Our first Christmas together

XOXO

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you, yeah.

"Make my wish come true..woo...all I want for Christmas is YOU!" Baekhyun emphasized the 'you' in the famous Mariah Carey holiday song when he was listening to it in his room, looking out his window at the snow that fell on this Christmas day.

Baekhyun continued looking out the window as the song came to an end. The snow and cold outside was reminiscent to his feelings at that moment. He hugged his knees close to his chest and sighed.

"All I want for Christmas is you..." he repeated.


A week ago...

"So our plan is still on during Christmas, right?" Baekhyun asked.

Baekhyun was out chilling with Chanyeol at their favorite cat cafe, hanging out with their favorite cat, Miko. Baekhyun was feeding Miko some cat food while Chanyeol was sipping on his corn tea. During the first week of December, Chanyeol had suggested to Baekhyun that they spend Christmas together with turkey, wine and a movie after they both had finished visiting their families by Christmas Eve.

"Oh about that..." Chanyeol replied rather gloomily.

The tone of Chanyeol's voice made Baekhyun look up while he was the cat. Chanyeol not only sounded gloomy, he looked gloomy too. Baekhyun started to feel a little worried. What could possibly be going on in Chanyeol's head?

"What's wrong, Chanyeol-hyung?"

"The truth is...I'm leaving to the airport...tonight." Chanyeol said, avoiding eye contact with Baekhyun.

"Airport? Where are you going?"

"Well, you see, my family is on vacation in Thailand now and they asked me to join them. They will be there for two weeks and my dad even sent me the air ticket. So...I can't possibly reject him..."

Baekhyun's heart sank when he heard that Chanyeol was leaving for Thailand. He tried his best to hide his disappointment and faked a smile to make everything look okay. But even the blind can see that Baekhyun was visibly upset upon learning the news.

"Of course you can't reject him!" Baekhyun exclaimed, grabbing Chanyeol's hand to reassure him. "They are family after all."

"But I promised -"

"Nuh-uh." Baekhyun silenced Chanyeol by placing a finger on his lips. "It's okay. You have to go on this trip. I completely understand."

"Baekhyunie," Chanyeol began, holding Baekhyun's hands. "Are you sure you aren't mad at me?"

"What? No! Where did you get such ideas? Am I such an unreasonable person?" Baekhyun faked a laugh.

"Um...well...thank you." Chanyeol said shyly.

"Thank you? What are you thanking me for?"

"For being so understanding."

"Of course! What do you take me for, huh?"

"I will totally kiss you right now but we can't so I'm gonna kiss you in private later." Chanyeol whispered in Baekhyun's ear.

Baekhyun giggled. But no matter how happy his giggle sounded, he was still upset that he would not be able to spend Christmas with his boyfriend. He resisted the urge to cry all the way until they kissed and say goodbye to each other at the airport that night. As soon as Chanyeol stepped into the departure hall, Baekhyun broke down. He couldn't stop his tears from flowing nor did he want them to stop. He just wanted to release those pent up feelings in him.


Baekhyun had been spending so much time with Chanyeol that it felt weird not hearing his voice or receiving and sending him KakaoTalk messages for days on end. It had only been a few days since he left but it felt like an eternity to Baekhyun. Whenever he thought of Chanyeol, he would take out his phone and look back at old pictures of them together. It never failed to make him smile but at the same time it had a bittersweet effect on him; on one hand, he was glad that he could still look at pictures of Chanyeol and see his ever radiant smile but on the other, it was different not having him around in person.

With Chanyeol away in Thailand, Baekhyun visited his family on December 21 and stayed on until Christmas Eve. Somehow, the idea to return to his own one-room in Seoul on Christmas day kept occuring to him throughout his stay at home. After saying goodbye to his family on Christmas morning, he left for Seoul and back to his one-room. The rest of the day was empty so to speak. Baekhyun had no plans and certainly no Chanyeol. But he felt it strongly in his heart that he should come back here and that explained why he was sitting around in his room all day as though he was expecting some miracle to happen.

"All I want for Christmas is you..." he said again, now lying on his bed but unable to sleep.

Just then, he heard a knock on his door. It was already past midnight, 2.15 a.m. to be precise. Who could it be at this hour? He got up from his bed and approached the door carefully. He unlocked the door slowly to find...Chanyeol standing right in front of him, in the flesh!

"Chanyeol-hyung?" Baekhyun couldn't quite believe it. Shouldn't Chanyeol be in Thailand now? What was happening? Was he dreaming? Baekhyun slapped himself on the face several times but Chanyeol quickly grabbed his hands before he could slap himself any further.

"It's real. It's me. I'm here." Chanyeol smiled, trying to catch his breath. In fact, he looked flustered and out of breath, as though he had just finished running a race or something.

"But...but how?"

"Let me in?"

"Oh silly me! Come on in." Baekhyun ushered Chanyeol in. As Chanyeol made himself comfortable, Baekhyun fetched him a glass of water.

"I'm sorry. I promised we will spend Christmas together but it's the 26th now." Chanyeol said after sipping some water.

"No, no, no. That's not important. What happened? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Thailand?" Baekhyun asked.

"I came back. That's what happened." Chanyeol smiled.

"Hyung! Stop fooling around! Is something wrong?" Baekhyun was starting to worry.

Chanyeol chuckled and ruffled Baekhyun's hair. While Baekhyun protested, Chanyeol pulled him into a hug.

"I miss my cute boyfie, that's what's wrong." Chanyeol said and planted a kiss on top of Baekhyun's head.

"What? You mean to say...you came back to Korea...for me?" Baekhyun was surprised.

"Who else would I come back for when all of my family is on holiday in Thailand now?"

"Hyung~ you shouldn't have..." Baekhyun started to feel bad.

"Why not?"

"I mean what about your family? Your vacation with them? They are more important than me and it's not worth just - "

Before Baekhyun could finish his sentence, Chanyeol forced a kiss on him to shut him up. Baekhyun wanted nothing but answers at that moment so he struggled to break the kiss and loosen himself from Chanyeol's grip but then again, it felt so good to have Chanyeol finally around. He allowed himself to melt into this moment. He can ask those questions later. Nothing beats the feeling he got when he felt Chanyeol's touch again. After they pulled apart, they smiled at each other. They missed each other. That was a no-brainer.

"Never ever say that you're not worth it. You're worth everything." Chanyeol said, pecking Baekhyun's lips.

For the next few minutes, they just spent some silent moments in each other's arms before Chanyeol finally spoke up.

"But...I'm sorry I have to leave in two day's time."

Baekhyun's head shot up from Chanyeol's shoulder upon hearing that. "Why?" Baekhyun asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"Actually my family doesn't know that I'm back in Korea. I told them that I would like to go out on my own for a while and visit Phuket and that I would be back in two day's time. It was so hard to get tickets back here but I managed to get it."

"Oh my God! What have you done? You lied to them?"

"I prefer to call them...lovebug syndrome." Chanyeol smirked.

Baekhyun's lips slowly curled into a smile before he burst out laughing. He thought maybe Chanyeol described it correctly. He would have done the same thing too if he were Chanyeol. And that all stemmed from one thing - they were bitten by the lovebug.

"Well...whatever it may be...I think it's not too late to say Merry Christmas." Baekhyun said.

"And a Happy New Year." Chanyeol finished.


A/N: Because the right thing to do after celebrating Chanyeol's birthday is to celebrate Christmas! :P
Hence, this Christmas chapter even though it is not Christmas yet. Anyway I hope you guys enjoy this update. This is actually based on a real-life event in my life. When a person is willing to come back all the way from some far away place just to spend time with you, isn't that just the sweetest thing EVER? :)