Back to School

XLR8

Hoseok looked at the full body mirror and had his disgusted face.

He was wearing his uniform and somehow he felt a bit awkward. It was the first time in almost a month that he wore that uniform again. It was still a perfect fit with his body but he still felt awkward. Mumbling a soft goodbye to the house, he sighed lightly as he took his bag and made his way to the school. 

As he walked towards the school, he noticed many other students as well. He could not recognize even a few of them. He was silently thinking to himself when they had enrolled to the school. He sighed once again. He was too caught up with his game to catch up with reality. But then again, he had a different reality. His reality was the game, and this real life felt like a dream. 

Just then, he felt two arms slinging around his shoulders. Two young men were in each of his side, almost grinning mischievously. 

"Hyung, you're back!" Seokwon cheered. 

"All hail!" Yoonho added with a soft laugh. 

"Yeah, yeah. Savor the moment. Tomorrow, I won't be around again," Hoseok replied with a smirk. 

"You're no fair, hyung. We won't let that Changkyun guy, if he is really the one transferring or if there is even someone transferring, get away from our classroom," Seokwon concluded. 

"You're really not listening, Seokwon. The teacher said something about it!" Yoonho argued. 

"Wrong. President said that there might be a transferree if his papers were approved. You left one important detail!" Seokwon retorted. 

Hoseok groaned lightly. 

"I will force you two to make out here if you don't quiet down," Hoseok warned. 

"Should I keep on being noisy, then?" Yoonho grinned mischievously. 

"Yah!" Seokwon glared at the other. 

And thus began Yoonho and Seokwon's bickering, much to Hoseok's delight. He escaped from their arms and walked with light steps. As he continued to walk, he saw familiar backs of two men talking. 

"Kwangji! Hyunwoo!" Hoseok called out. 

The two backs moved and Hoseok waved his hand with a wide grin. Kwangji released a short laugh and waved back. Hyunwoo just smiled and did the same while Hoseok walked faster to catch up with the two. 

"You really did come back. You're that interested with the challenger?" Kwangji asked. 

"I have a bad feeling about it. I looked at the update and at the end there were a group of English letters, but everything are gibberish," Hoseok replied. 

"So? What if it's nothing?" Hyunwoo pressed. 

"It's not nothing. It has a hidden meaning behind it. The creators will not add that without reason. I just don't have a perfect grasp of English to decipher it." 

"And you think that challenger had decipher it?" 

"He's from America, isn't he?" 

"Minhyuk says so," Kwangji replied with a small shrug. 

"Then he must have had an idea. There must be some sort of booster packs or special packs if you could decipher it." 

"So you're more interested in the code? Now that's the Hoseok I know," Kwangji joked with a laugh. 

"I am here in this torturous place for the game," Hoseok concluded with a grin. 

 

 

The day seemed to just pass by. The professors weren't even aware that Hoseok was present in the class. They didn't even care that Hoseok was sleeping through the classes at the corner. Only his classmates had noticed that he already was inside the classroom. Second after second after second, Hoseok waited for the day to end. He had not had the chance to get near the freshmen's classes since his classmates just hogged around him asking things. Moreover, Kwangji and Hyunwoo kidnapped him during lunch break and literally caught up with personal life. 

He was just waiting for the day to end. He stared blankly at the chalkboard with random math equations on the board, before everything just froze. Every movement, every person, every little thing, froze. The color just became monochromatic blue and time stopped at that second. A blue orb just came from Hoseok's body and it transformed into his Normal avatar. 

", I didn't say anything," he cursed under his breath. 

It was the secret he had been hiding ever since he became the Alpha. It was the secret of the Dragon Burst game. Alphas had the privilege to go in and out of the game instantly, but not in the social arena game. Time would stop, and he would go inside another part of the game. This was the reason why Hoseok continued the game even though he just became the Alpha. He wanted to know the what more was in store in being the Alpha. He shook his head to exit his trance and tried to clear his mind. 

"Minhyuk!" Hoseok gasped. 

He instantly ran towards the other building where Minhyuk's class was. As he reached the classroom, he saw Minhyuk poking his classmates. He looked both fascinated and terrified in his Normal avatar. 

"Minhyuk, did you say 'Dragon Link' by any chance?" Hoseok asked. 

"Hyung! You can move too? Why are they not moving? My watch is not moving either! Did time stop?" 

"Yes. Long explanation. And yes. Did you say 'Dragon Link' a few seconds ago?" Hoseok pressed. 

"No! Why are they like this?" Minhyuk frantically asked. 

"Okay, Minhyuk, calm down first. This is one of the things an Alpha can do. Just say Dragon Link with the GML on and you'd be instantly transported in this dimension. Check your menu." 

Minhyuk blinked and tried to even his breathing. He swiped down his menu in front of him. It was way different from the usual menu. It was stylized with a Victorian-design feel with a burgundy and gold motif. Inside was a list of usernames, but it was different than the usual usernames. Somehow, it looked like names of superheroes. 

"Garnet Terror. Is that you, hyung?" Minhyuk asked. 

"The game gave me that nickname. I think it's nice," Hoseok spoke. 

"Topaz Crunch? That's not a cool nickname for me. Can you customize it?" Minhyuk complained. 

"Afraid not. Are there any other usernames?" 

"There's another one, named Hyper Voice," Minhyuk replied. 

"Who in the world─" 

"Me!" a familiar voice shouted. 

Hoseok and Minhyuk looked by the door. The former groaned with distaste. 

"Happy to see you, hyung. Let's duel," Changkyun said.