Chapter 4

Drama High

Hana's POV

 

“Okay, repeat after me!” Miss Choi said then showed us a singing exercise. We repeated after her.

 

She smiled brightly, “Great, class!” She clapped her hands and looked through her pile of music before pulling out one.

 

Miss Choi was young, very young. That's why we all loved her. She was 27, pretty young for a teacher, and a pretty woman, making her a favorite among the boys. She was fresh out of school, letting her understand students more than other teachers. Making her one of my favorite teachers.

 

Personally, I don't even know why I was in this class. It's not like I enjoyed singing or was any good at it. I was okay, though. Sooyoung, Chunji, and Niel, though, were amazing. The three of them were also in this class. Since me and Sooyoung were a soprano, our section was right next to the boys'. But since Sooyoung was taller than me, she was on the second row, all the way to the left, while I was on the first row, all the way to the right. One perk of my seat was that I was right next to the boys' section. And Chunji just so happened to have the seat next to mine.

 

Miss Choi called the boys who were a part of the small ensemble to come down and around her piano while the rest of us sat in our seats.

 

The boys eagerly crowded around the piano, Niel being one of them. Chunji wasn't a part of it, mainly because he was already a part of everything else, so Miss Choi told him to sit this one out so she could be fair to everyone.

 

As the boys started singing, Chunji leaned over and whispered, “Psst. Hana."

 

“What?”

 

“I heard something interesting today.” He said.

 

My ears perked up. Chunji's gossip was always good. I leaned closer, “Ooh. New gossip? Tell me!”

 

He looked around cautiously and over dramatically, making sure that no one was eaves dropping. “You have to promise not to tell anyone, alright?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Chunji, do I ever tell?”

 

“Just promise me!” He held out his pinky waiting for mine to wrap around his. Even though we were way to old to be doing this, we still did.

 

I locked my pinky with his, “Alright, tell me.”

 

“Okay, well, you know how L.Joe and Mina have been going out for a while?” Chunji asked.

 

I nodded slowly. I hated hearing gossip about them. It was always the same, 'L.Joe's taking Mina on a surprise date' or 'He's doing something sweet for her'.

 

Now that I think about it, it's always him doing something for her. It's never the other way around.

 

“Well, he's finally going to do it.” Chunji said, flashing a grin.

 

My eyes widened, “D-do it, as in like-”

 

Chunji chuckled and cut me off, “Get your mind out of the gutter, Hana. L.Joe's a loser. He'll still be a when he gets married.”

 

I narrowed my eyes at him. What's wrong with being a ? “I'm still a .”

 

He laughed quietly again, “Yeah, but you're too cute not to be. But, if you have a problem with being a , I'll gladly fix that problem for you.” Chunji wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

 

I punched him playfully, “In your dream, Lee Chanhee.” I said, using his real name to . “Now tell me, what's he gonna do?”

 

“He's going to say it.” Chunji whispered, still not telling me the whole thing.

 

I sighed, “Chanhee, I swear if you don't tell me, I'm going to tell your mother what you really do when you say you're 'going to study'.” I threatened, though I would never actually do it. His mother would flip is she found out her precious Chanhee was going out partying when he's supposed to be studying.

 

“Okay, okay. L.Joe's telling Mina he loves her Friday afternoon.” He finally said, leaning back and smirking. “Finally.”

 

I didn't know what to say. So I just stayed silent and though. Is he really going to say it to her?

 

I mean, I was happy for him, of course I was. This was, like, his first real relationship. I'm just kinda sad that I'm not the one he's saying it to.

 

Chunji must've noticed my expression because his eyes softened and he said, “Aww, Hana, don't tell me you're still not over him...”

 

I nodded, “Of course I am...” I said sadly. I remembered the last few weeks of our junior year.

--

Today was it. The day that L.Joe asks the girl to be his girlfriend. There had been a rumor going around and it was confirmed by Chunji's big mouth, though who the girl was, was never revealed. Everyone had been telling me that it's me. I hope it was. I really, really liked him. I mean, why else would he keep it from me and the others if it wasn't me, right? I've been his best friend since forever, why would he not tell me who it is unless it was me?

 

I was excited, of course I was. I had liked L.Joe since March, and it's already May. I had told no one except my girls, excluding Mina, since she was new to the group. Mina did find out though, but it doesn't even matter since he was going to ask me out!

 

Do I look okay?” I asked for the millionth time.

 

The girls nodded. I had dressed up a bit, instead of the usual uniform we had to wear, today the school allowed a casual day. Perfect too, since I got to wear my pretty skirt. I had put on more make up than usual and did my hair.

 

You look perfect.” Da Eun said, reassuring me with a smile.

 

Totally, I mean, he was already likes you, so what's the point of dressing up?” Sooyoung asked me.

 

I shrugged and blushed. I just wanted to look nice.

 

All around me students were waiting for the moment it would happen. When Teen Top comes and L.Joe asks me to be his girlfriend.

 

Three nerve wracking minutes later and they finally came.

 

They were walking towards the girls, smiles on their handsome faces. L.Joe, of course, was front and center. He was holding a bouquet of flowers and wearing a friendly, but nervous smile.

 

The moment came and L.Joe walked closer and as I stepped forward to greet him with a hug, like I always did, he walked right past me and stopped right in front of Mina.

 

Everyone was shocked, no one had seen that coming. Not even the boys. L.Joe hadn't even told them who he was planning on asking out. I guess like everyone else did, they just assumed it would be me.

 

I looked at Mina, who bore a surprised expression.

 

Was L.Joe really asking her?

 

L.Joe smiled at her and held out his bouquet, “Mina, I really like you a lot. Will you be my girlfriend?

 

I expected her to say no. She knew I liked him. She had never shown any interest in him before. So why would she say yes? She wouldn't betray me like that, right? Especially since we were close friends.

 

Mina gave him a small smile, took the flowers and said, “Yes.”

--

“I know that look." Chunji said, pulling me out of my day dream, "You aren't over him yet. Hana, it's been four months. We all really thought it would be you, but it wasn't. No one knew it was Mina. But you really need to get over him. It's our senior year! Time for a fresh new start!”

 

I nodded. He was right. I really needed to get over it.

 

I didn't have much time to think about it though, Miss Choi called us girls to come down and sing.

 


L.Joe's POV

 

I'm surprised Mina didn't know yet. I had told everyone, well except for Mina, of course. I'm surprised everyone kept their mouth shut.

 

It's finally Friday. Thank god, the week had been passing by so slowly.

 

I was nervous,of course I was. It was my first time telling a girl I loved her. Hana doesn't count. And I only told Hana that when we were kids and were just joking around.

 

It was the last period of the day. I had this class with Chunji and Hana. I was staring at the clock, hoping it would hurry up and ring. The clock just ticked by slowly. My hand was nervously shaking in my pocket. I was the angel necklace I had planned to give her.

 

“Dude, chill. No matter how much you glare at the clock it's not going to ring any quicker.” Chunji said, trying to calm me down.

 

I ignored him and looked at Hana. She was unusually quiet today. Actually, this whole week she has been quiet. I wonder why. “Hey, Hana, you okay?”

 

She gave me a small smile, “Yeah, I'm fine.”

 

Chunji gave her a look and she turned away from him. I wonder what that was all about.

 

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the bell rang. I stood up from my seat, grabbed my books and was the first one out the door.

 

I pulled out my phone and texted Mina.

 

To: My Angel<3

From: L.Joe

Hey Angel, how was class? Meet me at the front gates, okay?

 

I received a reply almost immediately.

 

To: L.Joe

From: Mina

Sorry babe. I went home early. Wasn't feeling too well. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?

 

My smile dropped and I stopped in the middle of the hallway re-reading Mina's text, making sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

 

Chunji walked up to me and looked over my shoulder to read the text. He read it and frowned, “Hey, it's alright. She's just sick. She can't help that. Just tell her tomorrow.”

 

I nodded, though I couldn't help but be disappointed.

 

I texted her back.

 

To: My Angel<3

From: L.Joe

I hope you feel better, angel. Don't stay up too late, don't get sick! See you tomorrow.

 

I hope she feels better. She must've been really sick if she went home.

 

“Come one, we're all meeting at Hana's. Let's go.” Chunji said, pulling on my jacket.

 

I reluctantly nodded and followed him. The neglected angel necklace was still in my pocket when it should have been around Mina's neck.

 


Mina's POV

 

I put my phone away after I got his text and turned my attention back to the gorgeous guy in front of me.

 

“Who was that?” He asked, pulling me onto his lap.

 

I giggled, “Just L.Joe.” I said.

 

He looked at me, “Him again? Babe, why don't you just break up with him and just date me?”

 

“He's popular at our school. If he makes me popular, then whatever.” I replied.

 

He pouted, “I'm popular! I went to your high school. The kids there know who I am, or they should at least!”

 

I snorted, “Yeah, you're popular in your college. No one knows who you are in my high school, and they don't care, either. You wouldn't make me any more popular.” I said.

 

He smirked, “Yeah? I'm sure that L.Joe kid can't do this.” He said as he pulled me on the bed, kissing me.

 

I giggled again, “Insoo, stop!”


A/N: I reached 100 subscribers, so I updated! Hooray! I know 100 isn't a lot, but it means a lot to me, so yay for that! Haha. Anyway, the first MYNAME character is introduced! The others will be in the story soon, so don't worry.

So, don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Oh, and I hope the POV changes doesn't confuse anyone!

On unrelated news, I've been watching MBLAQ's Sesame Player and it's so funny. I was, like, dying of laughter earlier when I was watching it.

Okay, well, I hope you all have a wonderful day, thanks for reading!