Our first fight and confession

XOXO

Baekhyun had been feeling particularly uneasy this past few days. It had nothing to do with the fact that he had an exam coming up nor did the situation had anything to do with him missing Chanyeol even more for some reason. But it had everything to do with him.

Baekhyun read the messages they exchanged over and over again. Two things stood out to him.

I was wrong. Please forgive me.

I wish we could be together again.

Somehow, he knew that this day would come but he did not expect it to be so soon. Why did this have to happen when his relationship with Chanyeol was going so well? He knew that he should not give it too much of a thought but that was not the way he was; Baekhyun likes to think and sometimes he thinks too much for his own good. And when he thinks too much, he acts on impulse. And this time, he acted on impulse.

At least meet with me...please...

On impulse, he typed out the following.

OK.

He knew he was getting into trouble yet he chose not to do anything about it. He felt guilty towards Chanyeol yet he chose to bury the guilt and act as if nothing ever happened.


Chanyeol had been worrying about Baekhyun. His boyfriend was not his usual self lately. Whenever they went out, Baekhyun was particularly clingy and Baekhyun did not pay much attention to him, constantly checking his phone. He did not mind Baekhyun clinging onto him but his strange behavior with his phone worried him. What was Baekhyun up to?

They were eating at a bulgogi restaurant and Baekhyun was checking his phone again. Chanyeol started to feel a little annoyed.

"Yah! Can you stop playing with your phone and start eating?" Chanyeol scolded.

Baekhyun's eyes shot up from his screen and he looked at Chanyeol worriedly, as though Chanyeol would snatch his phone out of his hands.

"S-sorry..." Baekhyun said.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked, reaching out to touch Baekhyun's hand but Baekhyun retracted his hand. It was more cause for concern for Chanyeol.

"Yeah...don't worry. Let's eat." Baekhyun faked a smile.

Chanyeol decided to let it slide this time and they continued eating. However, for the entire time they were eating, Baekhyun was busy with his phone. Chanyeol was tempted to probe him further but figured it was not the right time to do it. As they finished eating, they left the restaurant and Chanyeol drove Baekhyun home in silence.


Hey over here! The first table! :)

Baekhyun's heartbeat quickened when he saw that message. He looked around once before he came across the familiar face who was waving and smiling at him. Baekhyun swallowed hard before making his way to the table.

"Baeks!" The man greeted Baekhyun and drew him into a hug. Baekhyun was uncomfortable at his gesture but did not say anything. He only said his name in return.

"Jongin."

"How have you been? I'm so excited to see you again. Come have a seat." Jongin said and pulled out a chair for Baekhyun.

As soon as Baekhyun was seated, his eyes settled on a slice of chocolate cheese cake and a mug of hot latte. His favorite combination. So he remembered. Baekhyun thought to himself. But Baekhyun was determined that Jongin was to never step into his life again. The only reason he agreed to meet with him was to clear this up and tell him that he was already seeing someone and very happy with his current situation. Nevertheless, he could not pass up the delicious cheese cake and hot latte. He was actually smiling when the piece of cake entered his mouth. Pure bliss.

"I know you'd love it." Jongin smiled.

"Thank you but this is not what I'm here for." Baekhyun said bluntly.

The smile faded from Jongin's face. He hung his head low and nodded but then looked at Baekhyun again.

"Baeks - "

"That's Baekhyun to you."

"Okay, Baekhyun, I know what I did was wrong and I should never have done that but I still...I still love you, I still care about you. You are always on my mind."

"Save the bull, Kim Jongin! I'm not falling for your stupid crap again!" Baekhyun threw the fork on the table forcefully and stormed off from the place. Not even Jongin chasing after him and attempting to pull him back could make him stay.

However, what Baekhyun did not know was that Chanyeol was observing all of this from afar.


Once Baekhyun was home, he called Chanyeol. He felt guilty. He really needed to talk to Chanyeol. But there was no way he could tell Chanyeol what just transpired with Jongin. He did not even had time to think when the call got through after two seconds.

"Baekhyunie?" Chanyeol's deep voice sent a pang of guilt further into Baekhyun's heart.

"Chanyeol-hyung..." Baekhyun was beginning to tear up.

"What's up?" Chanyeol's cheerful voice made it even harder for Baekhyun not to feel guilty.

"I just...I just miss you a lot...that's all..." Baekhyun sobbed.

"Are you crying?"

"No..." Baekhyun half-whispered.

"Is everything alright? Do you want me to come over?"

"No! Don't!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "Sorry...I just needed to hear your voice."

"I'm always here for you, Baekhyunie. Whatever it is, just calm down and get some rest okay? I'll see you tomorrow. Alright?"

"O-okay...bye..."

Baekhyun did not wait for Chanyeol to say goodbye and he hung up on him. As soon as he was off the phone, he sank to the floor and cried. He felt like he had cheated on Chanyeol even though he and Jongin did not do anything.


When Chanyeol heard Baekhyun's voice, he knew that something was wrong. Part of him knew that Baekhyun would not say anything about his meeting up with Jongin yet part of him wanted to know who was Jongin and what was he doing with his Baekhyun.

Why won't you tell me about that guy? Who is he? Are you cheating on me, Byun Baekhyun? Chanyeol thought.

However, he could not bring himself to question Baekhyun further when he heard Baekhyun sobbing. Chanyeol had a weak spot for Baekhyun crying. He cannot stand Baekhyun crying. It hurt him. Badly.

But no matter what, Chanyeol was determined to find out more about Jongin.


The next day, Chanyeol invited, or more like insisted, Baekhyun to spend the day in his house. Everything was going fine and they even had their usual couple banter and exchanges. But Baekhyun was still constantly checking his phone.

When Baekhyun was engrossed in his phone, Chanyeol took the opportunity to yank the phone out of his hands. Baekhyun demanded Chanyeol to return the phone to him but Chanyeol held it high up. Baekhyun being way shorter than Chanyeol struggled to reach for his phone. Chanyeol had the upperhand now. He scrolled through Baekhyun's phone to find the messages he exchanged with Jongin. Two things caught his attention.

I was wrong. Please forgive me.

I wish we could be together again.

"GIVE IT BACK TO ME!" Baekhyun screamed.

"Who is Jongin exactly? Tell me!" Chanyeol asked.

"None of your business! Give me back my ing phone!"

"What did he do to you?"

Baekhyun screamed and pounded on Chanyeol's chest. It was as if he had lost control of himself. He was saying things like 'don't remind me!', 'don't talk about it!' and 'give it back!'. Chanyeol had a feeling that whatever Jongin did to Baekhyun must have hurt him deeply. He wanted to help Baekhyun but Baekhyun did not like the idea. Not even one bit.

When Chanyeol relented, Baekhyun snatched the phone from Chanyeol and ran out of his house. Chanyeol gave chase but Baekhyun was  already in an elevator.


For the next few days, Chanyeol and Baekhyun did not see each other. Things became worse when Baekhyun did not return any of Chanyeol's calls or messages. Chanyeol became a little concerned and decided to check on him.

When Chanyeol reached Baekhyun's apartment, he found the front door unlocked so he let himself in. The sight he saw made his blood boil. Jongin and Baekhyun were kissing. Although Jongin was the one who forced himself on Baekhyun, what they did made Chanyeol see red. He charged towards both of them and he dragged Jongin aside and punched him on the face. Jongin curse Chanyeol out loud before leaving the apartment.

When it was just the two of them alone in the room, tension began to rise. There were a lot of questions in Chanyeol's mind and Baekhyun crying did not help. After what seemed like forever, Chanyeol spoke.

"Were you...were you seeing him behind my back? You didn't answer my calls, my messages...just so that you can do this with him?"

"No...no...it's not like that..." Baekhyun said weakly, hot tears streaming down his face.

"It's not like that? How am I supposed to believe you when I see both of you kissing like that? HUH?" Chanyeol yelled.

Chanyeol threw his hands up in defeat. Baekhyun continued to cry. Chanyeol needed to cool off and he headed for the door. Before he could step out of the house, Baekhyun spoke up.

"He tried to me!"

Chanyeol froze in his tracks. He slowly turned his head to see Baekhyun on his knees, all the while crying. He felt ashamed of himself. His boyfriend was almost and he thought that Baekhyun was cheating on him? How stupid can he be?

Chanyeol walked up to Baekhyun and placed a hand on his shoulder but Baekhyun shook it off and continued to cry. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into an embrace, earning multiple screams from Baekhyun as he struggled against Chanyeol. Chanyeol did not let go of Baekhyun. In fact, the more Baekhyun struggled, the tighter his grip became. It came to a point where Baekhyun stopped struggling and just sobbed into Chanyeol's chest.

"I'm sorry..." Chanyeol said.


Chanyeol tugged Baekhyun into bed and took care of him for the night. When dawn broke, Baekhyun woke to a pair of eyes smiling down at him. He returned the smile but he felt guilty again.

"Hyung...about yesterday..." Baekhyun started.

Chanyeol placed his index finger on Baekhyun's lips and shook his head. "You don't have to tell me anything."

"But I want to tell you." Baekhyun said and he sat up from the bed. After a few minutes when he was ready, Baekhyun told his story.

It turned out that Baekhyun met Jongin during his senior year at high school. The reason they were together was because of a bet Jongin took with his friends; he wanted to prove to them that he can get Baekhyun to go out with him. Baekhyun was naive enough to believe in whatever Jongin had to say and they started dating. One day, Jongin let it slip that it was all just a bet and it not only hurt Baekhyun, it scarred him emotionally. He was embarrassed that it happened to him. He never wanted to let another man into his life anymore...until he met Chanyeol.

"I don't know but for some reason when I'm with you I feel different...like I can be myself again...even though I was in a lot of conflicts with myself..." Baekhyun said, his vision became glassy as tears fogged his eyes.

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his embrace. Baekhyun allowed himself to be held by Chanyeol and they stayed in this position for a while.

"I won't let anyone hurt you again. Never ever." Chanyeol said.

"Thank you, Chanyeol-hyung. You're so good to me. It's all I can think of." Baekhyun said.

They looked into each other's eyes and their heads started getting closer, their lips eventually meeting as they start the new day with a gentle yet reassuring kiss.


A/N: This story is coming to an end...unfortunately. Maybe another two more chapters and we're done...we'll see how it goes. Again not much proofreading and I hope you enjoy! :)