One

Keep Me Awake

“Jin-hyung~~~~~~~~~ Oh Jin-hyung~~ Jin-hyung?”

“Yes, Jungkookie?”

Jungkook flinched when he heard that beautiful voice came from the back.

“I’m sorry, did I surprise you? Pfft. Mianhae”

“Um, it’s okay hyung. I thought you’re in the kitchen baking the cookies you promised me.” Jungkook shyly looked at his handsome hyung, admiring his beautiful hand gesture that’s covering his giggles.

“Well, I was. Suddenly Namjoon broke the lamp again and I had to nag him to make sure he cleaned that place up. Don’t worry. I didn’t forget about our secret promise Kookie~” Jin playfully pinches Jungkook’s nose then ruffles his hair causing his face to look like a tomato.

“(Our secret promise? I…..like…..that……- Oh my god! That tickles! Hihihi)”

“Hmmm? Are you okay Kookie? You’re red all over.” Jin leaned his forehead against Jungkook’s

“(!)” His eyes widen.

“And you’re tempature’s high too.”

“Ah! I’m okay hyung!” Jungkook backed up completely when he realized Jin made contact with him. He covered his forehead and nods his head convincingly.

“Really, I’m okay! It’s just…..just that….umm…Ah! You didn’t open the kitchen’s fan! Yeah, that’s it. Hehe”

Jin turned his head towards the fan. “Oh, you’re right. Mianhae Kookie.”

“Um, gwenchana. Please don’t be bothered. Do continue hyung.”

“Hmmh, all I need to do is to wait for the oven. I’ve finished everything Kookie. So in another few minutes we can spend our evening together.” Jin’s happy that the maknae’s face is glowing with full of glee.

“Mind helping me with the dishes?” Jin raised an eyebrow “Of course!” “Haha I like it when you’re so hype to help me with the chores.”

“Hyung~~~~~~~~! Help!”

“Namjoon? Hey, where are you?” Jin shout as he washes the dishes while Jungkook’s drying them.

“……” Namjoon didn’t respond. Jin closed the tap and dried his hands. Jungkook followed his actions.

Namjoon is running towards them.

Both of them laugh by the way Namjoon’s running.

“Hey, Namjoon. What’s wrong? *gasp* Oh my god! Kookie! The first aid kit!”

While Kookie went to get the first aid kit, Jin guide Namjoon towards the sink to wash his cut.

“It’s just a small cut hyung. Relax.”

“Aigoo! But this is a deep cut Kim Namjoon! Can’t you see how much you’re bleeding! How did this happened?!”

“I got it when I was grabbing a piece of the lamp under the lamp table.”

“Well, be careful next time! Please think before doing anything!”

“It was an accident! I can’t help it!”

“Well accidents can be prevented!” Namjoon watches Jin hard work to stop the bleeding. His other hand reached the elder broad shoulder. “*whispers* Relax hyung. It is deep, yet small I’m not gonna die. It’s okay.” The words broke Jin. But he’s trying to hold it back.

“Shut up. Pabo” His voice was unconvincing and Namjoon wraps his free hand around Jin and kissed his head.

“Saranghae hyung.” Jin rests his head on Namjoon’s chest. Still cleaning his bleeding while sighing.

“J…jin-hyu…ng?” “Ah, Kookie? Why are you standing there?”

“I….I… d-don’t want to interrupt.*gulp*” Jungkook’s eyes are glued to the floor.

“Uh, I’m truly sorry Kookie that you had to watch that. It’s okay now. Come here with that first aid kit. Sorry Kookie. Heh.” Jin force a smile. Jungkook knew that but he pretends to buy it. He put the aid kit on the kitchen counter. And Jin proceed to treat Namjoon’s wound. Jungkook watch the both of them. He can feel their pure love for each other. And it makes Jungkook feels sick. He excused himself with a pathetic reason yet they bought it. He ran upstairs. Closed the door. And slides down while showering himself with tears.

“(Don’t ing cry, you ing weakling! For 4 years! For ing 4 good years you knew you were chasing rainbows when that ing angel laid eyes on that monster. You knew it from the beginning although they finally acknowledge their feeling just a year ago, you can never have him. Never. Please stop clinging on this false hope. Wake up pabo!)”