much, or one that I was good friends with. I sighed. I hope I get my own seat, since there's an odd number in the class.

 

Mr. Choi went around the room, calling out names for the students to come sit down in their assigned seats with their assigned seat buddy. No one seemed happy with their seats, well, actually, HyunAe seems pretty happy with her seat next to Jun.Q, she's been crushing on him since forever. Well, good for her. I just hope I get a decent seat partner.

 

There were only a handful of students left when he called my name, “Lee Sun Hee, come sit here. You'll sit with-” I saw down with a small sigh as he checked his list. I scanned the row of people standing in the back. I didn't have a boy in mind that I wanted to sit by, but a lot of them looked pretty hopeful to sit by me, but whoever it was, as long as they're nice to me, I don't really care. Mr. Choi finally looked up, “Kim Seyong, you'll be Sun Hee's seat partner.”

 

I lied, I care who I sit by. I don't want to sit by him. I really don't want o sit by him. How could I forget that he was in this class too? I looked at Seyong. He seemed to hesitate a but, but picked up his stuff and sat down next to me anyway.

 

I sighed and shrunk down in my seat. Out of all the guys in the class, it had to be him?

 

I looked at him. He pretty much looked the same, except now his hair is red, which looked incredibly good on him.

 

I shook my head to rid myself of these thoughts. Stop! You have a boyfriend, Sun Hee. Stop thinking about Seyong like that! I mentally scolded myself.

 

He turned to face me and gave me a small smile, “Hey, Sun Hee. Haven't talked to you in a while.” He gave me a another award winning smile and I swear my heart skipped a beat.

 

Please tell me these seats aren't permanent, please-

 

“These are your seats until further notice. They'll most likely be your seats for the rest of the year, so be friendly to your seat partner.” Mr. Choi announced.

 

I put my head down on my desk and groaned. This was going to one long year.


Niel's POV

I was walking home from school when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

 

To: Niel hyung

From: Ricky

Niel hyung~ I need help with homework! Can you help me?

 

I chuckled, Ricky was always asking for help. Can't he ever do his homework by himself? I texted him back.

 

To: Ricky

From: Niel

Sure, I'll helped.

 

Immediately, he replied.

 

To: Niel hyung

From: Ricky

Can I come over then? ^_^

 

I hesitated to reply as I opened the door to the apartment I shared with my grandmother.

 

To: Ricky

From: Niel

I don't think that's such a good idea...

 

To: Niel hyung

From: Ricky

Why not? We never go over to your house. I wanna see how big it is!^^

 

I looked around my dirty apartment, one that was pretty small.

 

I shook my head and sent Ricky another text.

 

To: Ricky

From: Niel 

How about I just come over? My parents just cleaned and they don't want people coming over. Maybe next time?

 

 

I pressed send and scoffed. If only I had parents.

 

I got another text from Ricky within seconds.

 

To: Niel Hyung

From: Ricky

Alrighty^^ Come over!

 

I slid his phone back into my pocket and went into my grandma's room, “Grandma?” I called, looking in to the room to see her watching tv, “I'm going over to a friend's house, okay? I'll probably be back after dinner. You shouldn't wait up for me.”

 

My grandma nodded and smiled at me, “Alright, be sage. And don't stay too late. You still have school tomorrow.”

 

“Yes ma'am.” I said, getting ready to leave again.

 

“Before you go, I want to ask you this.” I looked back at her, “Is school alright? I know you've been there since you were a freshman, but is it okay? Are you making friends? You never bring your friends over. I want to meet them sometimes, too.”

 

I nodded, “Yes, Grandma. The school's good. I'm making friends, and Grandma, I'd love for you to meet them, but this apartment is too small. Maybe next time.”

 

Just as I turned to leave again, she called me back, “Just remember, don't be doing anything stupid. Get good grades, be respectful, all that, you know? The school is giving you a full scholarship and they could take it away at any moment.”

 

I just nodded, “Yes ma'am. I'll be good, I'll keep the scholarship.”


Sooyoung's POV

“Sooyoung, I need help.”

 

I raised an eyebrow, even though the person on the other line couldn't see me, “Um,”

 

“Sooyoung, this isn't a time to act stupid!”

 

I took the phone off my ear and looked at the caller id, “Oh, I didn't know it was you, Da Eun. What's up?”

 

“I saw something I shouldn't have and I don't know what I should do.” She sounded panicked.

 

I laughed, “Did you see Chunji's collection or something? I got scarred too, don't worry.”

 

“STOP MAKING JOKES! THIS IS SERIOUS!” She yelled through the phone.

 

“Oww! If you're going to keep yelling, I'm gonna hang up. I don't think my eardrum can take it anymore.” I said.

 

Da Eun sighed exasperatedly, “I'm sorry, but I need help. I saw something that I shouldn't have and now I don't know what I should do! Help me!”

 

“I can't help you if I don't know what you saw. You're going to have to elaborate...”

 

“Um, I don't know if I should...” She muttered.

 

I rolled my eyes, “Then I'm going to be of no help, so goodbye~”

 

“Wait! I'll tell you, but you have to swear not to tell anyone, and I mean it. No one can find out. That includes Hana too.”

 

I raised my eyebrows, “Woah, it's that serious?” Da Eun knew me too well. She knew that when people tell me not to tell anyone, it automatically doesn't include Hana, but if I wasn't allowed to tell Hana then this must be huge gossip, “Alright, you gotta spill.” I said excitedly.

 

Da Eun hesitated, but finally said, “I saw Mina with a guy.”

 

Well that didn't live up to its expectations, “Um, you do know it's normal for her to be with guys right?”

 

“But it wasn't L.Joe.”

 

My jaw dropped, but then I remembered what Mina had told me earlier and I started laughing.

 

“What? Why are you laughing?!” Da Eun shrieked.

 

“Oh, Da Eun. You are too innocent. That's her cousin.” I said.

 

“Um, I don't think it was her cousin.” She mumbled.

 

“No, it really is. I asked Mina to hang out today but she said her cousin was coming and she had to spend the day with him.” I explained, laughing it off.

 

“That wasn't her cousin!” Da Eun argued, “They were super close to each other!”

 

“Uh, so what? People are always like that.” I reasoned.

 

“They were hugging and holding hands!” Da Eun said, arguing with me again. I sighed, she just couldn't accept the fact that she was wrong, could she.

 

“So? Relatives can do that. Have you seen Chaejin and Cho Hee? He still holds her hand whenever they cross the street, and they hug all the time. Really Da Eun, it was just her cousin. Just accept the fact that you were wrong and that-”

 

She cut me off and screamed, “IT WASN'T HER COUSIN BECAUSE I KNOW WHO THE GUY IS!”

 

I would have complained about Da Eun's yelling, if only I wasn't so confused, “What are you talking about?”

 

I heard Da Eun sigh loudly, “It wasn't her cousin because I know who the guy was. I know who he was and Mina was freaking making out with him. I'm pretty sure cousins don't do that. She was cheating on L.Joe, Sooyoung.”

 

I hesitated before asking, “Who was the guy?”

 

And that's when Da Eun got silent, “Um, I don't think I should tell you...”

 

“Da Eun-” I said in a warning tone.

 

“Sooyoung, I really don't think its a good idea to tell you...”

 

“Tell me who the ing guy is.”

 

There was silence on the other line and I really thought she had hung up on me, until she said, “It was Insoo.”


A/N: I updated~ Yay^^ Ahaha, anyway, I don't have much to say...

Oh wait, I have a question and I need your opinion.

Should this story be rated? I already marked it rated, but I don't know if I should keep it rated... There's not going to be any or anything like that and the only reason I marked it rated in the first place was because of language, but I don't even use a lot of strong language...

So can someone help me figure this out? LOL, sorry, just I wanna know if I should keep it rated or not. Thanks to anyone who will reply!

I decided to unrate it... So, yeah. LOL.

And thanks for reading<33

Comment and subscribe!