Our first horror movie night

XOXO

Do we really have to do this? :/

Chanyeol was not keen on Baekhyun's suggestion on how they were going to spend the night at his place. He had invited Baekhyun over to his house for a sleepover three weeks after he returned from Thailand to make up for lost time. In other words, they haven't seen each other for almost three weeks since Chanyeol had quite a lot of work to catch up on and Baekhyun was busy with his own stuff as well. Baekhyun had suggested that they watch a horror flick that night as he was a huge fan of horror movies himself. He even had the DVD ready. He knew that Chanyeol was the complete opposite as he detested horror movies. However, Baekhyun was not taking no for an answer.

Come on! Don't be such a spoilsport!

You did this on purpose, didn't you?

I've been dying to watch Annabelle! Please :'(

Chanyeol sighed before typing out a reply.

Fine. If that's what you want.

I know you won't disappoint me! You're the best, hyung! :P

>=(


Chanyeol heard his doorbell rang at about 8.30 p.m. He opened the door to find a smiling Baekhyun with two plastic bags in his hands. He let him in.

"Wow! What do you have there?" Chanyeol asked once Baekhyun was in his apartment.

"Microwaveable popcorn...potato chips...soda...cookies...more chips..." Baekhyun said as he emptied the contents of the plastic bags on the coffee table one by one. "And of course this!"

When Baekhyun said 'this', he was holding up the Annabelle DVD. The eponymous demonic doll on the front cover of the DVD freaked Chanyeol out.

"Yah! Take it away!" Chanyeol shielded his eyes with his arms.

"Okay."

By the time Chanyeol removed his arms from his eyes, Baekhyun had already popped the DVD into the player and he was already seated comfortably on the couch with a bag of chips in his hands. Chanyeol joined him on the couch seconds later.

"How scary is this movie?" Chanyeol asked.

"Not very. Oh my God! It's starting!" Baekhyun said excitedly.

The opening scene of the movie was not too graphic so it was not that scary but the sound effect was more than enough to send Chanyeol clinging onto Baekhyun, whose eyes were glued to the screen. The eerie sound effect made Chanyeol very uncomfortable but Baekhyun was not bothered. In fact, Baekhyun seemed to enjoy it even more when the sound effect came on.

"Hyung! Look! Here comes the interesting part!" Baekhyun exclaimed, munching on chips.

"Yeah..." Chanyeol said, shielding his eyes from the screen.

Baekhyun turned to look at Chanyeol and saw that he was not watching the movie. A smirk formed on Baekhyun's lips. He forced Chanyeol's hands open, just in time for Chanyeol to witness the scene where the demon shapeshifts and attacks the protagonist. Chanyeol screamed his lungs out while Baekhyun was laughing like a maniac. Once Chanyeol regained control of his own body, he took a pillow from the couch and hit Baekhyun repeatedly.

"No! No! No! Don't do that again!" Chanyeol said.

"Okay, okay! Will you just chill? This is awesome!" Baekhyun said.

"Oh man...I'm gonna have a ing nightmare tonight...ugh!" Chanyeol groaned.

"That's okay. I'm here with you. I won't let your nightmare haunt you." Baekhyun said, his eyes back on the screen.

"You know what? I'm gonna just hold on to you like this..." Chanyeol wrapped his long arms around Baekhyun's waist and buried his head on Baekhyun's side. "And let you enjoy the rest of the movie. Tell me when it's done."

"Aww...really? That's not my idea of how our movie night should be." Baekhyun pouted.

"I'm really sorry but I can't watch this any longer." Chanyeol laid on Baekhyun's lap, looking up at him.

Baekhyun sighed. So much for a horror movie night.

"I guess that's better than nothing." Baekhyun shrugged.


When the credits rolled, Baekhyun was about to tell Chanyeol but Chanyeol had already dozed off on his lap. He thought that maybe he should just let Chanyeol continue sleeping. He turned off the player and the TV with the remote control. A few minutes later, his eyes started getting heavier and he too, was on his way to LaLa land.

"No...no...NO!"

Chanyeol's scream woke Baekhyun from his slumber. Baekhyun found Chanyeol breathing heavily on the couch, his hands on his chest and the look on his face suggested that he had a nightmare. Baekhyun quickly put his arms around Chanyeol. Initially, Chanyeol jolted in surprise but when he realized that it was Baekhyun, he allowed Baekhyun to hold him.

"It's okay, hyung. I'm here." Baekhyun cooed.

"It's out to get me..." Chanyeol said, his voice shaky.

"No...nothing's out to get you...I won't let them, okay?" Baekhyun continued.

Chanyeol continued breathing heavily. When he became a little more calm, he spoke.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with his puppy eyes and laced his fingers with Baekhyun's.

"Let's go to bed now...and...don't let go of my hand and don't let go of me when we're in bed...okay? Please..." Chanyeol pleaded.

"Of course. Come on." Baekhyun smiled.

They walked to Chanyeol's bed while holding hands. As soon as Chanyeol's body touched the bed, he pulled Baekhyun into a hug. Baekhyun swept a lock of Chanyeol's hair to the side, his cheek and kissed his nose. Chanyeol began to feel more at ease and Baekhyun could tell by the look in his eyes.

"Go to sleep now. Everything will be fine in the morning, okay?" Baekhyun assured.

"Yeah...?" Chanyeol yawned.

Before Baekhyun could answer, Chanyeol was already fast asleep. Baekhyun held Chanyeol close to him and they stayed in this position until the break of dawn.


A/N: Shortest chapter yet...enjoy! And I have something new planned but that's all I'm gonna say...hehe :) As always, there's not much proofreading here so forgive me for any errors! >.<