Chapter 27

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 27
 

Krystal peeked into Jessica's room. The elder sibling was reading a book. With a sigh Krystal was about to walkaway but heard Jessica's voice.

"Krys!" 

Kryatal returned and peeked again. "Yes?"

"Are you busy now?" 

"Um...No. why?"

Jessica kept the book aside. "Let's have some sister talk." 

Krystal nodded and stepped towards the bed and had a seat.

"Soojung if...if I ask you something would you answer me truthfully?" Jessica asked with hesitation. Krystal had never seen this side of Jessica but she nodded. 

Jessica let out a sigh. "First off, I  guarantee you that I will not make any misinterpretations about your intentions. But I am worried about you so, tell me the truth okay?"

"Okay." Krystal said while nodding her head.

For the longest time, Jessica was in need to ask abot Tiffany from Krystal and their interactions but she did not. Because of the act that she had been recollecting the past incident happened, when Jessica kicked out Tiffany and how Krystal got mad. In a clear note, Jessica loved her sister. She only had Krystal when her father actually did nothing for them. Having complications and disputes do not make it simpler for Jessica to deal with anyone in the family so, she realized that she would just let go of negative vibes aorund her. 

What made Jessica really worried about her was when Hyoyeon flashed the red light about Tiffany. The name itself made Jessica's blood boiled. After knowing so many updates about her half-sibling, Jessica was well aware of what Tiffany's next step would be and that made her scared. Since Krystal was interacting with Tiffany often, Jessica comprehended news travells faster than it should be. Somehow, she did not know that Tiffany had already seen her before, with Taeyeon. She also did not know Taeyeon's best friend was suffocating because of Tiffany.

Jessica let out a big sigh before opening to speak.

"Soojung, do you know anything regarding Tiffany's whereabouts?"

For a moment Krystal froze on her spot. She did not know how her sister had known about Tiffany. She had no idea that her sister would someday ask the question that she was always been aware of.

-

"Well, um..I kinda saw Jess that day." 

"You saw her? Where? And...when is 'that day'?" 

"Oh! No..I mean uh..I kinda was with one of my school friends and I uh..saw you sister with another girl I suppose?"

"Oh! yes, I can remember. She went on a date." 

"A D-date?" 

"Yes, as in a friendly one with one of her friends. Actually, it's not but..um...that girl always meets Jess in her bar. So, yeah. And she came to our house and fetched her." 

"Oh, uh..that's nice though. What's..uh..her name?" 

"Uhh..wait...Her name is..man..I remember her name...wait..aish...her name wa---Ah! Kim..Tae-Taeyeon. Yes, Kim Taeyeon."

-

"Soojung?"

Her train of thoughts suddenly vanished after hearing Jessica's adamant voice.

"U-Unnie.." Krystal stuttered.

"Yes?"

"I-I really do-do not know w-"

"Soojung, I told you to tell me the truth."

"I-I am...I just...I do not know exactly w-where she-"

"Krystal to tell you the truth..." Jessica revealed her secret. "I know, that you are in contact with her, for the most part."

"What-"

"Soojung you know for yourself that you did call her often. You don't have to lie and I told you, I won't misunderstand you. So, just tell me, what is the truth?" 

How?

The question popped in Krystal's head as she was pondering really hard about her sister's sudden outburst. 

She knew she couldn't lie to Jessica. After all, Jessica was the only one thatwas left in this world for Krystal, whom she can call her own. Going against her sister will not do any good, rather than it making her feel guilty for what she did. Also, she never knew, Tifany didn't share their blood until then.

The last time, when Tiffany was kicked out from the house, Krystal faced a huge mental ordeal between Jessica and Tiffany. For a moment, she hated her own sister but she could not do that anymore because she is not capable of holding grudges for so long. Krystal's father never was present at his own house. Jessica was the one to take care of the entire household activities while doing her job. She even offered help to both Krystal and Amber in their school work despite having an occupied life. So, in that case, Krystal had a tremendous respect for her sister. 

For Krystal, Tiffany was like her best friend. When Jessica was the big sister, Tiffany spent a huge amount of time with Krystal since her birth. They were basically inseprable. Krystal knew Tiffany was not the guilt but her father, Mr. Jung. The only reason why Krystal was unable to comprehend was why he chose Tiffany, out of all to commit such a deed. It was a popping question for Krystal. Tiffany swore she never did initiate any dirty act but to her dismay, none believed her. She ended by being ousted by Jessica without any explanations. Krystal decided to keep in touch with Tiffany because she missed her. But little did her know that Jessica was aware of all of the secrets.

"Unnie, I-" 

Jessica stared at Krystal.

"I'm sorry. I-I really do." 

"..."

Krystal began expanding her story. "I mean, I did not want to deceive you but you know how much T-Tiffany unnie means to me. After all, she grew up with us, together, under the same roof, as a family. That day, when I saw she was carrying her suitcase and crying so hard, I couldn't understand what happened. I thought something was wrong. Even though, I learned, you forced her out, she swore that she didn't do anything-"

"Soojung..." Jessica sighed before speaking. "I am asking if you know about her whereabouts? I needn't to know anything else Krys. I cleared myself, on the certain day that I do not want to hear about any explanation, in order to serve my mercy. So, just answer me, only to that particular question."

"Unnie I swear, I swear I don't know where she lives. I only know for a fact that she's alive and living a good life. Though, I asked her she didn't tell me anything about where she lives. Trust me unnie. I don't." 

"..."

"Unnie, please-"

"Are you sure she didn't tell anything?" 

Krystal nodded furiously. "Yes." 

"Okay then." Jessica continued. "But, are you still in contact with her?" 

Krystal nodded lightly. 

With a sigh Jessica spoke. "Fine. You can keep in touch with her. I have no objections."

"W-What?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter