Chapter 3

Drama High

Sooyoung's POV

 

It was lunch time, the girls and I were sitting at our usual table, the one right beside the big window. We were waiting for the boys to get their lunch. As we chatted amongst ourselves, the boys appeared one by one and took a seat at the table.

 

Chunji was the last to arrive. I looked up at him, expecting his stupid smirk or grin he always had on his face, but I was surprised when I saw a scowl on his face.

 

“Today is really not my day. First, L.Joe pushed me out of my chair, which, by the way hurt a lot.” He sent a glare at L.Joe who was holding in a laugh. “But of course I got yelled at for it. Then, Mr. Do gives me a detention for indecent exposure, whatever the hell that means. Apparently, my pants were ripped. I've been walking around in ripped pants all day! And just as I return from the office to get a new pair of pants, I go to get my food and they tell me that they're out of food. What cafeteria doens't have food, like, are you kidding me? So I'm stuck having this for lunch.” He slammed his tray down. I saw that the only thing on his tray was a water bottle and a small sandwich. Definitely not enough for a boy like Chunji.

 

Everyone at the table was trying hard not to laugh. I know I was. But you all know me, I can't help it. I was the first to crack and started busted out laughing. “That is so funny!” I said between laughs. “The perfect Chunji having a bad day?” I said, faking my concern. “Aww, poor Chunji. Maybe you should have one of your fangirls help you.” I was still laughing. That made everyone start giggling, even normally quiet Niel and Da Eun were laughing at Chunji's misfortune.

 

Oh, ha ha. Laugh it up.” He then turned to me. “If you weren't a girl, I'd beat you up. Actually, I would still probably punch you if you were a girl, but you're just so damn hot!” He said smirking. He grabbed his water bottle and took a sip of it. I stomped on his feet, (ha! Maybe he shouldn't have sat in front of me) making him spill his water all over his pants. “Aw, . God, I take it all back! You're just a !” He shouted. I rolled my eyes, he was so dramatic. He stood up and tried to wipe the spot to no avail. It looked like he had wet himself. “Great,” He muttered, “I wonder what the nurse if going to think when I have to ask for another pair of pants.”

 

I started laughing again, but the others were just chuckling slightly or smiling. Unlike me, I could tell that they actually felt bad for him.

 

Everyone returned to their conversations. L.Joe and Changjo were having a heated discussion on which sport was better: soccer or basketball. Niel, Cho Hee, and Ricky were talking about their history teacher and how hard his tests were (believe me, I had him when I was a sophomore. His class was super hard, even Da Eun, who normally aced tests even without studying, had a hard time in his class when she took it last year.) Cap was silently eating his lunch and every now and then helping Sun Hee with her homework. Mina, Hana, and I were listening in on L.Joe and Changjo's argument, adding our input every so often.

 

There's something you should know first. L.Joe loves soccer. No, like he legit loves it. More than a normal person should love a sport. Sometimes I even think he likes soccer more than his girlfriend, Mina, but whatever. If you say something bad about soccer than you will feel the wrath of L.Joe. Changjo also loved his sport. Except his sport was basketball. He was just as crazy about it as L.Joe was about soccer. Every now and then those two will get into what they call heated discussions. I call them arguments. That's what they were doing now.

 

Changjo said, “Basketball is the more dominant sport. More people like basketball, just admit it, hyung.”

 

L.Joe just wouldn't give up though, “Obviously not. Do you see a World Cup for basketball? I didn't think so. There is a World Cup for soccer though.” He smirked, thinking he had won.

 

There's another thing you should know about Changjo. He's just as stubborn as L.Joe, “Hmph. You're just saying that because you're too short to play basketball!” Changjo stuck his tongue out immaturely, proving that he was truly the maknae.

 

L.Joe rolled his eyes. Changjo played the height card every time, so he was used to them. “See? You can't even think of a good point because you know I'm right!”

 

Mina butted in their conversation. “Actually, I kinda agree with Changjo. I think basketball is the more dominant sport.” Changjo smirked.

 

L.Joe stared at her with a 'What the hell?' expression on his face. So did Hana and I.

 

Mina, really? What did you just do? You know how defensive L.Joe gets. Considering that he's your boyfriend, the least you could do is agree with him. No matter what you're real opinion is, just nod and agree. It'll make things so much easier. Plus it gives them an ego boost. And L.Joe needs one, well, actually, no, he doesn't. But whatever. He needs someone on his side.

 

I heard Hana sigh. I guess she was thinking the same thing I was, because she said, “I agree with L.Joe. Soccer's better than basketball.”

 

L.Joe smirked and Changjo pouted, “Noona,” He whined, “You're supposed to be on my side!”

 

Hana shrugged, laughing, “Sorry Changjo. You have Mina on your side.”

 

See? This is why I like Hana better than everyone else. She knows that you always agree with a guy, no matter how wrong they are. Especially when it's about sports. That's why she's my best friend.” He winked at her, catching her little lie.

 

She blushed. I sighed. She still had a crush on him. No matter how many times she denies it, I know that she does. Even though L.Joe was dating Mina, she still likes him. I should really talk to her about that.

 

L.Joe really didn't know when to stop talking though, and he just continued, “I know you hate sports, Hana. I know you just agree to get us to stop talking.” He laughed. “I wonder why you're a cheerleader if you hate sports so much. But I guess that's why you've been my friend all theses years. You and all of your quirks.” He laughed again.

 

I took a peak at Hana, her smile got smaller as he said the word friend. Great, L.Joe. Why can't you learn when to stop talking?

 

I got interrupted from my thoughts when a pair of girls came up to our table and one of them slammed their hands on the table, earning everyone's attention. Who the hell do these girls think they are?

 

Which one of you messed with our oppa?” One of them bravely said, the girl behind her nodded.

 

Uh, who are you guys?” Cap said, scratching his head in confusion.

 

I'm Nara and she's Jieun. You must've heard about us before.” Nara said confidently.

 

The names didn't ring a bell in anyone's heads. Well, apparently it did for Mina because she raised an eyebrow at them and said, “Oh, I know you guys!” They smiled in satisfaction. But the next thing Mina said knocked the smiles off their faces. “You were the girls that the football team said had tried to them. Too bad they turned you down, right?”

 

Everyone widened their eyes. I was just stifling my laughter. You gotta admit, Mina can be pretty vicious when she wants to be. I looked at L.Joe. He looked a little peeved and had his eyes narrowed. Well, I guess that's from Mina saying she talked to the football team. I mean, that'd be like if I had a boyfriend and he said he talked to the cheerleading team (no offense to Hana and Cho Hee, I'm definitely not talking about them when I say this, but some of the girls aren't really innocent). I would definitely get pissed off too.

 

Jieun rolled her eyes, “Ugh, whatever. We want to know who messed with our oppa.”

 

Sorry, but uh, who's your oppa again?” Ricky asked.

 

Nara sighed exasperatedly, “Chunji oppa, of course! Who else? I repeat, who made him angry?”

 

Jieun got in Cho Hee's face, “Was it you, sophomore?” Cho Hee backed away, she hated conflicts.

 

She's a sophomore?” Nara said in disgust. She turned to Hana. “We're seniors, and we're way better than her. Why don't you kick the sophomore out of your group and let us join.”

 

That really pissed me off, “Oh hell no.” I said, getting up and walking towards them. “No one is talking about Cho Hee like that.” I looked at Hana. She stayed in her seat. I sighed, Hana hated conflicts almost as much as Cho Hee did. I guess I'm doing this solo. I looked them up and down. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. They were wearing the uniform, but made it look ty. “You all have cute faces, it's a shame they're wasted on the two of you. This is a school, not a club. Pull your skirt down and buttom up your shirt. No one wants to see any of that.” I made another face and sat back down in my seat.

 

To my left I saw Mina hastily button her shirt up and pull her skirt down more. I guess I embarrassed her as well as the girls. Oops, sorry, Mina. Maybe you shouldn't have dressed like that in the first place.

 

The two girls turned to L.Joe. “Oppa,” They whined, “Tell her to stop being so mean.” They clung onto his arm, begging him to do something.

 

I saw him send a panicked look to Hana. I could tell what he meant. It was clear as day. 'Get these girls off of me!' was what his expression said.

 

Hana stayed frozen though, not knowing what to do herself.

 

I sighed, was I really going to have to fight this battle myself?

 

Thank god Mina finally found the urge to speak again. “Alright, first off, who do you think you are? Coming here and ruining our lunch time? Second, that's my boyfriend you're clinging on to. So get off. Finally, we don't just 'accept' people. Especially not es like you.”

 

By now Mina and Nara were nose to nose. It looked as if a fight was going to break out if it hadn't been for Chunji's perfect timing.

 

Uh, what's going on here?” He slowed down as he reached the table.

 

Nara and Jieun exhaled in relief (probably because if Chunji was even a second later Mina and I would have beat them up) and ran to his side. “Oppa! These people were so mean to us! They're horrible! Especially them two!” Nara pointed to me and Mina. Seriously? Mina and I would've pounced on her, if only Da Eun and L.Joe weren't holding us back.

 

Yeah!” Jieun agreed, “We were just wanting to know who made you upset. You should do something to them!”

 

Chunji shook both of them off with a frown. “Uh, sorry? Who are you again? These are all my friends. I'm not doing anything to them.”

 

He left their side and came next to me. He put and arm around my waist. What the hell was he doing?! “Besides, the horrible girl you were talking about is my girlfriend. And the other horrible girl is my best friend's girlfriend.” He tightened his hold on my waist. My eyes widened at what he just said. So did everyone else's eyes.

 

The two girl huffed and stalked off, muttering, “Did you see the so called leader? She couldn't even stand up to us. Had to have the two es do it for her. She has no backbone at all.”

 

When the attention was no longer on us, I pushed Chunji off of me. “What the hell is wrong with you?!”

 

He smirked, “Hey! I took one for the team! They still would be arguing with us if I didn't do that. So you all should thank me.”

 

Where would we be without you?” I said sarcastically.

 

Hana was still just sitting there, as if she was deep in thought. L.Joe waved a hand over her face, “Hello? You there, Hana?”

 

She snapped out of it and blushed, “Oh, sorry, I was just thinking...”

 

About what?” Changjo asked, sipping on his drink.

 

The girls, did none of you hear what they said about me?” She asked. Whatever they said must've been harsh. Hana was looking quite upset over it.

 

No, what did they say?” Niel asked.

 

They said that I just sat here doing nothing and let the two-” She coughed, not wanting to say anything bad about any of us and for lack of a better word said, “Two, uh, you know, do everything for me. They said I had no backbone.”

 

What? She called me a ?!” I said, furious? How come I had not heard it?

 

Chunji looked at me confused, “I call you a all the time, what's the difference?”

 

Because she loves you, duh!” Changjo said jokingly.

 

I rolled my eyes, “Because I've gotten used to you. Besides I call you many different things too, but if someone else called you that, you'd kill them, see my point?”

 

Da Eun ignored our conversation and was rubbing Hana's back trying to make her feel better. “Aww, don't listen to them, Hana.”

 

But I'm the oldest out of the girls! I should be the one standing up for you guys and protecting you all! I should have stopped them when they got up in Cho Hee's face. I should have stood up for her.

 

Cho Hee smiled at her, “Hana-ah, don't be upset. You do enough for me as it is. No need to do any more. Besides, I have Mina and Sooyoung coming to my rescue.”

 

Hana sighed again, it was clear she was still upset, “Maybe they're right. Maybe I am useless. I was sitting here like a rock, I couldn't even move. That's how frozen I was.

 

Sun Hee smiled comfortingly at her, “Hana you're just too nice to yell at people.”

 

Chunji nodded, “Yeah, you're too nice. There's no way you'd be able to stand up to other girls.” Hana frowned and I smacked him on the arm. “Ow! What?!”

 

You're so stupid! You're making things worse!” I hissed.

 

Chunji smiled sheepishly, "Sorry,” He apologized, “Besides, you're not totally back-boneless. I wouldn't have kept you around all these years if all you did was sit around." He winked at her, which made her crack a small smile.

 

L.Joe looked at her, "Don't get so worked up over it. Didn't you see us? We were frozen too! Jesus, we haven't been in a fight since what? Freshman year when it was just me, you, Cap, Chunji, and Sooyoung? Right? When Sooyoung pissed off those girls?" Us seniors laughed, excluding Hana who just smiled. I remember that. I had peeved off some girls and they threatened to beat me up. Of course it was just all talk. "Ah, jeez. We're too nice. No wonder we all froze up! We haven't been in a fight since freshman year!" L.Joe said, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

We laughed, this time including Hana.

 

Oh, thanks for making me feel better, guys. I'd be totally lost without you all!” Hana said.

 

Niel laughed as he suddenly thought of something, “What are you going to do next year when we're still in high school and you're in college by yourself?”

 

Hana's eyes widened. “Oh my god! I haven't even thought of that! I'd be with one of them, right?” She looked at all of us seniors, all of us trying to keep our laughter in.

 

I don't know. It'll be highly unlikely if we all get into the same college.” Cap said laughing.

 

Hana panicked again, “B-but, At least one of you will be with me, right?”

 

No one answered her, “You guys! This isn't funny!” She whined, earning a laugh from the table.

 

Calm down, Hana. We'll see.” L.Joe said, shaking his head and trying not to laugh at her.

 

I could tell she was about to complain again but the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch and cutting her off.

 

We said our goodbyes and headed off in different direction for our classes.

 

Hana hooked her arm through mine and we walked to our next class together.


A/N: I felt the need to update this. This story is making me write it. LOL. Anyway, thanks to my subscribers and the people who commented. I <3 you all! Anyway, this was like, a really long chapter. It's over 2,500 words! Lol. Anyway, thanks again for reading! I don't know when the next time I'll update is, but I'll try!