Dreams

My Immortal

HELLO!!! So… I just dropped by to post this chapter update! Sorry for taking long… my college life is no joke T.T Seriously though…

I actually have written the plots of the next three chapters. But I haven’t made the story yet. I can’t find time for it because school is really busy.

I really hope you guys would stay with me in this story until the very end…

And by the way… Where do I need the karma points for? Ahaha… I don’t think I’ll be using them, so if you NEED karma points, just ask me via comment of message. :)

ANYWAY… Here’s the chapter! Enjoy!(?)


XVI

Dreams


Jungkook’s POV:

 

With my backpack slung behind me, I walked along the way to my school. It’s a Monday morning, and usually, I hate Mondays, because it is like saying to me that ‘hello , start of your boring five days in school!!!’. But ever since I started this thing with Jimin, everyday felt like a birthday. Today is extra special, though. Yesterday, I wasn’t able to see Jimin. I was ready to die yesterday from too much boredom. I really didn’t have any school work to do. I didn’t have any plans aside from stay with Jimin the whole day. I also didn’t have enough money to go to the mall and shop for random items.

But even though I know I might die from too much boredom, I also believe that Jimin needs to spend time with other people aside from me, like with his friends, especially with Taehyung, with whom Jimin just made up with.

But right now, I am just happy that that day already came to pass, and today is another busy school day where in the end I get my prize – I will get to see and meet up with Jimin again.

With that in mind, I continued walking to school. When I entered the school premises, I was greeted by most of my batch mates, mostly girls. I didn’t mind the extra fame, though. Ever since it was announced that my standings have improved dramatically and that I am already part of the batch’s ‘big ten’, my popularity also began skyrocketing. I was not shocked when I noticed that more people are greeting me and talking to me – I know that they are amazed by how much I improved. I was also amazed by myself, actually.

My day in the class went on smoothly. I just sat on my usual seat and listened to the teacher’s endless babble about the subject matter, and took down some notes. During lunch break, I just went to the cafeteria alone, and ate something before going back to the room to wait for the next teacher’s arrival, only to seat again and listen and take down notes.

The second to the last subject for today is writing. After the teacher discussed about the topic, which was writing a critique paper for movies, books, and other stuff, she sat down on her chair and called everyone’s attention.

“Okay, class, listen!” The teacher’s voice resounded in the room. All the students, including me, spun our heads around to face her. “You’re going to make your own critique paper.”

The whole room chorused with groans of frustration and disappointment. The teacher had to shush us down before she continued discussing the activity. “A movie is going to have its premiere this weekend. You are required to watch that movie. But don’t just watch! You have to pay keen attention to the details discussed in this class for today. Because I am going to look for those things in the critique paper that you are going to submit next week, Monday.” The teacher said with finality. After checking if everyone understood what was required of us, she bid her good bye and went on her way to her office, or maybe her next class.

I turned my notebook to another section where I am going to write my notes for the next subject, and stayed on my seat to wait for the teacher. A few moments later, the teacher for the last subject went inside the room. He wasn’t carrying anything with him.

“Good afternoon, class.” He greeted us. We replied with an unsynchronized greeting, the voices mostly sounding sleepy. The teacher stopped under the doorway, and did not proceed to his table.

 “I am going to attend to an emergency meeting among faculty members, and it’s going to last for at least two hours. Which means… class is dismissed. Have a good day.” He announce before turning again to continue walking along the hallway. My classmates started looking at each other for a few seconds, before everyone burst into loud cheers and claps of happiness. Everyone quickly packed their belongings, excited for the extra time given.

After finishing stuffing all my things into my backpack, I leisurely walked to the outside. I checked my phone to look at the time, and saw that there was still about an hour before the actual dismissal time. I don’t want to go home yet for obvious reasons – I want to wait for Jimin for him to fetch me and drive me to my house. It really didn’t matter if he drove me to my house, actually, it would be better if we would just walk, because that also means I get to spend more time with him.

“What am I going to do while waiting for Jimin-hyung?” I asked myself loudly. Like what I said, I don’t have enough money to go to the cafeteria and eat the whole hour away. I also am not really into sports, simply because I was never in the mood to learn them. Well, I dance a bit, but I don’t think dancing alone for one hour is fun.

After listing down all the things that I CAN’T do for the rest of the time, all that was left was walk around. Our school is big enough for that, but the problem is, I don’t really know what place is interesting enough for me to visit. So I just walked around for some time, until I came found myself standing in front of the school garden.

“Maybe taking a look inside will not hurt, right?” I said. Throughout my four years of studying in this school, you can count with your fingers the number of times I visited the school garden. I didn’t have enough energy and time to walk to the garden.

I entered the fenced area and started looking around the whole place. There were lots of plants, obviously. There was also a fountain. Unlike other gardens that I have seen in the past, the school garden is more organized. The plants were arranged carefully.

I continued walking inside the school garden, and I came upon a spot with benches. I was about to take a seat on one of the benches when something caught my eye.

A handkerchief.

There really wasn’t anything interesting about the piece of cloth currently sitting on top of one of the benches. But the thing is, it wasn’t the first time I saw the same handkerchief.

It was the same cloth I saw in one of my dreams.

I started walking to the bench on where the handkerchief was. I felt like I was being drawn to it – like it was beckoning for me to come closer and approach it. I picked the handkerchief up and examined it. The more I looked at the cloth, the more vivid the memory of the dream became. I was so convinced that it really was the same handkerchief that I saw drifting in my dream.

I have to options. First, I can bring the handkerchief with me. I was really intrigued by my unusual dream, making me want to take the hankie with me even more. Second, I don’t really know who the owner of the handkerchief is. It would be a bit disgusting if I were to bring home something which owner I don’t even know.

But I ended up bringing it anyway. I picked the handkerchief up and patted it to get rid of particulate dirt before I stuffed it inside my bag. I continued to wander inside the completely-deserted garden, looking at the picnic grounds, and the trees that are conveniently situated around the area to provide shade. When I got a bit tired, I decided to check the time. I was glad to see that it was already dismissal time.

I quickly got out of the garden and sped toward the place where Jimin and I usually meet after school for him to drive me to my home. When I got there, I didn’t have to wait for him, because he’s already standing outside his car, watching the other cars pass by.

Jimin snapped his head to my direction, an almost immediately, his lips curved up to a smile. I found myself blushing a bit when he did that. I know I should be used to his smile by now, but I can’t help it but swoon big time when he flashes me that killer smile.

I went over to and greeted him.

“Hello, hyung!”

“Hi, Kookie!” He happily answered. “How’s your day?”

“Fine, I guess. It just got a lot better when I saw you.” I sheepishly snickered, making him slightly cringe from my cheesy speech.

“Eww… Kookie stop that.” He playfully chided. And we that, he opened the car door for me. Once I was inside, he quickly made his way around the car to go inside through that other door.

He started the engine of the car and began to drive to my place. He was singing along the way, and also smiling at nothing. Not that I mind it, of course – I am more than happy to see him like that. But I wanted to know the reason.

“Wow… hyung, so seem to be in a great mood today!” I chuckled. “Did you get a promotion?”

He looked at me in confusion before laughing. “Really? Do I look like THAT happy?” He asked. I only hummed in response, along with a nod. “Nah… I didn’t get a promotion. I don’t know… I woke up in with a good mood?”

“That’s great then… maybe you had a really good night sleep with a sweet dream about me…” I said to him with a smirk. He wasn’t taken aback by my words – he smirked back at me.

“Well… maybe if you would consider dreams about you sweet, then why not?” He chuckled, making me blush all of a sudden.

“OMG stay away from me you !” I screamed, giving him a mock push. He only laughed more. Since we were talking about dreams, I suddenly remembered my weird one.

“Oh… speaking of dreams… I actually had this one weird dream.” I started. He just kept his gaze on the road, and motioned for me to keep going with my story. “I was in front of some… building. Then, out of one of the windows, a handkerchief flew and drifted in the breeze. I went over to pick the handkerchief up, and found out that it was slightly wet. Then, I padded over to house from where it came from, and started knocking at the door. And guess what? I was actually calling out ‘hyung!’ to call the person inside.”

“W-Woah… That’s p-pretty creepy.” Jimin answered.

“I know right… The thing is, I really don’t recognize the house. What was bothering me was the fact that I was calling him hyung.” I continued. I saw his prominent Adam’s apple bob, indicating that he swallowed hard. He just kept his silence when told him that. I was wondering what he thinks about my dream. He can’t even say anything more that ‘that’s creepy’? And why did he stutter? I found myself asking.

Maybe he just really found the dream creepy. Or maybe he’s just too focused on driving safely to think of a response. Or maybe he was just disturbed. Yeah… there’s a lot of possible reasons.

I shook my thoughts off and just continued watching the road, and sometimes watching him drive. After a few more minutes of silence, we finally arrived in front of my house. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and started stepping out of the car. Just before I closed the door, I remembered my plan for the two of us for the coming weekend.

“Hyung!” he looked at me and raised his eyebrows innocently. “Do you want to watch a movie this weekend?”

He quickly smiled at me and nodded. “Of course! That’d be fun!”

“It’s a date then!” I absent-mindedly blurted, causing my own ears to go red from embarrassment. Stupid Jungkook…

“Yep! It’s a date!” He answered. “Good day, Kookie!”

“O-Okay… bye, hyung. Thanks for the ride and for the time. Take care.” I said before completely pushing the door shut. I watched his car as it moved away from me, until I couldn’t see it anymore.

When I entered the living room, I was greeted by a sobbing sound, both coming from the TV set, and the one who’s watching it. She’s crying again…

“Good afternoon, eomma.” I greeted her. She quickly looked up at me with her blood-shot eyes and wiped her wet cheeks before she smiled at me.

“Welcome home, Jungkook.” She greeted back.

“So… what happened to them this time?” I asked her nonchalantly.

“The couple broke up.” She sobbed out. “It was so sad!!!”

“Why did they break up? Did she catch the man cheating on her with her best friend?” I asked mockingly, not even knowing if the girl in the show even had a best friend.

“No… they broke up because the man had a dark past…” She weakly answered, still trying to stifle some sobs. DARK PAST?! Like what the hell was that?

I tried not to, but I really can’t help it but let out a strangled laugh. I clutched my aching stomach that resulted from too much laughing. I really found the reason for the break up really funny.

My mom stood up from her seat and sent a glare to my direction. “YAH! YOU HEARTLESS BRAT!!! HOW CAN LAUGH ABOUT IT?!” She screamed, but instead of making me stop, her outbreak only made the situation even funnier. And more pathetic.

“Eomma, I just couldn’t buy it… I mean, look! That’s just too dramatic to be true!” I laughed. While sobbing, eomma suddenly made her way to me and began beating the hell out of me. “YAH!!!”

“HOW DARE YOU MOCK THEIR SITUATION?! THAT CAN HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE, YOU KNOW!” She continued hitting me until I finally escaped her and locked her out of my room. She kept hitting the poor wooden door, making me doubt if I will still have my old door after tonight. “I’M NOT YET DONE WITH YOU!!!”

I patted all the wrinkles and nonexistent dust from my uniform, stretching my severed body parts. After removing the layers of clothes and getting changed to my home clothes, I sat on the edge of my bed and pulled out a particular item from my bag.

I just stared at the handkerchief while I held it with one hand. Why did I even dream about this handkerchief when this is the first time that I saw it? I asked myself. After a few more moments of examining the cloth, I grew tired of it and put it down on my bedside table before I took a quick nap before dinner.

And then I dreamed again.

I was standing in front of a huge building. This time, I wasn’t intrigued by it. I instantly recognized the building as one of those in my school, the one that I would climb hastily to the second floor to just to get to my class on time.

Then, I started running.

Maybe this isn’t one of those creepy dreams… I thought. I continued running to the building, so I simply thought I am dreaming about running late for school again, and then I would get a special mention from my teacher.

But to my surprise, I continued running up the stairs, past the second floor, where my classroom is. I kept climbing to the third floor. Then, I continued running down the halls, and after a few seconds, I came to a stop. I was faced with an unfamiliar door of a classroom. I found myself reaching for the knob, and slowly turning it, until the click of the door was heard. I warily pushed the door ajar, and entered the almost-empty classroom.

The room was deserted, not just by humans, but by anything. There were no electric fans. There were no shelves. The teacher’s table and chair were missing. Also, the students’ chairs were gone. It was only me, and two chairs. And another thing.

I slowly approached the two chairs that were seating side by side inside the room. I didn’t have to check to know that the handkerchief lying on top of one of the chair’s arm rest was the same handkerchief in my other dream – the same handkerchief that I just picked up from the school garden bench about an hour ago. I was about to reach for it when I heard a loud knocking on the door. I snapped my head at the direction of the door, and gulped hard. I quickly looked at the handkerchief again before going to the door to open it.

“Jungkook! Dinner’s ready!” I heard eomma scream from the other side of my locked bedroom door as she continued knocking. I stood up from my bed and spared the piece of cloth lying on top of my bedside table before heading to the door. “Yah! Jungkook I swear if you don’t answer I’ll – “

“Coming!” I announced before opening the door. She looked at me for a while, as if examining my expression, before she headed downstairs to the dining room, with me closely following behind.

Even while eating, I still thought about the weird dreams that I was having lately, and the handkerchief that I picked up in school, and the fact that it’s actually the thing that makes my dreams extra creepy isn’t helping relieve my anxiety.

“Yah, Jungkook, is there something bothering you?” Eomma asked. So… she noticed?

I quickly contemplated on telling her my dream, and I decided to tell her anyway – maybe she can help me.

“I’ve been having… weird dreams lately, eomma.” I answered her, refusing to look at her and just staring at my plate. “In my dreams, there was always an object. It’s like the focus of my dreams.” I told her. When I looked up, she was nodding.

“Hmmmm… maybe you’re thinking about the object too much?” She suggested.

“Eomma, the thing is, the first time that I saw that object was in my dream. And why would I even think too much about a handkerchief?” I asked her. She nodded again. “And what made it extra creepy is the fact that I just picked up the same object in the school garden a while ago.”

“Wow… that’s… creepy.” She answered me before she resumed eating. She also thinks my dream is creepy…

“Even Jimin-hyung said that when I told him my dreams. He also said it was creepy.” I said to her.

“Because it really is.” She answered again.

The rest of the dinner was of comfortable silence. When we finished eating, I headed back to my room to take a quick shower to cleanse myself before going to bed. Though that was pretty pointless, after taking a nap a while ago. When I finished, I waited for my hair and body to dry completely before I went over to my bed and sat on the edge to get ready. I lifted my covers, preparing to snuggle under them, when I saw the handkerchief again. I reluctantly took it in my hand and sighed.

“What are you, really? What are you in my life?” I asked out loud before putting it inside the drawer and lying down on my bed, hoping to get some sleep with a a sweet dream with Jimin.