Shutdown

Coffee Princess
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Shutdown[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Mir, Chanhyo, and Seungho meandered into Coffee Princess just as Haru was taking care of customers as she rung them up as there was a line building up.

 

“Aish,” Chanhyo sighed just as she sauntered to the back counter gazing at Haru. “You were working alone today?”

 

“I had Yerin help me out, but she heard Lin crying so she went back there.” Haru responded as she continued ringing up customers. Mir and Seungho were off to the side as fans noticed them—they were nice to sign autographs and take photos per request.

 

“Is she okay?”

 

“I don’t think so,” Haru replied softly. “They’ve been back there for hours.”

 

“That doesn’t sound good.” Chanhyo murmured as she averted her eyes towards the back room. She was absolutely worried for her best friend, but there was nothing she can do at this moment since it was semi busy in the front.

--

 

Lin had been in the same position for hours, not moving or anything. She felt lifeless and had no emotions. She was absolutely numb. She had nothing to say and planned on not speaking at all, shutting herself completely down from the world—including the people that loved and cared for her.

 

“Lin,” Yerin cleared —still not having an idea of what happened since she’s been taking care of her friend. “Are you not going to tell me what’s going on?” Lin kept silent as her head shifted downwards staring at the ground. Yerin shook her head slowly; unsure of what to do or say at this point. She tried everything she could as a friend and therapist.

--

 

“I’m sorry guys, but I’ve really got to help a friend out.” Seungho spoke up as he peered at each and every fan that he signed and took photos with. Mir shook his head in agreement as he bowed.

 

“But oppa,” a fan whined. Seungho stared at her with his most fearsome glance ever as she looked a bit sad; completely in shock that he would stare at her in such ways.

 

“That’s how our Yang Panda is,” another fan reassured as she chuckled.

 

Mir and Seungho bowed once again as they meandered to the back counter.

 

“I’ll help you out here while you go check on your friend,” Mir smiled as he gazed at Chanhyo longingly.

 

“You’re the best!” Chanhyo commented as she smiled, ambling to the back room as Seungho followed close behind. When they entered the back room, they found Yerin kneeling next to Lin who lied on the floor; not budging, pretty much emotionless. Maybe she had no more tears to cry.

 

“Oh god,” Chanhyo uttered as she slid down next to her best friend and picked her up and placed her on her lap. “Unnie, speak to me!”

 

“She’s won’t talk, not even with me.” Yerin sighed as she rose up from her position. She stared at Seungho and bowed in respect as Seungho returned it.

 

“She’s probably in shock?” Seungho suggested as he gazed at Lin—worrisome perched on his flawless skin.

 

“She’s not telling me, so I’ve got no idea what could have caused this.”

 

“You mean you didn’t see it?” Seungho inquired as he narrowed his eyebrows. Yerin nodded her head no; he immediately whipped out his cell phone and unlocked it, suddenly pulling up the article and handing his phone to the lovely therapist who looked lost. Yerin procured Seungho’s phone and began skimming through the article; mouth agape as she read with her eyes widen. She couldn’t believe the truth was found and wrote in such a way.

 

“That explains why she’s like this and why she reacted the way she did,” Yerin replied; shaking her head in disappointment with the article.

 

“UNNIE!” Chanhyo cried out. “You can’t shutdown on me now. You just can’t,” Lin remained silent; continuing to stare at the ground. Chanhyo gazed up at Yerin. “Unnie, what do you suggest we do?”

 

“The best thing to do is probably just to take her home,” Yerin sighed. “I don’t have enough strength to carry her though.”

 

“Neither do I,” Chanhyo murmured; suddenly shifting her eyes towards Seungho looking very hopeful.

 

“Are you insisting that I carry her or something?” Seungho chuckled.

 

“Oppa,” Chanhyo whined as she began to bat her eyelashes at Seungho. “Please carry her and bring her to the car!”

 

“Wait!” Yerin halted, something suddenly hitting her. “What about when we get to the house? How are we going to get her out if she’s not going to cooperate?”

 

“Ah, you’re right.” Chanhyo sighed slightly, still looking at Seungho. “So oppa, can you do us ladies a favor?”

 

“It’ll cost you.” Seungho teased.

 

“But you’ll do it?”

 

“Yeah, how about I just take her back in my car?” Seungho suggested.

 

“Perfect! We’ll meet you there!” Yerin clarified.

 

Seungho ambled close to Lin who held on tightly to her best friend, Chanhyo, without saying a word. How was he going to carry her out to his car and get her home if she didn’t want to budge?

 

“Unnie, you’ve got to let go so Seungho oppa can take you home.” Chanhyo insisted as she tried to pry Lin away. She grasped on more tightly than before as she continued to gaze at the tiled floor.

 

“You’re really stubborn, aren’t you?” Seungho inquired as he crossed his arm while he gazed at Lin who didn’t respond. However, she averted her eyes towards him, of course with her sunglasses on; she glared at him with the most fearsome glare. Not that he could see anyway.

 

“Lin, please let go of Chanhyo or we’ll have to pick you up forcefully and I can promise you won’t like that,” Yerin confirmed as she spoke sternly; her arms crossed in a professional manner. Lin sighed heavily, but still held onto her best friend.

 

“That’s fine if you don’t want to go home,” Seungho spoke with authority in his tone of voice as he gazed at Lin. “We can just go and leave you here all by yourself, you know,”

 

“That’s mean, oppa! You can’t leave my Unnie here!” Chanhyo whined. Seungho chortled as he peered at her.

 

“We can leave you here, too.” Seungho teased with his arms crossed across his chest.

 

“I can leave with Cheolyongie~” Chanhyo chirped as she stuck her tongue out as she stared at the Panda man. Seungho suddenly burst into loud rambunctious laughter.

 

“You realize that I drove here, right? You can walk with him, if you want to.”

 

Yerin laughed at their banter

Please log in to read the full chapter