Chapter 12

I Know I'm Evil

I didn’t take more than five steps until I heard a soft moan sound from behind me. I froze and slowly turned around.

 

Kyunghoon moved to his feet and stood with his head lowered and his arms calmly at his sides.

 

I stared at him for several seconds in disbelief. “…Kyunghoon?”

 

His head rose and his eyes locked with mine. Deep black orbs replaced his former dark brown eyes and his attention was completely focused on me.

 

I slowly turned to face him. “You can hear me, right?”

 

“Yes.” Kyunghoon answered immediately without a change in his expression.

 

“…How do you feel?” This was a new situation for me. I wasn’t used to speaking with the people I usually kill.

 

“Wonderful. You?” He answered.

 

“I’m very relieved to be honest. I thought I killed you.”

 

“Clearly I’m not dead.”

 

“Yeah I see that.” I took a couple steps toward him. “What do you want to do right now?”

 

“Follow your orders.” He responded without missing a beat.

 

Adrenaline rushed through my entire body. I actually accomplished not killing someone I was trying to make obedient to me!

 

“Good.” I nodded slowly. “Now that you’re programmed with that thought, let’s get going.”

 

“Where are we going?” He asked.

 

I thought for a moment and glanced down at my normal clothes and felt the fabric on the top of my sweater hood. “I need to find a cloak of some kind. So no one can recognize me.”

 

“There are plenty of clothing and costume stores in the city.” Kyunghoon responded, walking past me and motioning for me to follow him.

 

“Good.” I followed behind him closely, keeping my head down but failing to hide a growing smile forming on the rims of my mouth.

 

After that moment, I was given my signature black cloak and I traveled very far with my loyal assistant to find the legendary Tree of Life and obtain its wondrous powers. Unfortunately this would lead to my downfall because the legends would defend their positions and fight me mercilessly along with their two bewitchingly beautiful helpers. I won’t go too much into those embarrassing details, but let’s just say I got carried away a couple times trying to get them to do things they didn’t want to do. I didn’t even care about them that much, I just wanted to use them to lower the legends’ defenses and give into my power.

 

I was able to obtain the legends’ powers for only a brief time before I was defeated and sent to hell. My loyal assistant was sent there soon after, trying to avenge my death, but we soon accepted our fate and went on a Fruits Basket marathon for what felt like many, many months. Then my assistant moved out and now I’m all alone with my memories and poor decisions.

 

I guess it isn’t so bad. I still have Fruits Basket. I’ll always have Fruits Basket.