Invitation

My Immortal

Hi, guys! I'm back with another chapter! I wanted to upload before I go to school again (midyear... or summer term if you want to put it that way even though it is not summer in our county anymore, not that we have seasons anyway). It will be a month full of Chemistry (UGHHHH), so yeah, pray for my soul AHAHAHA

I want to say sorry, because this story is taking too long... I know you guys are getting bored... But honestly after reading some of the comments, I got confused as to how to continue with the story. I am so sorry, guys. This is taking so long that it has been already more than a year since I published it. T_T

So... here's the chapter! Enjoy!(?)
 


XLI

Invitation


Author’s POV:

 

Jimin went back to work after staying in his house for two consecutive days, just lying around, resting. The first day had not been that much of a trouble for Jimin, because Taehyung was there to keep him from getting too bored. But the second day went too slowly for Jimin’s liking, because he did not have anything to do as he waited for his recovery. Namjoon would not let him go to work; neither did Yoongi, so he was stuck in his house with nothing to do and no one to talk to. A perfect recipe to feel his loneliness, if you would ask Jimin.

He was not fully recovered yet, honestly. But he insisted on going to work today, partly because he needed to maximize time on duty to earn even more money and scale the ranks quickly, and mostly because he just wanted to escape being alone. Before everything happened, he never thought his job could be so much of a stress-reliever.

In his corporate attire, Jimin walked along the halls of the lower floors for his occasional power walks. While he was doing so, Jimin saw Namjoon and Hoseok in front of the communal coffee machine that was there to provide caffeine to workers who did not have their own offices, unlike Jimin, Hoseok and Namjoon.

He approached the two elder with a small smile on his lips.

“Oh, Jiminie.” Hoseok greeted him, being the first of the two to see the smaller male. “How are you?”

“I told him to rest for another day, but he won’t listen.” Namjoon mumbled, taking a sip of the coffee he just got from the machine. “I can’t help but worry about your health while you’re here!”

“I’m fine now, hyungs.” Jimin answered. “Still a bit weaker that usual, but I think I can handle sitting inside my office.”

“You know you should not overwork youself.” The tallest of the three said. “Did you even bring your medicine with you?”

“Yes, hyung, I brought it with me.” Answered Jimin. “I’m not overworking myself, hyung. I just… could not stand the boredom in my house. When I feel tired and fed up with the work, I take breaks, just like now.”

Jimin then turned his attention to the coffee machine, and motioned to make himself one. “By the way, why do you guys come here for coffee?”

“Mine kind of ran out.” Hoseok answered. Jimin just nodded at him and looked at Namjoon.

“How about you, hyung?”

Namjoon cleared his throat and looked away as he answered. “It kind of… stopped working all of a sudden.”

Silence lingered around them for a few seconds, until both Jimin and Hoseok started roaring in laughter.

“You mean… You broke your coffee machine?!” Jimin asked, clutching his stomach as he laughed. “But… how?”

“I don’t know, okay?!” Namjoon answered, waving his lanky limbs all over the space. “It just… stopped working! I was carefully making coffee for myself just now and then nothing came out, even when I pressed all of the buttons already!”

“Oh wait, Jimin.” Hoseok suddenly interrupted their talk about Namjoon’s unnatural ability to break things. “I almost forgot to invite you over tomorrow.”

Jimin’s eyebrows furrowed at that. “Invite tomorrow for what?”

“It’s Momo’s and Yoongi-hyung’s birthday tomorrow, Jimin.” Namjoon answered. “It’ll be a pretty big celebration.”

“Not really, it’s just close friends and some relatives, to be exact.” Hoseok corrected the younger.

Jimin’s smile got even bigger at the thought of such a happy occasion. Of course he would come.

“Of course!” Jimin answered, his eyes crinkling into narrow lines. “I won’t miss such a day! Gosh… can’t wait for the food!” After giving his response, Jimin looked at the clock hanging on the wall, and when he saw that it he already took a lot longer than planned, he excused himself to the other two to go to his office and resume his work.

But even before Jimin had taken his second step back to his office, fingers wrapped around his wrist, stopping him from moving any further.

“Wait.” Hoseok said, making Jimin look back at his friend. “You need to know… Jungkook will be there, too. Are you… fine with that?”

Of course, everyone knew that for Jimin, it is not fine. Especially after what Jungkook told him – after knowing that Jungkook is now already happy with someone else. Even thinking about Jungkook hurt Jimin. What more if they were to meet?

But Jimin smiled.

“It’s fine.” Jimin said, barely saying the words without his voice cracking. “I won’t miss such a special day, would I?”

Hoseok returned the smile to Jimin and pulled him into a hug. “Thanks, Jiminie.”

Jimin just hugged Hoseok back. When he looked up, he saw Namjoon just standing near the coffee machine, looking perfectly awkward watching his two friends get all touchy like that.

“Come on, hyung, I know you want to join.” Jimin chuckled, earning him the same expression from the elder as Namjoon walked closer to them to wrap his long arms around the two.


Jungkook opened the glass door easily and went inside the café, heading straight to the counter. There were lots of other customers inside, seating and eating with someone Jungkook can only assume were their partners. It kind of saddened him, somehow, but he already had developed an immunity response to such feelings.

Faking a smile, he focused back on the task. He quickly ordered a chocolate cake along with a glass of chocolate shake and pointed over to where he would be seating, telling the person in charge to just bring it to him once ready. After paying, Jungkook went to his table and sat down.

It was not long before Jungkook was joined by his cousin in the same table, along with the food that he ordered.

“Hi, hyung.” Jungkook greeted the elder as he started digging into his cake.

“Hello.” Jin answered. “You know why I joined you, Jungkook.”

The younger let out a sigh before dropping his fork on the saucer and looking at his cousin in the eye. It has been days already since what Jin was talking about happened, and yet the older just cannot stop talking Jungkook out of the situation.

“Hyung,” Jungkook half-whined. “It’s final.”

“What the hell did Europe do to your mind, Jungkook?” Jin asked, shaking his head at the younger. “I know you were hurt, and Jimin deserves getting hurt, but in this thing you’re doing? You’ll be the one who’ll end up as a loser!”

“No, hyung.”

“What if he finds out, huh?” Jin’s eyes were wide as he asked the question. “You’ll look even more pathetic that if you had just said no!”

“That’s why Youngbae-hyung and I talked about this!” Jungkook exclaimed. “We’ve already worked a plan of action, as well as practiced some acting so that no one would notice a thing!”

Jin ruffled his hair in exasperation. “BUT – ”

“SHHHH!” Jungkook suddenly cut his speech, covering the elder’s mouth with his hand. “Yoongi-hyung is here!”

Jungkook then immediately let go of Jin’s mouth before Yoongi could spot them. He warily watched as Yoongi made his way to the counter and talked with the staff behind it, probably ordering food. Then, all of a sudden, the staff pointed to his direction, making Yoongi turn his head to look at him and Jin.

The pale male flashed a gummy smile once he saw Jungkook, and quickly said something to the staff before going to their spot.

“Hi, Yoongi.” Jin greeted the younger with a smile. The shorter greeted him back before turning to Jungkook.”

“Hi, Jungkook.”

“Hi, hyung.” The youngest responded. He took a sip from his chocolate shake to try to lessen the nervousness the felt when Yoongi stepped into the café.

“How are you?” Jin asked. The last time he saw him was when they all together ate dinner in the café, which was actually a setup for Yoongi and Hoseok.

“Fine…” Yoongi answered. “The studio is even better than before. We’ve expanded it.” He continued. “It’s good that Jungkook is here as well, actually. I came here to invite you guys to our place tomorrow evening. It’s my birthday. It’s also Momo’s birthday party.”

Jin’s brows furrowed at Yoongi’s words, because first, they really were not that close for Yoongi to bother to come to his café just to invite him, and second, who the hell is Momo?

“Momo?” Jin asked, his face showing that confusion that he was feeling.

“Oh… yeah. Momo.” Yoongi nodded to himself. “Momo is… our adoptive daughter.”

“REALLY?!” Jin’s voice went a few steps louder, making some of the neighboring customers cast a glance at the sudden sound. “Oh my god! That’s… wow… I need to see her!”

“Yeah!” Jungkook butted in. “Namjoon-hyung told me about her during the reunion! Yeah, I remember! I want to see her, too!”

“So I guess I’ll be expecting the two of you there?” Yoongi asked. Jungkook answered yes, but Jin did not.

“Uhm… Yoongi.” Jin called his attention. “Let me just ask… we weren’t really that close to each other. Why are you inviting me over as well?”

The pale man chuckled. “Look, Jin-hyung… Hoseok and I owe our relationship to you guys, a lot. That, for me, is enough reason to consider you as a friend.”

Jin smiled after hearing Yoongi’s words, and nodded several times. “Of course I’m coming!”

As the two exchanged words, something came into Jungkook’s mind that made him think about his decision.

Since it is Momo’s and Yoongi-hyung’s birthday party… Jungkook thought. That means they’ll surely have Jimin-hyung there, as well. Ugh… How am I going to get through that?

Jungkook was worried of what might happen, because surely, Jimin and Taehyung would be there in the party. He would, again, surely look pathetic if he would just come on his own and watch the two get all flirty and touchy with each other.

So with reason and conscience tugging on him the whole time, Jungkook asked Yoongi. “Hyung, can I being someone with me?”

Yoongi raised a brow at Jungkook before answering. “Of course. Who is it?”

“My boyfriend.” Jungkook answered as confidently as he could. An uncomfortable silence stretched in their table as Jungkook tried his best to look as collected as he could. He knew Yoongi was not someone to be easily fooled.

Meanwhile, Jin’s face was turned to the direction of the glass wall, not wanting to get involved in whatever mess Jungkook created for himself. He was not going to help the younger either, in case he messed up.

“Okay.” Yoongi answered after a few seconds, but for Jungkook, it took an eternity. In all honesty, Yoongi felt worried for Jimin when Jungkook said that he would be bringing his BOYFRIEND with him. He does not want Jimin to get hurt, but he cannot stop Jungkook from bringing someone, especially someone as special as his BOYFRIEND.

Right after Yoongi dismissed the topic, one of the waiters came with the paper bags that contained the food that Yoongi ordered.

“You aren’t staying?” Jin asked, sensing that the impeding confrontation had been avoided. He was already getting ready to leave the table in the case that Yoongi asked more questions.

“Nah… I have to go back to the studio to work.”

“But you’re the boss, right?” Jungkook asked, trying to keep it all casual. “You can just leave anytime you want!”

“Yeah, but being the boss only means I need to work even harder than my employees.” Yoongi answered, smiling as he stood up from his chair. “I need to go, guys. See you tomorrow!”

As soon as Yoongi stepped out of the café, Jungkook let out a breath he did not know he was holding in.

Yoongi was surprised to see Jimin when he got back to the dance studio. What was more was that he was already warming up, running through the choreography that they were currently teaching the students.

“Hey.” Yoongi said to grab the younger’s attention. Jimin immediately stopped dancing when he heard Yoongi’s voice, heading to the sound system to stop the music.

“I finished work a bit earlier than usual, hyung.” Jimin said as he walked to the slightly taller male. “When I got here, you weren’t present. Where did you go?”

Yoongi raised the bags of food he was carrying as an answer. “I invited Jin-hyung to the party tomorrow.”

“Oh… I see.”

“Jungkook, too.” Yoongi added. “He said he’d be bringing his… boyfriend, with him.”

Jimin’s expression fell, as well as his heart. He felt like the universe was conspiring against him and constantly bringing up the most hurtful thing he has ever experienced.

“Are you… sure you’re coming?” Yoongi asked Jimin. He really wants Jimin to be there, but if that meant getting the younger hurt, then he will understand if he skips on this one occasion.

“O-Of course I’ll go.”

“Jimin, I’ll understand if you don’t.” Yoongi explained. “Hoseok and I will understand. I’m sure Momo would, too. We want you there, Jimin, but we care about you. If it hurts you to be in the same place with Jungkook, then – ”

“Hyung.” Jimin interrupted the older’s elaboration. “I’m fine. I’m coming.”

Yoongi ruffled his own hair in frustration over the situation. He was torn between making sure his friend is well and being a good host. He already invited Jungkook and said yes to his question – he cannot just change his mind about the matter.

“ARGGHHH… If only I did not invite Jungkook…”

“Don’t say that, hyung.”

“UNCLE JIMIN!” Momo’s voice filled the entire dance studio. Just like how she greets Jimin every time, the girl came closer and wrapped her short arms around the man’s leg. “Are you okay now? How do you feel?”

“I’m fine now, Momo.” Jimin answered with a smile, bending down to be level with Momo. “Thanks for worrying.”

“You see, it’s my birthday tomorrow!” Momo excitedly said, his smile growing even wider. “What present did you buy for me?”

Jimin pinched the little girl’s cheeks before standing up straight again, patting the girls head along the way.

“It’s a secret.” Jimin answered. “But I’m sure you’ll love it.”


The moment Jungkook got home from Jin’s café, he rushed straight to his room, the room he shares with Youngbae. He pushed the door open without even knocking, regretting upon seeing what was inside.

The older, who just got out of the bathroom after a long, refreshing bath, screamed in surprise as he scrambled to get his towel from around his shoulders to wrap it around his waist. Jungkook immediately looked away, a bit embarrassed by what just happened.

“YAH!” Youngbae shouted. “JUST BECAUSE WE’RE PRETENDING TO DATE DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN MOLEST ME LIKE THAT!”

“You wish!” Jungkook spat back. “Anyway, there is this… birthday party that my friend invited me to. And you are going with me as my boyfriend.”

“What?” Youngbae asked as he put on his shorts. “I don’t even know the celebrant! Why should I be there?”

“Yoongi-hyung is one of my mutual friends with Jimin-hyung. He’s pale and short, but still not as short as you.”

“YAH!”

“He owns a dance studio and recording studio. He’s in a relationship with Hoseok-hyung, another one of my mutual friends with Jimin-hyung. And they have an adoptive daughter, Momo, who’ll be celebrating her birthday as well.” Jungkook continued. “You should be there because you promised to help me. Now you know the celebrants. And now, you’re going with me.”

The older did his very rare eye roll, but ended up letting a resigned sigh.

“You brat.” He mumbled under his breath. Jungkook could not help but remember Jimin at those words, letting himself smile a bit over the fond memory.