Chapter 3

We'll Always Be Together Forever

Today is the day. Just by standing in front of the doors has already made me nervous. 'Ok Minah you can do this' I thought to myself. I registered myself at the front desk and obtain my role number for the audition. I will be one of the last people to audition.

The minute I entered the auditorium, I hear girls screaming on my left and right. "Excuse me, what's going on?" I asked the girl in front of me. "TVXQ is hear to see the audition since their member, Kim Junsu is playing the part of Dracula," she screamed in my ear. I had to cover my ears after a while since the noise started to become to loud. The auditorium finally became quiet when the director step on stage. "Greetings everyone, thank you for coming to the audition. We're looking for people to play the part of Jonathan Harker, Abraham Van Helsing, Lucy Westenra, Renfield, Arthur Holmwood, Jack Seward, Quincy Morris, Brides of Dracula and the female lead Mina Murray. I invited TVXQ to be our judges along side our conductor, producer and myself. Good luck to all of you and do the best that you can do."

I didn't realize just how many people were auditioning. Most of them were girls which I believe is due to the appearance of TVXQ. I'm nervous as it was close to my turn to audition. I hope this audition will be successful. "Jung Minah, it's your turn," one of the assistance to the director told me. I took a deep breath before walking up on stage. As I face the judges table, I immediately locked eyes with Junsu. The feeling that I had with the man of my dreams is the same feeling I'm having while staring into Junsu's eyes. Could he be the same man as the one in my dreams? We both have a shock expression and I felt like I've known him before although this is the first time I've seen him.

"Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself," the director said breaking me from my thoughts. "My name is Jung Minah. This is the first time I'm auditioning so I never had any experience," I said. "Which part are you hoping to get in this musical?" the director asked. "Truthfully I don't mind getting any part if it means I get to experience performing in a musical," I replied. The judges and TVXQ seem happy with my answer but I shouldn't keep my hopes up. "Please sing the song that you picked," the conductor asked. I cue the stagehand to start the music. The song that I picked from the musical is 'If I Had Wings.' Somehow, this song actually makes me feel that I could just spread my wings and fly. But at the same time, it makes me want to fly to the man in my dreams.

I gaze at the judges once the song ended. The director, the producer and the conductor seem impress with my singing while TVXQ had shocked faces, except for Junsu. I couldn't tell what his expression is but he seems to be reminiscing about something. "That was really good. Please take a seat and we will tell the results at the end of the auditions," the director said. I said thank you to the judges and bowed to them before walking off the stage. As I walked off the stage, I felt eyes were staring at me. I looked over my shoulder and saw TVXQ were staring at me, but it was Junsu's stare that was the most intense. Feeling a bit uncomfortable, I quickly walked to my seat to wait for the end of the audition.

Throughout the audition, Junsu kept stealing glances at me for reasons unknown. Once in a while, we accidentally locked eyes with each other but I always advert my eyes before I lost myself in his eyes. Thankfully the audition is about to end.