A Drink and A Blueberry Cheesecake

My Immortal

Helloooo!!! Just like how I start every chapter, I am sorry for late update. It wasn’t really late, compared to other fics, but compared to my used-to-be everyday updates back during “Turning Tables”, my chapters here are really spaced apart. And also, I am feeling like my writing . Like I am a machine that hasn’t been working for years, like I was rusty. So sorry for that.

So here is your chapter! Enjoy!(?)


V

A Drink And A Blueberry Cheesecake


Author’s POV:

 

Jungkook kept tossing himself around his bed. A few seconds ago, he was lying on his stomach. Now, he’s on his back. He rolled to the other side of the bed, thinking that maybe, the other side is more comfortable and will help him get some sleep. But after minutes of lying there, nothing happened. Jungkook still couldn’t get any sleep.

“What the ?” Jungkook silently cursed as he sat up and threw the pillow to the other end of the room. He was so pissed off at himself. Why did I not check my message before I sent it? Why did this have to happen? Jungkook thought. Since he cannot get any sleep either, he stood up and went over to his room’s window. He unlocked it and threw it open, letting the chilling midnight air get inside his room.

Jungkook sighed as he pondered upon what happened. “What could Jimin-hyung be feeling right now? Did I creep him out? What he read is just so… random. Like, we just became friends a few hours ago and there I was texting him that I like him. Oh my god, way to go, Jungkook.” Jungkook literally slapped himself and closed the window again. He sauntered back to his bed and plopped himself down. He reached for his phone and checked for any reply from Jimin. But for the past hundred times he checked his phone after that forbidden, stupid message, nothing new came up. And every time he finds the notifications empty, his feeling that it meant rejection was getting stronger.

“Ok Jungkook, this is pathetic. Stop checking the ing phone every ing ten seconds.” Jungkook scolded himself. He put the phone on top of his bedside table and turned his back on it. He tried to get some sleep, but he just found his thoughts drifting back to what Jimin might be thinking right now. Did Jimin really just reject me? Is this his way of getting rid of people? What if he doesn’t want to see me again after reading the text? I’m so screwed. Just thinking about it made Jungkook want to cry. He knows it’s pathetic, because he just met Jimin yesterday and yet he couldn’t afford losing him. Jungkook turned until he was on his back and removed the pillow from under his head, only to hold it in front of his face.

“WHAT HAVE I’VE DONE?!” Jungkook screamed onto the pillow and cried. He kicked the blankets violently and continued ranting. “I AM SO STUPID!!!” He continued. Eventually, his body became tired of the thrashing on the bed, and ultimately, he fell asleep with the tears still streaming down his face.

Jimin woke up feeling refreshed from last night’s events. He stretched his well-rested limbs and sat up while rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. After yawning, he sleepily stood up and went to the bathroom sink and washed his own face with cold water, effectively waking him up fully.

He stared at his own face and smiled. ”Good morning, handsome.” He greeted himself. “No wonder people just keep falling for you.” He absent-mindedly remarked. Then, his eyes suddenly widened. He suddenly remembered Jungkook’s message last night. He bolted out of the bathroom and went over to his phone and opened its inbox to find Jungkook’s message. After re-reading it twice, he was finally convinced that it was actually real, and not only a figment of his imagination last night.

“So… it’s actually real…” Jimin mumbles under his breath as he sat down on the edge of his bed. He suddenly felt bad. What could Jungkook be thinking right now? What if he thought I rejected him just because I didn’t reply? Those thoughts ran inside Jimin’s head. Then, he felt hungry. “Gotta go eat first before I do anything.” Jimin said as he stood up and went to the kitchen to start preparing his food. Since he isn’t really in the mood to cook, he chose to eat pancakes and milk. After cooking about five pancakes, he sat down and began chomping down on the food drizzled with maple syrup. He could’ve prepared chocolate syrup, but he had no choice, because the chocolate syrup already ran out and maple syrup is all he had. After a few minutes, he was already putting the plate on the sink and was off to the living room to sit on the sofa. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and stared at Jungkook’s message to him.

… I really like you…

Jimin’s eyes kept running across those four words. He tapped on the text box and took a deep breath before typing.

 

To: Kookie

Are you kidding me? Stop fooling around.

 

“This is too harsh!” Jimin exclaimed as he furiously tapped the backspace button. He thought of another more gentle approach.

 

To: Kookie

I think I just might have interest in you, too! Do you want to date?

 

“What the !” Jimin shouted to no one in particular as he cleared the screen. “I am not even sure if I really like him that way!” he continued. He took deep breaths and sighed. “Ok. Jimin, think. Clear your mind.”

 

To: Kookie

Sorry for the late reply. Can we meet at the café later? At around 10 am?

 

Jimin looked at the clock which read ‘9:00 am’, and nodded in contentment with his message. He hit ‘send’ and walked to back to his room to take a shower. While showering, he thought about what might happen later. What if Jungkook won’t show up? What if he’s really upset or something? He asked himself. What if he was actually just fooling around and testing me? Jimin slapped himself at that thought. He didn’t know why, but when that thought crossed his mind, he kind of felt… disappointed? Well, he knew he shouldn’t be feeling that way. So what if he’s just kidding? It’s better that way. Isn’t it? Jimin found himself trying to convince his ego that he shouldn’t expect too much.

After showering, he went out of the shower and dried himself up. He took out casual clothes from the closet and wore them before taking the house and car keys and driving to the café.

Jungkook’s bedroom door slowly opened as his father peeped through it. He was there to wake Jungkook up, because breakfast is already ready and they want to eat together.

“Jungkook, breakfast is ready. Get up now.” His appa said as he tried to nudge Jungkook to wake him. But Jungkook only stirred a little and turned his back on his father. “Why do you have to be a heavy sleeper? I swear, what time did you sleep last night?”

His father was about to leave to give Jungkook more time to rest when he heard something ring. He grabbed the lit-up phone of Jungkook and saw that he had a new message. It says ‘Jiminie-hyung’

“Jiminie? Is that his name? And why did this Jiminie text Jungkook this early?” the man mumbled. Then, suddenly, the phone was snatched from his hand.

“What? Jimin-hyung texted me?” Jungkook asked almost frantically. His father laughed at how fast he woke up and reacted when he heard Jimin’s name.

“Hey, what is his name? Is it Jimin, or Jiminie?” His father chuckled. He watched as Jungkook scanned the text and as his eyes went wider by the second. Moments later, Jungkook tossed his phone and ran to the bathroom to wash his face. His father picked the phone up and read the text.

 

From: Jiminie-hyung

Sorry for the late reply. Can we meet at the café later? At around 10 am?

 

He just smiled and put the phone down and happily skipped to the dining room to wait for Jungkook.

Meanwhile, Jungkook hysterically washed his bloated face. Afterwards, he ran to the dining area and sat down on his chair, impatiently tapping his feet on the floor. His glance kept shifting between his mother carrying the food from the kitchen to the dining room and the clock hanging on the dining room wall. He was barely keeping himself from shouting ‘mom can you please move faster?’. Oh my god… it’s already 9:10 am and he wants us to meet at ten… I need to prepare and – ugh! Jungkook panicked inside his head. He doesn’t want to make Jimin even more upset by showing up late in their meeting place. So as soon as his mom put the plate down in front of him, he looked like a poor street child that hasn’t eaten for weeks. If it was possible, he could’ve eaten everything in one go.

“Uhm… Jungkook, did Jimin-ssi reply already?” his eomma asked. Jungkook swallowed the food in his mouth and drank a gulp of water before responding.

“Yes, eomma, and he wants to meet me at Jin-hyung’s café at ten, and it’s already 9:20 am.” Jungkook hurriedly answered. His mother suddenly stood up from her seat and slammed her palms on the table.

“Then what are you doing here?! Go now and take a shower and prepare! I’ll just give you extra money so you can eat later at Jin’s café!” His mother exclaimed.

“Oh, yeah! And I’ll just drive you to the mall, if you want.” His father suggested. And with that, Jungkook stood up and ran to his bedroom and took a shower. While showering, he was thinking how his parents could be this supportive. Like, he had heard and read of stories of gay people getting beaten up and disowned by their parents when they come out. He was so lucky his parents are very supportive. He quickly cleaned himself under the shower, and while still dripping wet, he came out of the shower room and flung the closet open to scan his wardrobe for clothes. He dried his body while pulling out one shirt after another, then throwing out pants. After putting on about five different combinations and making his own elimination round, he settled for one pair.

He hurriedly went out of his room and bid his mother goodbye before stepping outside, where his appa was already waiting inside the car. Jungkook ran around the back and opened the door to the seat beside his father. Then, off they went to the mall.

Along the way to the mall, Jungkook’s father couldn’t help but notice how agitated Jungkook is right now. He was constantly checking on his phone, his feet tapping on the car floor, his fingers running through his hair every minute. When they stopped in front of the mall, just before Jungkook opened the car door, his father put his hand on his lap.

“Jungkook.” He said in a serious, caring tone. “It will be ok. Don’t be too nervous, ok?” He said with a smile. Jungkook nodded and muttered ‘thanks’ before he left the car and entered the mall.

Jungkook half-walked half-ran to the corner in the mall where the café is. He kept glancing at his watch to know what time it is, and by result, he kept on bumping other people. But he’s too focused right now to care. He just had to make it in time to the café, or even better, he should arrive there earlier than Jimin. Just before he was in front of the café, he stopped.

“Ok, Jungkook, no matter what happens.” He said to himself. After taking deep breaths, he slowly walked to the front door, scanning the café through transparent walls. He felt a wave of relief go through him when he was sure Jimin wasn’t there yet.

Jungkook went inside the café and chose to seat where Jimin and he sat yesterday. He went took out his phone and laid it on top of the table and waited. He watched as the second hand of his watch ticked. He was five minutes early.

Jin saw Jungkook enter the café looking nervous. He looked nervous enough to forget to address him, or just give him a smile or nod of acknowledgement. He walked to where Jungkook was and took the seat opposite him.

“Good morning, Jungkook.” Jin greeted.

“Good morning, hyung.” Jungkook greeted without energy. Jin frowned at the obviously tensed teen in front of him.

“Why are you here?” Jin asked. “I don’t remember informing you today that Jimin is here.” He continued.

“Yah! Hyung, really? You think I’ll just go to your café just to see Jimin-hyung?” Jungkook whined, slapping Jin’s shoulder with his hand. Jin laughed at Jungkook’s complaint.

“No! Of course not! But seriously though, what are you doing here? You look all tensed up and nervous.” Jin asked. Jungkook looked at him and sighed.

“Ok. Jimin-hyung texted me about an hour ago that he wants to meet me here in your café.” Jungkook explained. There was unbound silence between the two for a few moments, until Jin suddenly laughed. “What’s funny?”

“How romantic!” Jin exclaimed, posing like he was a princess with his hands on one side on his head and looking up at the ceiling.

“Hyung! It isn’t romantic! Not at all!” Jungkook shouted, shocking Jin out of his fairy tale mode. “If you only know what happened and how I ended up waiting here, you would feel all the secondhand embarrassment.”

“How bad was it, really?” Jin asked with concern in his voice.

“It’s so bad, I wanted to cut my head off.” Jungkook retorted. “Imagine, what if someone you just met a few hours ago texts you and tells you he really likes you?” Jungkook asked.

“Well… I… I…” Jin tried to answer, but he didn’t know what it would feel like.

“See? That’s what happened. I just ing texted Jimin-hyung by ing mistake that I ing like him, and now maybe he thinks that I am a ing creep.” Jungkook declared.

“What? Did you say to him you like ing him? All I understood is the word ‘ing’.” Jin laughed. Jungkook hit him again in the same shoulder, but this time, it was loaded. “Ouch!”

“Hyung, it’s not funny.” Jungkook snorted.

Jimin walked to the café through the halls of the mall. I still have five minutes. No need to rush. Jimin thought as he rounded the corner and went into the café. He spotted Jungkook, talking with a guy in uniform. He slowly walked to them and took a deep breath before speaking.

“So, you know the owner of the café?” Jimin asked out of nowhere, shocking both Jungkook and Jin. Jin stood up and greeted Jimin, a greeting which Jimin gladly returned. Jimin then looked over at Jungkook, who was also looking at him.

Both were tongue tied.

Oh my god he’s here… what should I do now? How do I start this? Will he say he’s going to hate me and stay away from me forever? Oh please god no please… Those thoughts ran around Jungkook’s mind like a mad stallion. Is this the end?

Jimin, on the other hand, was shocked for another reason. One reason was the issue they are about to talk about. But another was right there, sitting on a chair. He couldn’t get his eyes off Jungkook. Why does he look so good to me right now? I just saw him yesterday and I’m sure he didn’t look this good… Oh my god what’s happening to me? Jimin is barely resisting the urge to touch Jungkook. He swallowed hard at the sight before him. Since when did he have this impact on me? Jimin asked as he felt something tightening in his clothes.

“Yeah, we were childhood friends.” Jin answered, snapping both Jimin and Jungkook back to reality. “Now, if you’d excuse me, I need to work now.” Jin politely said as he left the two to their business. As soon as Jin went out of sight, Jimin slowly took a seat on the newly vacated spot.

Silence. Awkward, heart-pounding silence. That was the perfect way to describe what was going on in Jungkook and Jimin’s table. Neither side knows how to strike a conversation. Both of them are afraid to open their mouths. They just sat there, looking at anywhere or anything – anything except the other.

Finally, Jimin decided he needs to man up. “So… uhmm – “

“LookJiminHyungI’mSoSorryForTheTextLastNight.ItWasAnAccidentReallyBecauseEommaIsJustTooPersistentAndKeptOnBuggingMeIHadNoIdeaWhatHappenedThatIActuallyTypedThoseWordsInIAmJustSoSorryPleaseDon’tHateMe.” Jungkook suddenly cut in. Just after that, he in a lot of air and panted. Jimin stared at him in shock at the sudden outburst.

“W-Woah! Calm down, Kookie. I only understood the words ‘hate’ and ‘sorry’. Now, calm down, and repeat.” Jimin tried to calm Jungkook down. Jungkook nodded and sighed.

“Look, Jimin-hyung, I’m so sorry for the text last night. It was an accident, really! Because Eomma is just too persistent and kept on bugging me, I had no idea what happened that I actually typed those words. I am just so sorry, please don’t hate me.” Jungkook slowly explained. Jimin listened to him and nodded at the details. When Jungkook didn’t receive a response, he continued talking. “I’ll understand if I freaked you out, and that you are now starting to hate me and that you’d want to stay away from me. But I just want to tell you that I don’t want that to happen, but based from how stupid my action was, I will not be surprised if you don’t want to see me ever again after this.” Jungkook said, almost on the verge of crying because of his own words. It would just hurt him like hell if his relationship with Jimin would end even before it started.

But what he heard from Jimin shocked him.

“Is it true?” Jimin softly asked, but loud enough for Jungkook to hear. Jungkook’s eyes widened.

“W-What?” Jungkook stuttered.

“Is what you said in the text true? Did you mean it when you said that you…” Jimin hesitated before saying the words. It still didn’t sink in. “that you… like me?” Jimin half-closed his one eye and waited for an answer. He didn’t know why, but somehow, he’d be a bit disappointed if it wasn’t true.

Jungkook thought about Jimin’s question. He still couldn’t process it. He was still focused on the thought that Jimin will hate him and will not want to see him again. He closed his eyes and dug deep inside his pile of emotions. Did I mean it? Do I really like him? Jungkook asked himself. Don’t think about it, Jungkook, just follow your heart. He thought again and cleared his mind of all the thoughts. He opened his eyes again and took a deep breath.

“Yes, hyung. I like you. A lot.” Jungkook admitted. There was no hiding it. It would come out sooner or later so might as well say it now, while Jimin is the one asking. “I know you might be curious, or maybe even disgusted, because I am so easy and fell immediately for you, even though we just learned about each other yesterday. But since I laid my eyes upon your smile, I knew you had it in you. I knew I would be thinking about you.”

Jimin was caught off guard by Jungkook’s words. He didn’t want to Jungkook to say that it was not true, but he didn’t expect to hear THAT. Jungkook just praised him. He felt all fluffy inside.

“Yah… actually…” Jimin started. “Actually, it’s alright. I was shocked at first, but you know what?” Jimin asked, making Jungkook look at him with big warm puppy eyes. “I really think you are very adorable and fun to be with. I’d be lying if I say that I wasn’t interested in you, of course I am. But I think we should start off by, you know, getting to know each other more.”

Jungkook was shocked. He wasn’t expecting Jimin to accept him. Not at all. Although it wasn’t a yes, at least it wasn’t a no either. He felt his lips curve up to a smile and his cheeks become redder and redder. He’s embarrassed, but it was nothing compared to how happy he was feeling at the moment. He watched as Jimin leaned closer and smiled at him.

“So, how about a drink and a blueberry cheesecake?”