I'm So Tired Of Being Here

My Immortal

Hi gusy! Thank you so much for the comments! I really appreciate them! :))
And since I'll be going back to school again on Monday (I'm leaving for the capital tomorrow... live alone again, just like Jimin here ahahaha) so I want to say sorry in advance because updates will be even rarer than they already are. T_T
And... In this chapter ehehehe I'm not so sure about YB's age lol but... I think he's 1987? So I'll just give them a ten-year gap ahahaha

So... Without further a do, here's the chapter! Enjoy!(?)


XLII

I’m So Tired Of Being Here


Author’s POV:

 

“You look tired.” Jimin said as he passed by Namjoon’s office to give him the papers the older requested. The boy took notice of the older’s eyes that were threatening to drop on the floor, weighed down by the bags under them.

“I am tired.” Namjoon answered. “I pulled off an allnighter last night to finish the proposal due in about thirty minutes.”

“Seriously?” Jimin asked. “Did you even eat breakfast?”

“Not… yet.” The taller answered.

“Ugh… you’re telling me to stop overworking myself when you’re the one who needs breaks!” Jimin huffed. “Wait here. I’ll bring you breakfast.”

“Thanks, Jimin.” Namjoon smiled tiredly. “By the way, you look fresh. You slept well?”

“Of course, I mean, I have to.” The younger said. “I’m sure we’re going to get trashed tonight, so I need to charge up!”

Namjoon only let out a chuckle before Jimin left the other’s office in favor of walking to the nearby bakery. Last night, he had a pretty good sleep – better than his passed out moments in the office when he was working his nights away. Yoongi had informed them that Momo’s children’s party was going to start in the afternoon and end at seven in the evening, and Yoongi’s close-friends-adults-only party will start from that point until they pass out.

He quickly bought hot chocolate – because he knew the older had probably already downed gallons of coffee last night, an amount too much even for someone as healthy as him – and bagels. It was still morning but the streets were already filled with cars, making the environment not so ideal to enjoy walking outside, so Jimin immediately headed back to the confines of the great building he had been working in for nearly five years now.

Jimin entered the room just in time to see Namjoon’s eyelids closing shut as he swayed back and forth.

“HYUNG!” Jimin shouted when he saw Namjoon’s form falling forward to his open laptop, effectively waking the older up and ultimately avoiding him from breaking the laptop he just bought as replacement for the one he ended up knocking off his table a few months back.

“Oh… hi.” Namjoon said, stifling a yawn as he stood up and headed to his printer. “Just… finished the proposal.”

“I can see that. You would not dare blinking for even a fraction of a second if you weren’t done yet.” Said Jimin, shoving the bag of food that he bought for the older. “Eat up. To whom will I give this?”

“Sir Park Jinyoung.”

Jimin nodded before muttering an “I’ll be back” and leaving the office to give the papers to the man a few floors above theirs. The delivery was quick, he just handed the files over and bowed to show respect before going back to Namjoon’s office to talk to him. His own workload was not as heavy as usual, so he can afford talking to his friend a little longer than usual.

When he came back, Jimin found Namjoon already fitting the last bit of the piece of bagel he was eating into his mouth.

“You seem hungry.” Jimin chuckled.

“Yeah, really hungry.” Namjoon answered around another piece of the delicious pastry. “Ah… I’m so tired and sleepy. I think I’ll go home after this breakfast.”

“You should do that, hyung.” Jimin nodded. “By the way, where’s Hoseok-hyung?”

“I don’t know.” Namjoon answered. “All I know is that he filed a leave yesterday to prepare for the party later. I guess it will be THAT big, if Hoseok needed to stop working for today.”

Jimin furrowed his brows, thinking if Yoongi said something that concerned them not holding dance lessons today. When he could not recall a thing, he turned to the other person in the room.

“Weird… I don’t remember Yoongi-hyung telling me we don’t have dance lessons today.” Jimin said, looking on the floor, still trying to recall anything he might have missed. When he looked up to Namjoon, the said boy was looking at him with a knowing smirk.

“Are you thinking of what I am thinking of?” Namjoon asked, causing the two to burst into laughter.

“Yeah, yeah.” Jimin answered. “It’s either that or THAT!”

They stayed with each other for a few minutes longer before Jimin retired to his own office to start his day at work. It will be a long day for him, and it is just getting started.


Jungkook woke up way earlier than usual, so he went out of the house to take a stroll around the neighborhood. He knew why exactly his body decided to interrupt his sleep. It was because of the event later in the evening. He could not get the fact that Taehyung and Jimin are both going to be there out of his mind, to the point that he even started dreaming about it.

What was bothering Jungkook even more was that he was sure that there will be liquor involved. He had his first drink when he was living with Youngbae, and according to him, he was quite a handful when he is drunk.

And in that case, he cannot be drunk later in the evening. He does not want to say things that he should not be saying.

That is where Jungkook needs Youngbae for. He needed someone to control him – to watch over him and his actions because he is fully aware that emotions sometimes dictate the actions of a person.

Jungkook stepped inside his house to hear utensils from the dining room.

“Oh, you’re up early.” Jungkook’s mother smiled at the youngest, already taking her seat.

“Yeah…” Jungkook agreed. “Good morning.”

Both Youngbae and Mrs. Jeon greeted him back. Jungkook turned to his cousin, who was already getting his face stuffed with the pancakes they have for breakfast.

“Hyung, are you ready for the party later?” Jungkook asked, even though he knows he should be the one who was receiving the question.

The elder raised his brow at him. “To whom are you talking, to? I’m born to party!” He answered, making everyone around the table laugh.

“Just… wear casual clothes, okay?” Jungkook reminded the elder. “We’re going to a children’s party and a close-friends-only party, not a concert party or something like that.”

“Sure!”


Jimin let out a relieved sigh before hitting “send”, smiling in delight as he waited for the confirmation that the file he has been working on for the whole day has been sent. He just finished editing the document for a second time already since he started making it days prior.

Once he was sure that it had really been sent, Jimin closed his laptop. He then stood up and stretched, sighing in relief with every kink. He then started moving things on his table and cleaned things up before leaving the office room. Namjoon had already left after the breakfast that Jimin bought for him, going home to catch as much sleep as he possibly can before the party.

Jimin went to his car in the parking lot and started to drive to the dance studio to teach students. He briefly thought about Hoseok’s absence, which was totally not needed, judging from the lack of updates from Yoongi. He smiled at the thought – if Namjoon and he were right about it, then it would be a very big night for the couple.

When he arrived in the dance studio, Yoongi and Momo were already inside, just like what Jimin expected.

“Happy birthday!” Jimin suddenly greeted the two who were surprised out of their own little world of music. Momo immediately ran to Jimin and asked for her present, to which Jimin just laughed. After convincing the small energetic girl about the sense of surprises, he turned to the eldest in the room.

“Why don’t we just cancel today’s session?” Jimin asked, subtly trying to obtain more information about Hoseok’s sudden leave.

He was answered with a confused look from the pale male. “Why should we do that?”

“You know… the party later.”

“Oh, that.” Yoongi chuckled. “Everything’s already set, since yesterday. We’ve got nothing to worry about.”

Jimin just nodded at his hyung, trying his best to prevent the smile that was tugging on his lips from showing. Even though he tried so hard, Yoongi still noticed the change in his expression.

“What are you smiling at?” Yoongi asked.

“Nothing, hyung.” Jimin answered, making the elder even more determined to know what was in Jimin’s mind. “I’m just excited.”

“Hmm…” Yoongi hummed, and he almost wrestled the admittedly-stronger male if not for the students that started to fill the studio. Since it was already time for work, Yoongi had to set the thought aside.


“WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TAKE TOO LONG?!” Youngbae practically yelled as he was in the living room, locked out of his cousin’s door. He was already in his attire for thirty minutes now, but they just could not leave – not when Jungkook, who was actually the one invited, was not ready yet.

“WAIT, HYUNG!” Jungkook yelled back, slamming his hand that was holding the eyeliner on the table. “… I just can’t get it right!” Jungkook whispered to himself. After a few more attempts, Jungkook gave up on the cosmetics and sighed. I guess it’s just not my day.

He then grabbed his phone and, posing a little bit, takes a photo of himself. He smiled a bit after appreciating his own looks.

After locking his phone again and making sure that he did not leave anything important, Jungkook turned to the door and went out of his room.

Youngbae stood up from the couch when he heard the door opening and closing, and was about to scold the younger when he saw him.

Silence stretched in the living room as Jungkook awkwardly stayed rooted in his spot, waiting for Youngbae to say something. On other hand, Youngbae scanned the looks of the boy from head to toe, and back up.

Then, all of a sudden, Youngbae started laughing.

Jungkook’s forehead scrunched up as he looked at his guffawing cousin, confused as to why he reacted like that. Do I have something on my face? Is my shirt inside out? Is my hair a mess? Is my smudged eyeliner too obvious? Jungkook asked himself. What the hell is happening?

“W-What?” Jungkook voiced out his concern. It took some time for Youngbae to come down from his high and be stable enough to answer Jungkook.

“It’s just that…” Youngbae started, taking his time to catch his breath. “You went telling me to wear casual clothes, and then here you are, clad in everything that is leather!” Youngbae roared, laughing again. “And you even used eyeliner!”

Jungkook felt his cheeks heat up from the embarrassment, but he quickly went to his cousin and dragged him out of the house. He would never admit it outloud, but he kind of wanted Jimin to notice him. It will be very hard to beat Taehyung in the “gorgeous contest”, so he needed to take it to the next level.

“Just shut up and drive.” Jungkook said, pushing the older, who was still laughing, into the car. “And this time, do so carefully.”

When the two arrived in the house/mansion that was situated on the address Yoongi gave the younger, they doubted for a while if they were in the right place. If it was not for the poster outside saying “happy birthday, Momo” in gay font, they would have turned around to look for some other place.

After parking the car, Jungkook and Youngbae entered the place. They were already a few guests walking around the relatively huge yard, but it was easy to tell that the party was yet to start.

Jungkook looked around, and spotted Yoongi walking around the place, talking to men in uniform Jungkook assumed were the staff.  It was like Yoongi was instructing them were to put setups. It was already getting a bit dark, so Jungkook thought that there were only minimal details missing that the staff were still trying to polish. There were balloons, as to be expected from a children’s party. Jungkook smiled when he saw one child pointing up to a balloon, his eyes pleading for his mother to get it for him.

“Oh, Jungkook.” Yoongi’s voice snapped him out of his peaceful thoughts. “You’re earlier than everyone else, actually.”

“Really?” Jungkook thought. “That’s surprising to hear, really. I thought I took too long preparing.”

“Yeah, I can see that.” Yoongi said, smirking. “Tell me, are you here to attend a birthday party or to get laid?”

“YAH!”

“Oh, hello.” Yoongi suddenly said, his eyes fixed on the male behind Jungkook. “I think I know you.”

“Y-You do?” Jungkook asked, suddenly nervous, because what if Yoongi-hyung knows?

“Yeah…” Yoongi answered. “It’s… uhmm… Dong, right? Dong… Dong…”

“Dong Youngbae.” The oldest finally said, smiling a bit at the pale male.

“YES!” Yoongi exclaimed. “Yes, I remember now! You graduated from the same school as Jungkookie, right?” The other nodded as a response. “I graduated there, too!”

“Oh, I see.” Youngbae said. “You’re… pale.”

Jungkook and Yoongi chuckled at the same time.

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” Yoongi answered. “And by the way… not to be rude or something… but… why are you here?”

“Hyung.” Jungkook said, suddenly lacing his fingers with the older. “Remember when I asked you if I could bring my boyfriend with me?”

“Oh… so… you’re Jungkook’s boyfriend?”

“Yes.”

“I met him when I was on a vacation in Paris, hyung.” Jungkook said. “We immediately stuck together, since we’re both Koreans.”

“I see.” Yoongi nodded.

“Appa?” A small girl’s voice entered the conversation. Everyone diverted their gazes lower, focusing of the innocent little child that was clinging onto Yoongi’s pants.

“Who are they?”

Yoongi smiled, easily picking up Momo. “Momo, this is uncle Jungkook, and this one is uncle Youngbae.” Yoongi said, pointing to each male as he introduced them. “Guys, this is Momo.”

“Hello.” Momo said, bowing as low as her current position permitted her.

“So, you’re Momo?” Jungkook said, already reaching forward to give the cute girl’s cheeks a pinch. “Aigoo… you’re so cute!”

“How old are you?” Momo asked politely.

“I’m 21, Momo.” Jungkook answered. “And he is…”

“I’m 25.” Youngbae answered, making Jungkook laugh at his lame attempt to seem younger. But really, though, if no one knew, they would believe that Youngbae was just 25.

“He’s 31, Momo.”

“Oh my god I feel so old.”

“But you are old.” Jungkook said jokingly, earning a protesting huffed from his cousin.

“Hello, everyone!” A deep voice made all four of them snap their heads to the direction of the gate, and saw Namjoon heading towards them with a medium-sized box wrapped in colorful paper in his hands. All four of them greeted each other briefly, with most of the time spent in Jungkook introducing Youngbae to him as his boyfriend.

A few minutes after Namjoon’s arrival, Yoongi excused himself and Momo to head inside the house, saying that they need to prepare Momo and supervise the staff, as well as to give them a few reminders.

When it was just the three of them, Namjoon and Youngbae started talking about Jungkook’s outfit, with Youngbae teasing him slightly more than a boyfriend should.

“He told me to wear casual clothes.” Youngbae said. “But in the end, it’s him who wore flashy ones! It’s like as if I wouldn’t be here!”

“Maybe he’s showing off?” Namjoon answered, chuckling over the youngest’s blushing face. “Or maybe he’s trying to make you lose yourself?”

Both Youngbae and Jungkook felt like vomiting at the thought of what Namjoon was implying. Jungkook seducing Youngbae – that just seemed so wrong.

“Nah…” Youngbae shrugged. “I’ve got great self-control. I’m sorry, Jungkookie. It won’t work.”

“Jungkook.” Jin’s voice sounded, making the the called male smile as he turned his head to see another one of his cousins coming through the gates.

“Hi, Jin-hyung.” Namjoon greeted him, making the second eldest of them all smile.

“Hi, Namjoon-ssi.” Jin answered politely, slightly surprising the younger. “Nice to see you again.”

“What’s with the formal talk, hyung?” Namjoon asked. “We’re friends, right?”

“Oh… Yeah, yeah, sorry about that.” Jin answered. “I was just… worried you did not see me as your friend.”

“Awww… Jinnie-hyung so sweet.” Jungkook cooed, making all of them laugh.

“Shut up, Jungkook.” Jin spat. “Anyway, where’s Yoongi? And that Momo? I want to see her!”

“They went inside, hyung.” Namjoon answered. “To prepare or something. Maybe it’s the food.”

“Oh, food!” Jin clapped happily, hugging himself like the dreamy princess that he was. “I’m excited to taste the food!”

Jungkook let out a scoff, rolling his eyes at the behavior of his cousin. “You’re surrounded by food all day long, hyung. Yet you can’t get enough?”

“Yeah.” Youngbae agreed, looking at Jin’s face. “You’re actually getting fat.”

Jin’s eyes flew open to the size of meatballs, shocked at what just Youngbae said. He gently tapped on his cheeks to check, and true enough, they were bouncier than the last time he checked. He pulled his phone out from his pocket and looked at himself through the camera, whining when he realized that Youngbae was not messing with his mind.

“Oh my god… I need to burn all these damn fats!” Jin shrieked, making everyone laugh again. They were enjoying the moment of pure happiness and good memories when another deep voice was heard by the group. A voice that Jungkook did not want to hear anytime soon.

“Hi, guys!” The big booming voice sounded so happy and energetic it actually hurt Jungkook to listen to him. Everyone, except Youngbae, who was yet to know about Taehyung, felt the air suddenly changing from light to awkward.

Jungkook did so well in choosing his outfit, even taking longer to dress himself up than he usually does. And yet, when he saw Taehyung, he could not help but feel so small. So insignificant, compared to the other.

A squeak was heard by everyone in the group when all of a sudden, Taehyung pulled Jungkook into a bone-crushing hug.

“I missed you, Jungkook.” Taehyung said, sincerity laced in his voice. Jin managed to conceal the scoff that he wanted to let out. Namjoon just stood on the side, looking awkward as ever, while Youngbae, still oblivious, watched on as the two “friends” hugged.

Hesitantly, the youngest carefully brought his hands up to return the hug. It felt weird – huggin someone you knew did something wrong to you without even a reconciliation of some sort. Isn’t he going to say sorry for what he did? Jungkook thought bitterly. Is this his way of telling me that he did not do anything wrong?

“Oh my god, Jungkookie, you’re bigger now!” Taehyung chuckled, and somehow, his happiness seemed to ease the mood up a bit. Jungkook figured that they were here to gather and have fuun for Yoongi and Momo, and not to confront their past.

Maybe, just for the sake of the two, Jungkook can temporarily set his bad emotions aside.

“Jungkook can I get your number?” Taehyung asked, already pulling his phone out to give it to the younger. Jungkook tried a small smile as he took the device and tapped on the numbers on the screen before giving it back to the owner.

“Oh my god this is awesome!” Taehyung clapped happily. “It’s like a reunion of some sort! And – who are you?” Taehyung suddenly cut his own speech – typical of him – in favor of asking. “I remember your face, really, but I can’t put a name on it.”

“Maybe you saw me in the grand reunion, if you were there?” Youngbae answered. Taehyung nodded at the suggestion, seemingly remembering.

“He’s Youngbae.” Jungkook said, and then pulled the older closer to him. “My boyfriend.”

“Oh… OH?!” Taehyung’s eyes and jaw flew open in surprise. He certainly did not expect to meet Jungkook’s “someone new” in the birthday party that was supposed to be for relatives and close friends only. This insensitive brat. Taehyung thought. Is he trying to show off his boyfriend, knowing that Jimin will be here, too? But I swear… I really remember him… wait… wasn’t he… hmmm…

“Hyung?” Jungkook asked, swiping his palm in front of Taehyung’s face.

“Oh… oh right.” Taehyung said. He smiled – a smile that made Jungkook feel rather uneasy – and greeted Youngbae.

“Hello, Youngbae-ssi. I’m Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, too.” Youngbae answered. “By the way, I just had to say this, but you look good.”

“YAH!” Jungkook protested, putting on his “jealous boyfriend” façade. “How dare you?”

“What? I’m just being honest here.” Youngbae said in defense. “And besides, you still look better, Kook.”

“AWWW SO SWEET!” Taehyung cooed at the two of them.

“Oh, here comes…” Namjoon suddenly said, making everyone turn their attention to the gate again. And this time, Jungkook felt his heart stop beating.

Walking right into the yard was Jimin. And just like always, Jungkook could not help but notice how good the boy looks. His outfit brought so much feelings into Jungkook, because he was wearing tight fitting jeans and a black tank top – the same outfit he was wearing when they first met, more than three years ago. Jungkook found himself falling in love all over again, but he knew he should not let himself.

You’ve moved on, Jungkook. Those words went running into Jungkook’s mind like a tape on repeat.

Jimin, on the other hand, was also enthralled by the looks the younger managed to pull off. Not only did his body mature, but also his sense of fashion – he actually looked like he was going in for a kill in night club. Not that Jimin did not like it though. In fact, he liked it too much.

He was so ing happy to see Jungkook, even though he was crying days ago. And he knew he was about to cry again when he saw none other than Dong Youngbae right beside him.

“Hi.” Jimin managed to say through all the hurt in his throat. He could not take his eyes off the younger’s own orbs. Jungkook could not, as well.

“Hi.” Jungkook answered, his heart picking up its pace. He almost lost it if not for the feel of someone tugging on his hand.

Jimin let his eyes trail down to follow the slight movement his eyes caught, and saw something that he knew would kill him sooner or later. Youngbae was holding Jungkook’s hands protectively, and to Jimin, they were like onions. Because the more he started at them, the harder it became for him to hold his tears back.

But he was brave. He knew he had to let go of Jungkook if the younger was happy. He knew he had hurt him a lot, and he was truly sorry for everything that he had done to the younger while they were together. Only if Jungkook would be willing to talk.

But he was not. So Jimin will have to keep all the words he choked on every night, the words that he dreamed of saying to Jungkook, to himself.

Smiling, Jimin inched closer and closer to the two, and stopped right in front of Youngbae. He put his hand on top of the elder’s shoulder and sighed. “Sunbae… I’m… I’m glad Jungkook is in good hands.” Jimin said, surprised that he managed to say the words without breaking down along the way. “Please… please take care of him.”

His words took everyone by surprise. Youngbae, who was trying his best not to punch Jimin for hurting his cousin, felt sorry, because he can see that Jimin still loved Jungkook, and yet here he was, one of the things that stop them from being together again.

Jin, who watched on with anger, felt it all dissipate the moment Jimin started talking. He felt the sincerity in it all.

Jungkook felt like crying. His heart was screaming for him to just pulled the smaller male closer and just hold him – make up for the lost time. Even his brain that would usually spit negative thoughts whenever he felt like giving in shushed. But even before anyone could react, Jimin himself suddenly walked away, towards Yoongi’s house.

“I’ll… I’ll just check on something.” Namjoon muttered awkwardly, sprinting right after the boy that left wordlessly. He knew Jimin was so broken again, after seeing Youngbae and Jungkook. It showed when Jimin finally decided to tell them about what happened. He wanted to make sure that he was safe and would not do anything stupid.

Jungkook looked around him, and focused his eyes on Taehyung. The said boy was wearing a very solemn expression. Jungkook wondered why Taehyung did not follow Jimin inside. Are they actually not together? Jungkook finally let himself think. Am I just being stupid?

“Jimin, are you in there?” Namjoon asked, knocking on the comfort room door inside Yoongi’s and Hoseok’s house. He saw Jimin’s face right before he hurried off to the house, and it hurt even Namjoon.

Jimin’s knuckles were turning white because of the grip he has on the sink, trying to be strong enough to not totally break down. It was getting harder and harder by the second.

“Y-Yeah, I’m… I’m fine, hyung!” Jimin answered, turning the faucet on. He felt bad for wasting water, but he could not let Namjoon hear the sobs he was letting out. “I-I just needed… t-to use the toilet!”

Even from inside the comfort room, Jimin can hear the labored sigh Namjoon let out. This event is supposed to be fun, Jimin. You’re ruining it! He scolded himself.

“Jimin…” Namjoon said against the bathroom door. “You know, I’m just here if you need to talk – ”

“JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” Jimin shouted, the dams finally breaking as he let his tears fall down. “Just… leave me alone…”

Jimin sobbed, his tears mixing with the water draining in the sink. How he wished it was just as easy as that. How he wished letting the tears flow out would cleanse him.

“Please… Leave me alone…”

“I’m so tired of being here…”