Chapter 31

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 31

Soyang was in a deep abyss of thinking about the current instances occurring in her life. At one point, she wanted to forget all these and move on but still, there were things that held her back. Her past, disputes with her husband, Yoona's struggles and Nari's expectation of having a third member to their family. Everything required different emotions for her to react and she couldn't comprehend if she had to cry or laugh. 

"Mom."

The woman woke up from her trail of thoughts, as she heard a voice. 

"Oh, Nari..."

Her mother's slight unsettling voice triggered Nari. "Are you okay mom?"

Nari earned a slight nodded. With a smile, Soyang inqured, "So, is everything okay with you?"

"I am okay mom but..." The faint tone of her daughter's voice made Soyang to worry. "But what Nari? Is everything okay? Tell me everything."

Nari left a heavy sigh. She did not know wear to begin. Though, at one point, she had to reveal one way or another. "Nari-"

"Mom, I...I think we should reconsider this marriage." She finally let it out. Soyang was startled hearing her daughter's statement. What on earth was she talking about?

"Nari, what are you talking about? Whose marriage? Are you telling me you want to-" Soyang was cut off.

"No! I am not talking about me."

"Then? Who are you talking about?"

"Yoona."

As Nari said it, her mother stared at her in disbelief. She expected this reaction from her. 

"What do you mean?"

Nari ultimately commenced wirh her explanation. "Mom, I dont think you get this. Not even dad. This-this marriage and this engagement is haunting Yoong so much. She doesnt even cooperate because she doesnt like any of these things-"

"Haunting? What's that supposed to mean? This marriage was clearly settled between both the families with the consent of the children and-"

"No mom! No! With the consent of Kyuhyun but not Yoong. This is not a marriage that included Yoong's perpective at all mom. She was all restricted to let her notion out because she is too vulnerable to go against dad and you. She do not want to throw you under the bus by doing something that makes you guys angry. But, this is enough."

"Why would she refuse this marriage? Why Nari? Kyuhyun is an educated and well-behaved child of a wealthy family. That's what we all need. And Yoona is in the right age to get married. What your dad is doing, that is the right thing. After all, you were also in a same situation but look at Woosung and yourself now! You both are expecting another to your family. Yoona can do the same."

Nari let out a laugh. "Mom, Yoona is not me and I am not her. We are two different people. In my case it was different. I married, because I wanted a change in my life. Yoong is marrying, because she cannot do anything for herself."

Soyang looked at her eldest with a shocking sight. She couldnt understand the idea behind all of this fuss.

"This is a compromise mom. Just think about it. This is a business deal and Yoona is being used as a bait."

"How could you say such a disrespectful thing like that Nari? You are berating your father by blabbering all this. How could you even think of something-"

"The unjustce and the disrespect have happened to Yoona. Not dad. He should be liable of all this. And you too mom. You both did not give a single fig about how that poor thing was feeling."

"Nari I-"

"It's not a surprise that you are subjected to dad's disputes mom. You also had a similar past. And Yoong is going to face a similar situation like that. And for the record, Kyuhyun is not that well-behaved mom. He is just a piece of ."

"Are you mad? What has gotten to you suddenly? This is not something that matters to you at all...-"

"She's my sister. I have a right to talk about her and care about her as the eldest. If-If no one in this family is not giving a crap at least, I should. I dont want to see her suffer anymore. Right before, the engagement, she cried like nothing...telling me how frustrated and emotionally exhausted with all these drama happenening in her life. Both of you are using her as an object to achieve all your needs. I-I didn't realize up until now. Now that I understand, I want to make it clear that this marriage should be reconsidered else, she will end up in hell."

Soyang stood up as she was fuming with anger. "Who taught you talk like this Nari? You have family now. Take care of that. Yoona is still a little kid. She has no idea about-"

"What is this old-fashioned cliche you are telling mom? Kid? How? This is were it all went wrong. You people are making her look like...she cannot do anything on her own. What the ?"

"Watch your language Nari! This is enough. Mind your own damn business and-"

"Yoona has someone she loves dearly."

"What did you sa-?"

"Say that again."

The mother and daughter flustered after hearing that rough voice that suddenly interrupted their conversation.

 

 

-

 

Someone tapped on Tiffany's bedroom door.

Thinking it would be Taecyeon or JiHyen, she opened the door, only to be dragged out by a force. Tiffany's expression at once transformed after identifying the person at last. 

"Yoongie, please don't- Calm yourself down-" 

JiHyen plead, as Yoona was trying to pull Tiffany away. Tiffany had a horrifying look on here face which she immediately thought of the manifest of her nightmare. 

"Unnie please! I've had enough. You all made me a fool. I dont want to let you people continue that again.-"

"Yoongie, we-we can-like, hear me out, hear her out. Do not force her-"

Yoona didnt seem to serve her attention to JiHyen at any point. Taecyeon was not at home the moment Yoona stepped into their house and started banging on Tiffany's door. JiHyen was helpless to contemplate what was the right thing or the wrong. And Yoona's arrival completely caught her off-guard.

Jihyen was left shocked when the door closed and heard Yoona's vehicles departed.

"Oh Jesus!" 

 

-

 

"Wha the hell unnie? What were you doing until she tried to take Tiffany away?"

Taecyeon hollered at her sister on the phone. 

"I tried my best to stop her but she forced herself on her."

"I was not expecting her to be this violent."

"Hyung, you said yourself they should meet-"

"Yes, but not like this! I was meaning that they should solve this less violently and not acting like thugs."

"Then what are we gonna do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter