Chapter 11

I Know I'm Evil

I stood outside of the hospital doors in a mixture of shock and annoyance. There was a big "Closed" sign placed on the glass doors. The area looked messy as well, completely different from when I arrived this morning. I could see the shadows of cat tires parked in the grass and the slight property damage on the glass doors and the ground below me. It looked like someone tried to throw a rock at the glass.
 


I was seconds away from turning around, but then a shadow walked through the darkness inside the main office and the doors opened, making me back away a couple feet.
 


Kyunghoon blinked at me in surprise. "What are you doing here?"
 


"Hospitals don't close." I replied.
 


He sighed. "No they don't. But that's none of my problem now. For your information I lost my job."
 


"Why?"
 


"My secretary blamed me for ual harassment." He looked down with glaring eyes.
 


I blinked. "Why would she do that?"
 


"She said she woke up on the lobby floor thinking unsanitary thoughts and called the police. She thought I drugged her or something."
 


"That's rude." I said with a growing smirk.  This was a perfect situation. "You shouldn't think back too fondly on your job. I have a better occupation for you."
 


He looked at me confused. "What?"
 


"You helped me before, now I will help you. Come be my assistant. Together we can get many things accomplished."
 


"What kind of things?" He asked uneasily.
 


"I will speak honestly to you. I have a super power that I'm practicing to use masterfully, but I want to be even more powerful."
 


Kyunghoon stared at me like I was an alien. "You...what?"
 


"At this point I don't have anything else I would rather do. I simply feel euphoric thinking about being powerful."
 


He took a step back and reached behind his jacket pocket. "L-Look, I don't know what your problem is, but you clearly need help."
 


I realized he was pulling out his phone and quickly raised my hand toward him. His whole body twitched and froze.
 


Don't kill him...don't kill him... I kept my hand relaxed and took a step forward.
 


"Listen to me. I'm only doing this because you're obviously afraid of me, but you're my last chance to master my power once and for all. I need to alter your mind without killing you. So just relax and surrender your mind to me."
 


Kyunghoon let out a small breath, trying to move his hands and arms. I kept my mind as clear as possible and continued walking toward him.
 


"I promise everything will be alright. I'll even lend you some of my powers. I don't know if I can do that, but I will find a way."
 


Within each passing second, Kyunghoon's eyes started to relax along with his body. His gaze remained locked with mine as I stopped right in front of him.
 


"Please be my most loyal assistant. I will make sure you are well taken care of and content under my control." I slowly let my hand fall.
 


His eyes immediately closed and he fell to the ground. I stared down at him in shock for several seconds. I didn't bother to check for his pulse. I just sighed deeply and turned around to leave.
 


I thought I blew it...