Back To Normal

My Immortal

XXIV

Back To Normal


Jimin’s POV:

 

The dinner that we setup for Hoseok and Yoongi last night was went exceptionally well. The two talked over their problem last night, and quickly made up. The food was very delicious, thanks to Jin and his crew. Taehyung and Jungkook also seem to really like each other, and even exchanged numbers before they parted ways last night. It was really, really great, except for two things.

First, the time when I unexpectedly got jealous when I saw Taehyung and Jin being a little bit too close for just friends.

Second, the handkerchief.

But right now, I’m just happy that everything is back to normal. There isn’t anything that is not related to work to worry about.

I never thought I would ever miss Hoseok’s annoyingly bright aura in the workplace. He might be too touchy at times, but he is still my source of positivity to start my day right. That’s why it’s such a relief when I was greeted by two rows of perfectly white teeth when I stepped into my cubicle.

“Good morning, Jiminie!!!” Hoseok greeted me warmly with a very wide grin, standing up from his chair and moving around the divider to go to my spot. If before, I would try my best to shut him up, now, I just let him do whatever he wanted.

Even though he was only out of his own self for three days, to me, it seemed like a long time already.

“Good morning, hyung.” Hoseok hugged tightly from behind. It wasn’t rare for him to hug people, but this time, I got so used to his usual hug that I knew this one was different.

“Thank you, Jimin.” He mumbled, and I can hear the sincerity in his voice.

“For what?”

“For fixing my relationship with Yoongi-hyung.” He answered, and I felt my heart swell in happiness. “I don’t know if we can fix it on our own without you guys.”

“Of course you can fix it on your own.” I countered. “That’s how much you love each other. We just decided to step in because it’s already getting on the way of our professions.” He chuckled lowly and released me from his hug.

“But still.” He insisted. “Thank you.”

“It was nothing.” I answered to his retreating figure as he scooted around the divider to go to his own cubicle. With a smile stuck on my face, I started the day’s work.

My usual work consists of encoding reports and business letters, as well as reading feedbacks and reviewing other documents. It doesn’t seem too heavy, yes, but if you put in all the errands such as going to the top floor and back to deliver documents or coffee, and all the tasks within and outside the office building, the work load is doubled, if not tripled. It’s a good thing that my rank in the company rises relatively quickly. If I keep up my good work, it will not take long before I get my own office, or at least have more leverage than a usual employee. It only took Namjoon less than a year to get to his position, so I think I can do it as well, even though his brain is just too much to handle.

I was in the middle of proofreading a business letter made by one of the newer employees in the office when Namjoon came over to my cubicle. Being tall, he rested his elbows on top of the wall of my little “office”, propping his head by placing his chin on top of his forearms. He was bearing a serious face that resembles those that you can see in corporate meetings, or even in casinos.

“Good morning, Namjoon-hyung.” I greeted him, putting my focus back on the white screen in front of me, continuing where I left from when I lifted my gaze to look at my visitor.

“Good morning.” Said Namjoon. “I just dropped by to tell you to go to my office right after you finish your current work. There are some important matters that I wish to discuss with you, as your supervisor.”

“Okay.” I answered him calmly. Whatever that matter is, it isn’t really a big deal. I’m pretty confident that I will not be fired for now, because so far as I’m know, I didn’t do anything wrong.

Namjoon walked away from my place, leaving me alone to continue my work. I thought correcting the business letter was an easy task, but it really wasn’t. The new employee was indeed a rookie – he had lots of mistakes in terms of tone and formality. I’m not one to judge him though. I was once a rookie in the company as well, and I also committed lots of mistakes.

By the time I finished correcting the work, it was already time for lunch. Hoseok was quick to pull me up from my seat and lead me up to Namjoon’s office to fetch the supervisor so we can have our lunch together. He didn’t seem as busy as I am, because he was just watching random videos from a streaming site in his desktop. The three of us went of the building and went to the nearby restaurant that serves delicious, yet quick and reasonably-priced meals.

“So,” Namjoon said before taking a sip of the soup that he ordered for himself. “how are you and Yoongi-hyung?”

“Fine.” Hoseok answered with a smile around his spoon. “Better than ever, actually.”

“Oooo…” Namjoon smirked. “I see.”

“So, where did you guys go last night?” I asked the long-faced hyung, remembering that they took off in the same direction when we parted ways after the dinner.

“Uhmm… we had a… sleepover.” Hoseok answered, the corner of his lips twitching in an attempt to stop his smile from emerging. Namjoon and I simply raised our brows at him, hinting that we are not quite contented with his answer.

“Whose place?” Namjoon asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. The longer we had our eyes glued on Hoseok, the redder his face became.

“H-His place. Why?” Hoseok answered, still struggling to keep his voice calm and collected. By the way his forehead is sweating despite the cool air in the restaurant, I can tell that it would only be a matter of time before he –

“OKAY FINE GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED DON’T ACT LIKE INNOCENT PRESCHOOL CHILDREN!” Hoseok shrieked, loud enough to show his embarrassment, but soft enough to not disturb other customers. We can’t help it but laugh at how embarrassing it seemed for Hoseok to talk about it.

After that “revelation”, we just continued eating and talking, which also included Hoseok thanking Namjoon and me again for helping him and Yoongi with their problem. When we were done eating, the three of us went back to the company building, dropping off Hoseok in his cubicle while I followed Namjoon to his office a few floors up.

Once we were inside, he rounded his table and sat down on his chair. I took my seat on the chair in front of his table when he pointed at it. He maybe my close friend, but when it comes to business matters, he has this nearly intimidating aura around him, easily making other people feel his superiority.

“Jimin.” He began. “I’m going to make this fast and simple.”

“What?” I interrupted him. “I’m getting a promotion?” I asked with a joking smile to lift the atmosphere up a bit. I was just kidding, that’s why I was shocked when I saw his eye widen in surprise.

“Oh my god… I am getting a promotion?”

“H-How did you know?”

“Well… I didn’t exactly KNOW. I was just kidding, actually.” I explained to him. “But it turns out I’m actually really going to be promoted.”

“Oh, yeah.” Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. He was back to the harmless giant that was eating lunch with me a while ago. “Okay, fine. You’re being promoted, and you’re getting your own office. Bora-noona resigned from her position, saying that she’s ‘found a greener pasture’. I don’t know what company that is, but yeah. The point here is,” He explained, reaching for something inside the drawer of his desk. “the spot is yours to take. Here’s the key to the office, transfer your items today, because tomorrow, you’ll have a new position.”

“Thank you, sir.” I stood up from my seat and gave Namjoon a ninety-degree bow as a sign of gratitude and respect.

“Congratulations for the new position and a job well done, Park Jimin.” He gave me a friendly smile. “But wait, there’s more!”

“What is it now? Promotion bonus?” I asked him. He let out what I think is a resigned sigh before pulling out a brown envelope from his drawer.

“You’re no fun.” He shook his head. “Tadah.”

I laughed at his not-so-energetic interjection for the “surprise” bonus before taking it from his hands.

“Spend that with something fun, okay?” He smiled. “Promotion bonuses are supposed to be used for recreation and pampering.”

“I’ll do that.” I chuckled. With the office key and the bonus envelope in my hand, and Namjoon walking beside me, I went back to my cubicle to start fixing my stuff and cleaning the place, while Namjoon stopped over Hoseok’s cubicle.

“Hoseok…” He cooed. The man lifted his gaze up from the work that he’s doing to look at Namjoon.

“What?”

“Jiminie’s leaving you.”

“No he’s not.” Said Hoseok. I smiled just a little as I continued collecting my papers and personal belongings, such as my toothbrush.

“Yes, he is.” Namjoon said slyly. “Jiminie’s getting his own office. He’s taking Bora-noona’s position.”

I heard Hoseok’s abrupt standing from his seat, and moments later, his head was already peeking from the top of the wooden wall that separates our territories. “Is that true? You’re leaving me?”

“Well… I got a promotion so… yeah.” I answered, faking embarrassment and shyness. He rapidly walked around the wall and slapped my shoulder HARD.

“Ouch!” I winced, rubbing my abused shoulder.

“You’re going to leave me alone, Park Jimin? What kind of friend are you?”

“It’s not his fault you’re stuck in your cubicle, Hoseok.” Namjoon chuckled, earning a slap from Hoseok.

“The two of you!” Hoseok shouted. “You’re not my friends!”

“If we’re not your friends, then we shouldn’t have helped you and Yoongi-hyung with your relationship problem.” I retorted, and that statement shut Hoseok up. He let out admittedly cute whimpers resembling that of a kicked puppy as he retreated back to his little confine.

“It’s okay, hyung.” I continued collecting my things. I have to admit – I’m going to miss working in this place, especially because here, I have Hoseok right beside me. But I’m also ecstatic about getting my own spot in this big building.

“But seriously, congratulations, Jimin.” Hoseok said with a serious tone. “You deserve it.”

“Thanks, hyung.”

The rest of my day in the office was devoted cleaning my workspace and transferring things to my office that was on the same floor as Namjoon’s. When I entered my new place, I immediately knew I was going to like it, because it was bright and refreshing, thanks to large glass window, or rather glass wall, that gave an overlooking view of the busy streets below.

When I finished moving things to my office, it was already time for me to leave. After saying goodbye to Namjoon and Hoseok, I left the building got into my car. With the promotion bonus in my hands, I first made my way to the mall to pay Jin a visit, maybe to tell him about the success of the dinner last night, and to spend some of the money on his café’s ridiculously good food.

When I entered through the glass door of the quaint place, I immediately spotted Jin as he was putting a tray of what I suppose are freshly baked cinnamon rolls on display. They look amazing and delicious…

I made a beeline to counter, and he instantly noticed my presence.

“Oh, hi, Jimin!” He greeted with a pretty smile.

“Hello, hyung.”

“Last night seems successful, doesn’t it?” He asked.

“Oh, you have no idea, hyung.” I chuckled, making him laugh as well.

“Oh yes I do.” Said Jin. “They seemed pretty frustrated when Taehyung interrupted them in the middle of making out in my comfort room. I will not be surprised to know they continued where they left from after the dinner.”

After talking to him about what happened last night and the very positive change in Hoseok’s behavior in the office, and thanking him for the food and the support, I ordered some of the very tempting, moist cinnamon rolls that I just saw him put on display when I came here. They were still hot and steaming, and I want to keep them that way until I fetch Jungkook later. It’s a good thing that I was a very prepared person – who would’ve thought about bringing insulating boxes and thermal blankets every day?

When I was done putting the newly-bought food into the lunchbox-like thingies that I kept in the back of my car, I made my way to the dance studio, where I’ll be spending the rest of my afternoon dancing and teaching other people how to dance.

Once I got inside, I was shocked to see a very unfamiliar sight.

“Wow… this is something new.” I said. It was very unusual to see Yoongi singing to the top of his lungs WHILE HE SWEPT THE FLOOR OF THE STUDIO WITH A BROOM.

WHILE SMILING.

Said man looked up from his concentration on the floor, and gave me his signature gummy smile that I suppose attracted Hoseok when they first met back when we were still studying. He rushed to me, with the broom still in his hands, and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

I already knew where this was going.

“Thank you, Jiminie.” He mumbled. “Thank you for solving my problem with Hoseok.”

“It was nothing.” I answered. “And we didn’t solve it. We just set it up. The two of you were the ones that fixed everything.”

“But still…” He released me from the hug. “Thank you.”

“Welcome.” I said with a smile. “And I can see you’re in such a good mood today. Did you guys have fun last night?” I , complete with a suggestive smirk. His white face immediately turned red at the mention of last night.

“I’m going to kill Hoseok.” He muttered under his breath, slamming the poor broom down on the floor and storming off to the equipment, leaving me laughing as I put my own things down. I quickly changed my outfit from the corporate attire to a tank top in pants and rubber shoes before the dance lesson started.

Within minutes, our students already filled the room, warming up and recalling some of the steps that Yoongi and I taught to them yesterday. Then started the rigorous dance lessons.

Along the course of the lesson, one student went over to me and personally asked me to help her with the dance. It was a bit surprising, though, because as far as I know, the part that she was asking for help with is one of the easier parts of the routine, and when I’m observing them through the mirror while we’re running through the whole dance, she seems to move pretty well. She’s one of the best in the class… why would she need help? I thought as we got into the position for the part she said “is confusing and a bit awkward.”

Then, I remembered. She was the same student that needed my help yesterday, when Jungkook was also here in the studio. I didn’t pay that much attention to the situation because I was hell-bent on making Jungkook jealous. Now that I am giving it a deeper thought… Damn… This girl is flirting with me.

“I think you’re already doing really well.” I said to the flirtatious lady. “That’s enough.” you better thank goodness that you’re a customer. I’m already taken, you poof.

“But sir, I’m not satisfied with just ‘enough’ or ‘well’. I want to be an excellent dancer.” This girl is persistent.

“Well…” I said, trying to formulate better words. “you cannot be an excellent dancer in just a few months.” I answered. “Don’t expect immediate results and improvements. Being a great dancer takes time and lots of practice. As well as passion, inspiration and perseverance.”

I did not miss that way her eyes twinkled in fascination. Did I just make her… like me more?

“And I’m not yet in a great dancer, if you’re to ask me.” I added in quickly.

“Who’s your inspiration?” She asked. “I already have mine. And since you’re a better dancer, you must have an inspiration, too.”

I was about to answer something like “my family” or “my idol”, but Yoongi beat me to it.

“His boyfriend.” He butted in, smiling at me and the girl like he didn’t just drop a big bomb.

“Y-You… you have a b-boyfriend?” She asked, stepping back a little bit. I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, not knowing if I should hit Yoongi for messing up the customer, or thank him for saving my and ending the flirts.

“Well… yeah. He was here yesterday.”

“Oh… that guy in the student uniform?” She asked again, already producing a relatively big distance from me.

“Yup. He’s perfect, right?” I answered. And just like that, she gave me a polite bow and thanked me for “helping” her before she turned and went over to a little circle of friends sitting in the corner of the room. I turned to Yoongi and raised a brow at him.

“I just saved your .”

When break time came, everyone went to the lockers where they deposit their bags for safe-keeping and took out snacks and drinks. I got the cinnamon rolls out from their hiding and just like what I expected, they were still warm. I handed two to Yoongi, at which he raised his left brow before taking them.

“I got promoted today in the office, and I bought those with the promotion bonus.” I said to him.

“Oh, really? Congratulations, Jiminie!” He smiled again, taking a big bite from one of the juicy buns that I just gave him. “Mmmmm… these taste wonderful!”

“Of course, I bought them from Jin-hyung’s café. I will be surprised if they aren’t good.” I chuckled. “I’ll be going to Jungkook’s school now, hyung.”

“Take care! And say hi to Jungkookie for me!” I heard him say as I walked out of the studio and to my car that was parked outside. The drive to Jungkook’s school – which was actually my school, too – only took a few minutes. I entered the school premises instead of just waiting outside the school gate, and thanks to Jungkook’s schedule and the never-changing arrangement of classrooms in the school, I found myself standing just outside the room where Jungkook had his last class for the day. It’s the only day that Jungkook goes to another room other than his original one, just to take this particular subject. When I arrived, the students are already making their way to the door, except for the only person I was interested in the school.

Jungkook was busy writing something on his notebook, the intensity of his concentration shown by the way he’s biting on his lower lip with his bunny teeth. When the room was nearly deserted, I entered it and along the way met Jungkook’s professor.

“Oh… Park Jimin, am I right?” He asked. I just gave him a nod, not really recalling why he knew me. Was he one of my professors back then? I don’t really remember…

“Why are you here? Back to visit your alma mater?”

“Yeah… something like that.” I answered him. “That, and to fetch Jeon Jungkook.”

“Jiminie-hyung?” I heard Jungkook call my name. Apparently, he heard me talk to his professor and say his name. I just smiled to him before turning to the older man in front of me.

“You know him?” He asked, to which I just gave another nod as an answer. He seemed to think for a while before smiling again and continuing his walk to leave the room. “You know, Mr. Jeon is pretty much inspired lately. Do you know who’s… motivating him lately?”

He didn’t wait for my answer.

He DOESN’T need my answer.

I hate observant people.

“Hyung!” Jungkook called me again, running down from his chair with his bag already slung to his back. “Why are you here?”

“To fetch you, what else could be the reason?” I answered, taking his bag from him to carry it. The way he hung his head a little bit lower to hide the obvious blush that appeared on his cheeks made him ten times more adorable. He’s just soooo cute… I thought to myself.

The two of us left the room and walked to my car that was waiting outside. We entered my car and started driving to his residence.

“There’s food here. Cinnamon rolls from Jin-hyung’s café.” I said to him, pointing to the space between us with my lips as I continued to drive. Jungkook opened the box, and got a one roll from inside; it’s still warm because of the insulating material that box is made of.

“Mmmm… it’s delicious.” Jungkook moaned as he chewed on the bun. “Why do you keep on buying food before fetching me?”

“I got promoted today.”

“Really?!” Jungkook gasped, sitting up straight in his seat and looking at me with glimmering eyes. “Congratulations!”

“I kinda already saw it coming.” I jokingly said to him, making him scoff at my cockiness.

“You’re so conceited, really.” Said he. “But anyway, since you’ve got good news, I also am going to share one.”

“What?” I asked him, glancing at him quickly before diverting my gaze back on the road. “Something to do with your academics?”

“Well, yes. But you’ll be surprised. Everyone was actually surprised. And I guess my parents will be surprised, too.” Jungkook excitedly narrated. I already have an idea what it was, but since I’ve done a lot of guessing today, I just let it stay in my mind.

“Just say it already, I don’t want to guess right now.”

“You’re no fun, hyung.” Jungkook pouted cutely. “Okay fine. I got into the top three of the graduating batch. Which means I will be one of those three that will stand on stage to receive the awards in front of everyone!”

“Really?!” I asked him, already knowing that he would say that eventually, but happiness still made it’s way into me. “Oh my god, Jungkookie, I’m so proud of you!!!”

“Thanks, hyung. I’m glad you’re proud of me.” Jungkook smiled. “If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t have gotten inspired to strive harder.” He continued. I really, really wanted to hug him right then, but I am still in the middle of driving, and his safety is the top priority.

“And, the graduation will be about a month from now. Can you come, hyung?”

“OF COURSE!” I answered excitedly. “Why would I let myself miss one of the most important events in your life?”

“Aww… so sweet.” He chuckled.

After a few minutes more of driving and senseless talking, I stopped the car in front Jungkook’s house’s gate, and bid him goodbye before going back to the dance studio to continue teaching. When I arrived, though, Hoseok was also inside, watching as Yoongi continued with the lesson. This is the first time Hoseok went to the dance studio.

“What are you doing here, hyung?” I asked him, taking a seat beside him.

Hoseok answered without taking his eyes off of the pale guy currently rolling his hips to the beat. “What do you think? Of course I’m here for my guy.”

“What I mean is,” I said. “this is the first time you’re doing this. Did something actually change?”

“Yoongi-hyung moved in with me.” Hoseok answered, making me widen my eyes in surprise. Did he just say…

I held his shoulder and turned him to face me. “You’re living in the same house?! You guys are living together now?!”

“Keep your chubby hands of my pony and work, Jimin.” Yoongi crashed his body beside Hoseok and pulled him away from me. “And yes, we’re living under the same roof now.”

“Congratulations!” I clapped in joy before standing and making my way to the front to continue with the lesson. “I pity your neighbors, though, Hoseok-hyung.” I sent him a knowing smirk, and by the way both of their faces flushed, I knew they got my message. I just giggled silently as I heard Yoongi’s hushed scolding at Hoseok, maybe for being JUST A LITTLE BIT too open about their relationships.

When the day ended, Hoseok and Yoongi drove off to the same direction again after the two of them together thanked me for the umpteenth time for last night. Watching them fearlessly show their relationship to the world feels good.

I let myself smile in contentment as I entered my own car and started the engine. It’s been such a great day, and everything just seems to fall into their right places.