Initiation

XLR8

As the bell rang, both Yoonho and Seokwon shot up from their seats instantly. They eyed the newcomer, Changkyun, intently. They looked at each other and they had their knowing smiles on their faces. Yoonho came nearer and slung his arm around the shoulders of Seokwon. His lips then made their way to Seokwon's ear. If anyone weren't paying much attention, Yoonho looked like he was kissing Seokwon's ear, and since Seokwon was smiling, it looked like he was enjoying it. 

"Yah, Changkyun should do it," Yoonho whispered. 

"I don't know. Isn't it a bit obvious?" Seokwon argued. 

"But still!" Yoonho argued in return. 

"And no one has said a male in the rooftop," Seokwon added. 

"You said my name in the rooftop," Yoonho deadpanned. 

Seokwon could only cough in defeat. Yoonho had his triumphant smile and patted the other's shoulder. He then made his way to Changkyun who was about to stand and leave the school. 

"Ah Changkyun," Yoonho chimed, "Didn't you agree with Seokwon at the rooftop?" 

"Yeah! I forgot, sorry. Let's go?" Changkyun spoke with a grin. 

Yoonho smiled as he started to drag the transfer student up to the rooftop. Seokwon could only smile at the sight. Reminder: it was not a bitter, scared, or angry smile. It was a sweet, genuine one. Seokwon had remembered the first time he and Yoonho met. It was similar to that sight, and he knew that the three of them would be great friends. Changkyun wouldn't dare to take Yoonho away from him. He had Hoseok-hyung, anyway, if he were really the stalker-like person Hoseok had on his tail. 

 

Meanwhile at the seniors' classroom; as the bell rang at the same time, the teacher gave his final remarks before he bid his farewell. Hoseok, Kwangji, and Hyunwo were the ones in charge of cleaning, so they let the other students leave before they could start with their cleaning. While Hoseok took one of the brooms, he decided to confide with his two friends. 

"Hey guys, I need to tell you something," Hoseok began. 

"Talk," Hyunwoo replied simply, starting to sweep at the corners. 

"Well, you know my Alpha status and being a very difficult job and all, there is something we do not completely understand in being the Alpha. It opened new horizons to the game. I believe being the Alpha is only the beginning of another challenge."

"What do you mean?" Kwangji added.

"I mean, the whole social networking thing of the game? That was just a test of skill if one could reach the Alpha. Now that I'm already the Alpha, I stumbled upon a game mechanic. A new game mechanic that, as far as I know, only three people know. But I'm not so sure myself either." 

Kwangji and Hyunwoo kept quiet, but Hoseok knew it was a sign to continue explaining. 

"This game mechanic, it's called Dragon Linking. It temporarily stops time, or maybe the GML makes your body fast enough to think time has stopped, I don't know. But everything becomes monochromatic blue, then somehow I become my Normal Avatar, outside my real body."

"That's just weird, Hoseok," Kwangji commented. 

"Should I show you?" 

"Can it be seen by non-Alphas?" Hyunwoo asked. 

"No, but I have a trick that I learned a few weeks ago from the experimenting what I could do in that dimension." 

"Then show me," Kwangji dared. 

Hoseok moved closer to Kwangji and stood in front of him. Kwangji then blinked with innocence, when Hoseok said the next words. 

"Slap me." 

"As in your face? Slap you?" Kwangji repeated. 

"Yes, slap me," Hoseok confirmed. 

Kwangji was reluctant to hit his friend's face. But somehow, he trusted him at that moment. Kwangji lifted his hand and slapped Hoseok, though it did not land. His eyes widened when Hoseok moved at such great speed to dodge his slap. Without any notice, he did the action again, and Hoseok dodged again with great speed and ease. Unfortunately, Kwangji pushed the test to the limit. He took the broom in his hand and hit Hoseok with it. The latter successfully blocked his broom. Kwangji's and Hyunwoo's mouths dropped. 

"How..." Kwangji asked in awe. 

"I don't really know what it's called, but I named it the 'Failure' technique. It's a technique that uses the real body instead the Normal Avatar, and I'm sure that it justs slows time within three seconds," Hoseok explained. 

"How..." Kwangji continued to mutter. 

"Well, that's not all," Hoseok spoke. 

He then began to tell what happened a while ago during their class. About going into the monochromatic blue dimension, about Minhyuk and Changkyun battling at a monochromatic red dimension next, and their actions. If anything, Hoseok expected Kwangji to think about what had happened, but the latter had other thoughts. 

Kwangji reached out and hit the back of Hoseok's head, which made the latter whine in regret. The former was a little annoyed at what Hoseok and Minhyuk did with Changkyun. Watching the other two friends bickering and arguing, Hyunwoo could only show a fatherly smile at the two. It always felt like that, watching over his friends and all. He loved seeing them getting along very well, and in his midn arguing meant a deep connection with one another. 

"Why did you do that? How would you feel if suddenly the one you loved began to be lovey-dovey with another?" Kwangji reprimanded. 

"It was Minhyuk's idea! Don't blame me!" Hoseok defended himself. 

"But you went along! You could have pushed Minhyuk away and deny everything!" 

"But that would be awkward!" 

"Why? Does Minhyuk even feel that way?" 

"Well no... His heart is for Kihyun-- but that's beside the point!" 

"If the same thing happened to you, don't come crying to me!" Kwangji retorted. 

"Don't be so worked up, Kwangie," Hoseok sulked. 

Hoseok knew that he did something wrong, but he didn't know it was that serious that Kwangji would not like it. For Hoseok, Kwangji was his main advisor. Almost every big decision Hoseok made, he would surely consult Kwangji about it. He had a lot of wisdom at the start. He didn't even know where he would get those kinds of pieces of advice. But that was how Kwangji was. Hyunwoo saw that their argument was going a bit too far so he decided to in at that time. 

"Kwangji, don't be so worked up. You know how Hoseok is whenever he gets the word from you. Hoseok, don't sulk. You did something wrong, and I know that you acknowledge your mistake." 

"Just... I... I'm suddenly guilty," Hoseok continued to sulk. 

Kwangji looked over at his friend and sighed lightly. 

"Sorry. I was just, you know, annoyed at what you did. I'm definitely not angry at you, just at your action, hmm?" Kwangji cleared with a soft smile in his face. 

Hoseok's expression was still down but he managed a faint smile. He understood Kwangji completely, but his personality wasn't letting him to be that bright easily. He would have to contemplate a lot and think of a proper solution to his mistake. 

"Let's continue cleaning and get out of here," Hyunwoo concluded with a smile. 

 

As the three seniors walked out of the main building and to the quadrangle, they were talking about getting some snacks before they went on to their separate ways. Both Hyunwoo and Kwangji knew Hoseok would not return to school the next day to focus on the game, but they had a feeling that they would be seeing Hoseok in uniform again, but just on a safer note, Kwangji and Hyunwoo decided to spend time with Hoseok. 

Just then, they heard a familiar voice resonating through the area. 

"LISTEN UP!" 

The three of them looked at the source of the sound. They knew exactly what was happening. Judging by the the appearance of three students in the rooftop, they concluded that Yoonho and Seokwon met a new guy, and thought he wasn't such a bad guy. They had to admit, in their circle of friends, everyone had to shout at the rooftop. They shouted their goals, and their promises. Hoseok could remember what he shouted: about being the best in every game he'd play. The three of them stopped in their tracks and just listened.

"I, No Yoonho, promise to keep working hard in Dragon Burst, and promise to marry Choi Seokwon both in game and in real life!" 

Seokwon hit Yoonho's shoulder hard, with Yoonho and Changkyun laughing at the side. 

"I, Choi Seokwon, promise to be the Alpha for the Water Kingdom, and I hate to admit it, but promise to marry No Yoonho both in game and in real life!" 

The three seniors toppled over from laughing. They thought the two of them were so adorable. The third student took his stand. Literally. He stood at the ledge of the rooftop. Seokwon and Yoonho hugged his lower extremities tightly so that he wouldn't fall." 

"LISTEN UP EVERYONE! I, Im Changkyun, has a unique Dragon, and will be an Alpha soon enough! I promise to be Shin Hoseok's husband in both game and reality! WORLD! LOOK OUT FOR ME!" Changkyun shouted. 

Changkyun jumped back to safety and Seokwon's and Yoonho's arms slung around his shoulders. They began to laugh loudly, while the seniors on the grounds were in awe. 

"Is he the one you're talking about?" Kwangji asked. 

"Yeah," Hoseok stared, dumbfounded. 

"He is interesting," Hyunwoo commented. 

"He is," Hoseok repeated. 

 

Hoseok definitely needed to go to school the next day. 

 

Author's Note

Wooooh another Sunday, another update. How'd you like this chapter? Comments are deeply appreciated! Keep loving Monsta X even though their promotions are coming to an end <3