Better together

Coffee Princess
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Better together[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Lin didn’t sleep one wink at all last night and it was suddenly morning. She sat on the comfy couch looking out the window at the nice view of the lake as the sun was rising up in the sky. Her brother, Dong-wook, has yet to even arrive home from his rehearsal from his musical. She knew it; her brother was too busy to hang out with her. She abruptly had a feeling that he didn’t love her anymore because he chooses work over her; swiftly sighing heavily as tears formed in her eyes. She slowly let them roll down her face as she began to think about the past. It weighed a lot on her heart.

 

“Oppa is home,” Dong-wook said as he stepped into the house closing the door behind him. He meandered into the living room as he placed his belongings on the carpet along the couch. Lin was still in the clothes she was in yesterday; her shawl still wrapped around her head, sunglasses on since the sun was shining into the house. “You’re dressed to go out already?”

 

“No,” Lin replied softly. “I was waiting all night for you to see if you’d even come home.”

 

“Gina didn’t tell you that I was coming home late?” Dong-wook sighed as he sat beside his younger sister, putting his arms around her, rubbing at the side of her arm.

 

“She did,” Lin spoke up; her voice getting a bit higher. “I just didn’t think you’d actually come home since you always choose work over me.”

 

“That’s not true,” Dong-wook defended himself.

 

“It’s very much true, oppa. Do you know why I asked for you to send me away to Germany?” Lin inquired as her voice got hoarse. She was feeling a bit emotional.

 

“You wanted to get better from your PTSD?”

 

“Yes, but that’s not it.” Lin spoke as tears formed in her eyes again. “I wanted to go there was because you were always working, so I begged you to let me go. And because Yerin thought it’d be a good time to get away to think freely away from Seoul.”

 

“I didn’t know,” Dong-wook murmured; tears forming in his eyes as it slowly began to flow down. “Oppa is sorry, forever sorry for neglecting you. Today, I’m going to take the whole day off and hang out with you. I promise,”

 

“Do you pinky promise?” Lin questioned as she lifted up her sunglasses and placed it on top of her head and faced her caring and loving older brother.

 

“Pinky promise,” Dong-wook replied and hooked up pinkies with his sister as they both genuinely smiled at one another. This was the first time in a long time that he had seen his sister’s eyes; they were so big, doll like even. “I forgot how big your eyes truly were. Show them off more instead of behind those sunglasses of yours,”

 

“I’ll think about it,” Lin chuckled.

 

“Silly goose,” Her brother smirked as he placed a kiss to her forehead. “Now let’s go take a short nap and then we can go have breakfast and do whatever else you want to do afterwards.”

 

“YES!” Lin exclaimed happily. “But, aren’t you afraid of people finding out about me? Even worse, they may think we’re a couple and that you’re suddenly cheating on Gina,” Dong-wook and Lin laughed in unison.

 

“If they find out, they find out. I can’t hide you from the world any longer,” Dong-wook explained as he patted his sister on the top of her head. “Go to sleep, you’re starting to talk crazy.” He rose up from the couch as he helped Lin up. The both meandering into their own bedroom and closing their respected doors.

 

===

 

It was 10 in the morning when Lin suddenly woke up from her slumber; having to take a sleeping pill to help her fall asleep since she couldn’t sleep without it. She tried continuously but she just tossed and turned. She rose up from her bed and went into the luxurious bathroom that was inside her bedroom; her brother giving her the master. She needed it more than he did. She did her morning routine as her hair was let loose since she was in the comfort of her own bedroom with no one around, suddenly strutting into her walk in closet cheerfully as she was ecstatic about hanging out with her brother for the whole day. This hasn’t happened in forever since her brother became a famous KPOP idol; sometimes wishing that he wasn’t. But if he wasn’t, was she able to live the life that she did now with all the materialistic things she owned because of him? She rummaged through her shawls that hung on hangers, quickly grabbing one and also getting an outfit to change into. As soon as she got dressed, she wrapped her shawl around her, grabbing her sunglasses; she placed it on and sauntered out of her bedroom.

 

“Did you get to sleep?” Dong-wook asked with curiosity filled in his tone of voice as he placed his shoes on; yawning.

 

“Yep, I did after I took a sleeping pill.” Lin replied. “What about you, oppa? You look like you’re tired.”

 

“I did sleep, but only for a little, like you. But I’ll be fine. Do you mind if we stop by Coffee Princess so I can check up on them and get some coffee on the way?”

 

“Nope, I do not mind at all. I’ll even make you the coffee,” Lin offered as she smiled grabbing her purse that sat on top of the counter; wearing her shoes as both siblings sauntered out the door. Dong-wook locked the door behind them.

 

===

 

Dong-wook meandered into Coffee Princess hand in hand with Lin as there were a few customers in the café doing their own thing. Haru and Chanhyo were behind the counters cleaning up the stations while Dong-wook and Lin made their way back there.

 

“Good morning,” Haru greeted as she bowed at her boss.

“You’re not rehearsing today, Chanhy

Please log in to read the full chapter