Chapter 37

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 37

"Taec, do you think this will work?" 

"Yoongie, I am telling you, it will. You yourself said, you regretted your actions. Now, make it up for her and resolve this. After all, we can discuss about the underlying problem later."

"Oh okay. Let's see how this will go. I am nervous."

"Look, now she texted me and said, she's almost here. I am gonna go leave now. I asked her to call me when she actually stepped inside and then, I will convince her that I am still at home. You come outside once the call ends and there you will proceed your part." 

Taecyeon left the guest house, advising Yoona to act accordingly. 

It was the perfect time to meet Taeyeon for Yoona. The other day, Yoona convinced Taecyeon for why she was feeling guilty about slapping her best friend and why, in the first place she slapped her. 

When Tiffany was met by Taeyeon coincidentally, Taeyeon did ask her to leave the country for good without contemplating. All she did care about was what was at stake in front of her, Jessica. 

The rivalary between their lovers has taken a toll on both their friendship and relationship in postive and negative ways. But as much as they have grown fond of each one of them, they could not care less to acknowledge the possiblity of loosing everything dear.

With Yoona's confession, Taecyeon thought reuniting the best friends. Mainly, because their friendship was too precious be broken down by anything. Secondly, Taeyeon wanted the life they spent as friends with the two of them. 

While Yoona apprehended the situation, she wanted to forgive Taeyeon for what she did rashly and also wanted to ask for Taeyeon's forgiveness, which it would be even. She was not sure about Taeyeon, on the other hand. Everybody knew, Taeyeon was a woman of her word. If someone had the gut to turn against her then she would never look back. Even though, it was the worst case scenario, Yoona thought at least, Taeyeon would make an exception for her. For the sake of their friendship of a time span of twenty years. 

Taeyeon finally reached her destiantion. As she parked her car in front of the guest house, she called Taecyeon once again to let him know that she arrived. 

"So, where the hell are you? I thought you said, you would wait for me in the guest house but seems like, you are not yet here." Taeyeon lifted one of her brows as she examined any possible presence of Taecyeon.

"I am terribly sorry, Taeng. My sister is sick. Just now, the doctor left, asking me to stay with her. I am really sorry. I guess we should meet some other time. I really cannot leave the house right now. Next time, we meet, treat on me. I am really-"

Taeyeon was shocked to hear him. "Is-is she okay?"

"Kinda but not at her best." Taecyeon answered with a soft tone.

"Oh okay. You know what, it is totally fine. Take care of her. I will come visit her, if I have time in the evening."

"Thank you Taeng. Thanks for understanding. I am sorry once again." 

"It's okay. Have a good day, Taec!" 

Taeyeon sighed as she ended the phone conversation. "Poor JiHyen unnie." she muttered to herself. 

She was about to take a step front when she heard a door opened behind her. She turned her head, only to meet her eyes with the one person she wanted to avoid the most. 

"Hey, T-Taeng."

Yoona replied with a sad voice. She saw Taeyeon was staring at her and broke the eye contact. Taeyeon took a step front and continued to walk to her veicle when suddenly, the latter shouted her name. "Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks. Her eyes followed Yoona who was reaching her. As she looked at her best friend for a long time, she noticed her eyes were glistening with tears, threatening to fall. She knew, this was the dead end. 

"Taeng. H-" Yoona's gentle voice was cut off at once. "I came to meet Taecyeon but did not notice he had guests. I will leave now." Taeyeon continued to act estrange. Reaching her limit Yoona grunted. She grabbed Taeyeon's hand and dragged her inside the guest house because the consequences of this situation would not be pleasing for the people to witness. 

When they came inside, Taeyeon yanked her hand away. "What the hell are you doing? I was supposed to leave. Let me go!" Taeyeon still tried to leave the place when Yoona only shouted like a mad woman. "For 's sake Kim Taeyeon! Listen to me, please!" 

Taeyeon was silenced. She had seen this side of Yoona and it would be a disaster to walk away from her, when she was already planning to begin a conversation. 

"I said, listen to me." Tears streaming down her face, Yoona asked. "Please!" pleading.

Taeyeon did not understand why Yoona was so persistent for her to listen to, whatever she had to say. Last time she checked, Yoona clearly said, she did not give a . "What do you want me listen? I thought you said, you did not care, the other day." 

Yoona shook her head. "Please, Taeng we need to-"

"Who gave you the right to talk to me like that?" Taeyeon's say made Yoona go full of bewilderment. "Taeng? Only a certain best friend I had, called me that, like centuries ago. She died recently. So, who are you to call me like that?" 

Taeyeon's words pierced through her best friend's heart. It had almost broken into so many pieces. Yoona had really done a mistake.

"Please!" Yoona continued, as she pleaded. "That friend is here to let you know, that she regrets what she did. And-and I want that friendship back. Taeng, please! I miss you-"

Taeyeon let out a grim chuckle. How could possibly she was witnessing this moment. "Hold the on!" 

Yoona was taken aback. 

"The last time, I checked. Someone said, I quote, "I can't really believe if I relate with people who I chould call friends or being fooled by them."" Taeyeon continued with  a smug on her face. "I believed it to be true at one point as well but I did not see this," She was gesturing the helpess situation Yoona was in and said, "this coming, you know." 

"Taeyeon, it was a mistake, I just got carried away-"

"Oh wow! Wow!" Taeyeon this time laughed so hard to pass the sarcasm. "You did what? Got carried away? Was that really, it? You got carried away? Damn, you." Taeyeon mocked Yoona, as much as she could.

"Yes, it was. You know, how I am when I get angry. I do not know, what I do." Yoona almost uttered looking down. She was not sure if that was right.

Taeyeon looked at her in disbelief. "Hello! What do I know? I do not know anything about you. You tell me what are you, yourself."

"Taeyeon, what the is wrong with you? Why are you treating me like this?"

"Oh, you are asking me that? For the record, nothing is wrong with me."

Yoona groaned as she could not bear any longer. "I told you. I regret slapping you that day. I know, I reached my limit." With that Taeyeon knew, her sensitivity has shaken to the core, as Yoona recollected the moment on how she was treated at her office. "I just came to ask your forgiveness! For goodness sake, stop being so rude to me. Do you not want to rekindle this friendshi-"

"Oh! So, you came here to ask my forgiveness and be done with your ing regret? You came here to ask my forgiveness, just to rekindle the friendship? And you came here to tell, that I am being rude to you, and not otherwise? You seem like, doing all these things to your benefit or something. If you were that sorry, then you should have been more patient with me, you pathetic liar."

Yoona tried to approach Taeyeon in a more gentle way. She could not put salt into the wound anymore, by being too arguementative. "Taeng, please-" But again she was cut off. 

"Stop calling me that name from your filthy mouth. I am no longer anything to you and vice versa."

"Why don't you give me a moment to explain myself? Why are-"

"Because you did not." Taeyeon hollered at Yoona. "Because you, yourself did not give me a chance to explain myself that day. You shut me off, giving in to whatever you just heard and leaving no space for me to clear myself."

Yoona sighed. "Fine. Explain yourself then. If I am wrong then, I want to correct it. Tell-"

"Do you think this is a ing roleplay to you?" Taeyeon twiched her brows frowing at the young woman in front of her. "Are you here to terrorize me and control me to get out what you want to hear from my damn mouth? Get lost!" Taeyeon looked away and continued to walk away.

"How many times do you think, I was sleepless at night, pondering how much I've missed my best friend due to the one wrong move I had done?" 

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks. 

"Do you know how much I thought that I did not deserve you for what I did to you? Do you know how hard it is, to choose between two people that you love?" 

"God damn you came to the point. Glad! Finally, you know how it is to feel like to choose between people. It is ing hard, isn't it? Well, guess what, I had been going through the same thing, until your hand plastered on my ing face, which, which you made it easier for me to choose the most suitable choice left out. I am glad you ing do realized that." Taeyeon laughed hysterically. "I mean, it's not a huge surprise anyway. You always were the last to understand anything that was happening to you. People were gossiping and behind your back and you knew nothing until someone comes and saves you from that pit and when I was that one person, who got you out of it, you were ing kind enough to me, to serve your handprint on my ing face. I couldn't say earlier. Thank you though. You know, for letting me know, how simple it is to choose between people you love, finally." Taeyeon mocked Yoona. She was hurt and she was hurt enough. She was already in the verge of tears.

"Taeyeon, I-I am sorry for the love of god! I am sorry! I know, I know how you feel. I know, how you must have felt about me. I know, how careless I was. And now, I do really understand my mistake. I am disappointed on myself and I feel contrite about what I did to you. I should not have done that. I should have listened to you. I-I was too rash to make a move like that on you. I am ing sorry Taeyeon! I genuinely feel very sorry for you and for my actions. I am-I am sorry."

"Everything is so easy for you, Yoona. You always took everything for granted. You do what you feel is right and end up in the most chaotic situation." Yoona was astonished to hear what Taeyeon just said.

"When your engagement took place, you always whined up about what could possibly go wrong by marrying him, to Nari but when she could not do anything for you, you just barked up at her. When you met Tiffany out of nowhere," This was the first time, Taeyeon mentioned her name and Yoona did not dare to talk before her best friend is finished. "...you said everything you felt so good about her and then, when Kyuhyun confronted you what he got to know from Woosung, you went up straight to Tiffany and spat it on her. You could have been more careful before saying anything, but you did not. She left you the next day and here, you were faltered with her departure. When Taecyeon supported her to stay at her house for sometime, you thought he was doing it for his benefit but did not give himself the room to explain. When I came, to let you know, what I had known about the girl you loved, for the first time, you spilled your damn gut to slap me before giving me a chance to explain myself. When they all leave you, you chase them, only to ask for that forgiveness you want. You do not want to understand what they might had had gone through before everything. You just only think about yourself." 

"If it is fair for you to point your finger at me, then how do you explain asking her to leave the country, just because you wanted her to? You told her because it was what you needed.-"

"Yes, I did. I asked her do so because she was the one to ignite these flames surrounding everyone." Yoona stared at Taeyeon as she continued. "Because of Tiffany, Jessica was dead worried about her sister Krystal, that Tiffany would harm her. Because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter