Save Me

Falling Before Flying

It had taken him quite a long time to realize it, and yet it just was so simple. Since the day they'd met, Jongin knew something was off about Do Kyungsoo. He never seemed right, or natural. To put it into words, it was like Jongin was watching magic act, which he knew was fake, but didn't understand why or how it was done. In those months of communication, Jongin figured at least one thing out: Kyungsoo wasn't neat or mellifluous, he never would be. But the beautiful things in life aren't supposed to be without damage or mess, they're supposed to make you feel something. And he couldn't stop thinking about that very fact. One thing he found also were two thoughts incessantly provoking his mind: the latter, and the question of being so opposite to Kyungsoo. 

 
 
 
 
An old saying says opposites attract, but Jongin wasn't sure if such a phrase applied to him and the target of his affection. Was it possible to be too different? Meaning so contradictory that it's almost impractical to desire to be together. Maybe such a thing didn't exist, but he was certain that if him and Kyungsoo were a couple, it'd be an inconvenience to both. Jongin lived for deep, late night heart to hearts whist Kyungsoo could barely stand a small morning tittle-tattle. Now that he really focused on it, he was far more capricious than the mundane Kyungsoo. He knew Kyungsoo for being laconic and overall very unenthusiastic towards life. Jongin loved long, hot baths filled with caramel scented soaps; Kyungsoo preferred quick, ice showers. All of those seemingly unattractive things were Kyungsoo's quiddities. Things that Jongin wished he could hide forever so that no one else had access for he wanted them just to him. He wanted Kyungsoo all to himself. 
 
 
 
 
Kim Jongin's life was absolutely perfect. He was the firstborn son to a very wealthy family, and he always got whatever he desired. Among those things was a fine education that included dance lessons. From that stemmed his real passion in life and when his parents found out, they sent him off to an expensive boarding school hoping that that'd get such a frivolous idea out of his brilliant head. Six months into the school year, Jongin fled to Seoul in the hopes of pursuing his dream. Three years filled with vigorous training passed by when he was finally spotted by the Korean National Ballet. Jongin's dreams were within reach until the week before his debut performance. It had snowed, and the roads were iced over. The whole scene happened in the blink of an eye, his ankle being smashed between the car's metal being all he remembers. After that, he spent two months and a half in the hospital recovering from internal injuries and doing physical therapy. They told him it was a miracle that he still could walk, but that dance was out of the question. 
 
 
 
 
Jongin had tried his best, and yet watched his dreams disintegrate all because he glanced down at his cell phone for what seemed like a millisecond. Because of his arrogance and vacuousness, Kim Jongin had become subject to a life of obsession. A dark obsession consumed him after the accident, one that forced him to visit that same dance hall every night and wonder what he could've done differently. Not only that, but one certain man become the main victim to his fixation. That person was the one that replaced him in the ballet, then took all the praise and notoriety. A person who claimed to love Jongin with all his heart, then took a knife and stabbed him in the back. Now he saw it as his turn to attempt to torture the boy back by following him everywhere he went. 
 
 
 
 
Maybe he was crazy, but the only reason  he transformed into such a creature was because of that man. His hair was shaggy blonde, he had eyes that could stare into your soul, and a smile that made flowers grow.  An image of perfection, although under that beautiful image lay an evil monster. Most people were so blinded by his talent and good looks, but Jongin knew better. At a young age he knew no matter how hard you tried to see the best in people, demons had a funny way for revealing themselves. It was only a matter of time before his exploded in Kyungsoo's face. Jongin already knew how broken Do Kyungsoo was, so mixing in Jongin's problems more than likely wouldn't do either any good.
 
 
 
 
Jongin was far from the ideal man, and he knew it. If he was in fact perfect, would be even be capable of loving someone like Kyungsoo? Although, wasn't there another old saying about two broken people being able to fix each other?