Chapter 1: The Wedding

All of Me Xiuhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: The Wedding

 

-

He stood there staring at his reflection in the mirror, fixing his black bow tie, tying it into a perfect bow. He slid his hands down his clothed chest, smoothing out the material.

His single eye-lidded brown eyes looks up, connecting them with his reflected ones, a small sigh escaping his small cherry shaped lips. He studied his appearance black tuxedo, with a white dress shirt underneath the jet black jacket, accompanied by black Italian dress shoes.

“Minseok, hurry up before I drag you down here!”

A voice shouted, interrupting Minseok’s concentration. Sighing, Minseok stares at his entire being in the mirror. In the corner of the mirror is a piece of paper, taped to the mirror, the words, “Invitation” on it in big bold letters. He looked at it mournfully, longingly. Today was his best friend’s wedding, and Minseok was invited, he’s the best man of the groom, Junmyeon.

Minseok and Junmyeon have been friends for 11 years, ever since middle school. Minseok been bullied all his life, Junmyeon stood up to the bullies for him. After that they became friends. Minseok loves Junmyeon like a brother and he was proud that Junmyeon found the one. Sadly, Minseok yet hasn’t.

Minseok has a gift, he can see and speak to the dead, earthbound spirits, the ones that have not crossed over because of unfinished business, and they come to Minseok for help. He had this gift since he was a little boy, passed down from his father, who got it from his father and so forth. His father refuses to believe in spirits unlike Minseok and his Grandfather. Minseok assumes it skips every generation. With this Minseok told himself that he would let his child embrace his gift. With the gift, spirits came at the most randomness of times, and being his helpful self he spoke to them, no matter where he was. At school it was a struggle, with kids teasing him for talking to himself, and for being a freak. Jongdae, a friend of Minseok since birth, helped stand up for Minseok, and eventually started helping Minseok with the spirits. Junmyeon and Jongdae were very accepting of Minseok’s gift, helping Minseok when he felt frustrated. There were pros in having this gift, but there were also cons too. Minseok could never have a real relationship; everyone he dated called him a freak. It hurt Minseok a lot he knew that some people may not accept him for his gift. Minseok always wanted to start a family, and have a lover, but no one has yet to accept that he is different.

-

When Junmyeon started dating Yixing, Minseok couldn’t help but feel envious, envious of their relationship. Minseok knew he shouldn’t be feeling this way, but he desperately wants to know how it feels to be love by another, to be cared for. Minseok wanted what Junmyeon and Yixing have, a happy and healthy relationship, to know the feeling of being engaged, and to be married.

Minseok is happy for Junmyeon, and by staring at himself in the mirror he thought,

“Soon. I will find love soon.”

Jongdae interrupted Minseok, yelling, “Minseok we are going to be late! Get down here!”

Minseok trudges down the stairs, his shoes hitting the stairs as he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter