I'm Fine, Thank You

XLR8

It was the first time Minhyuk was separated from his friends. 

Minhyuk was always the middle man between the three hyungs and that time, the three maknaes. Since he was old enough to think of mature stuff, and young enough to join the maknaes in their antics. Even in their classes, Minhyuk is in the middle year between the freshmen and the seniors. He was not lonely and he had a lot of friends in his batch, but he was a lot closer to his hyungs and 'saengs that helped him take over the Electric Kingdom in Dragon Burst. He couldn't have done it without the help of his friends, and of course, Hoseok. 

Just to clear things, Minhyuk did not, nor ever, had any feelings for Hoseok. Sure, Hoseok was really handsome and attractive, not to mention he had great power inside Dragon Burst (and yes his standards must be linked to the game), yet somehow his heart was snagged by the one and only Kihyun. The latter male was not much. He was handsome, to Minhyuk's standards. He had a very charming personality, and a very sweet voice. Minhyuk would always die inside when Kihyun would sing for him. Kihyun also had a very attractive laugh. It was really viral, like Minhyuk's bright personality towards other people. Their birthdays were even a few days apart! Personally, Minhyuk thought he had found his perfect match. 

Game-wise, Kihyun was a powerful and prominent player in the game. He was already Level 10 and was recently made a quest to find the Alpha of the Plant Kingdom. He had a big role in the government of the Plant Kingdom: regulate the tradings and shipments in and out of the kingdom. Why did everyone care so much about economics? He didn't really know. He was doing the same thing as well, but more focused with his alliance with the Technology Kingdom since Electricity and Technology really went hand-in-hand. Plant Kingdom had its alliance with the Water Kingdom. And so on. 

Minhyuk's train of thought crashed when someone bumped into his shoulder. He looked up to see who it is and was just welcomed by a smiling angel in a different uniform than his. 

"Kihyun," Minhyuk spoke, almost inaudibly. 

Every time he was with Kihyun, his throat began to feel dry and he was always at a loss of words. 

"What were you thinking about?" Kihyun began as his feet started to walk to a certain direction. 

Automatically, Minhyuk's feet followed Kihyun's pace. 

"Just... Things," Minhyuk answered with a chuckle. 

"Uh huh. Those 'things' make you stare into space," Kinhyun replied with a short laugh. 

"Why are you my boyfriend?" Minhyuk asked with the same laugh. 

"I'm asking myself the same thing everyday."

 

Their whole walk was not really all talk. Most of it was of silence. Whenever Minhyuk or Kihyun would talk about something, the other would just reply and their talk would continue until they would gradually fall into another silence. Minhyuk and Kihyun didn't mind it at all. They liked the silence. It was really comfortable, just knowing that the love of his life was just a mere inches away from him. Sometime in between their walk, their hands already found themselves holding each other. Neither Kihyun nor Minhyuk knew when they started holding hands, but somehow they just did. The assurance the feeling gave created a sense of satisfaction within Kihyun and Minhyuk. 

As they reached the dinner place, Kihyun opened the door and Minhyuk slipped inside first, followed by his boyfriend. Kihyun led his lover towards a corner and smiled at the other male. Minhyuk returned the smile with his own as he sat down across Kihyun, which made the latter frown in discontent. 

"Sit beside me," Kihyun spoke. 

"Aren't we eating first?" Minhyuk asked. 

"We can eat later," Kihyun replied as he rummaged his bag in search for something. 

Minhyuk perked his head up and tried to look at Kihyun's bag. Kihyun then grinned as he took out a black cable, which made Minhyuk really flustered. 

"You brought your cable?" Minhyuk managed to ask. 

"Why not? The manager said that we could do it here," Kihyun replied with a grin. 

"Go and order our food first!" the other retorted. 

Kihyun could only laugh at the other's statement. "Alright, alright." 

He stood and went out to order their food. Kihyun didn't need to ask Minhyuk what he wanted since he perfectly knew what Minhyuk would like and dislike. When Kihyun returned to his seat, Minhyuk did not bother asking what the other ordered. He trusted him that much. His face then began to flare up when he watched as Kihyun plugged in one end of the cable to his GML. He then reached out and plugged the other end in Minhyuk's GML. The latter smiled and he began to speak his thoughts. 

"You're so bold sometimes," Minhyuk began. 

If there was someone watching the two, it felt like they were having a stare-down. But actually, they were just speaking through their minds, since they can communicate with their GML connected to each other. 

"Don't you like that?" Kihyun retorted. 

"I didn't say that I didn't like your boldness." 

"Good. Should we log in now?" 

"How about our food?" 

"Only for thirty minutes, just to see the opening of the festival, kay?" 

"Alright then." 

Both of them began to swipe the air in front of them and logged in into their own accounts. Since they were connected with a cable, their log in was quite different from a normal one. Minhyuk was going through the portal as his appearance changed to his Normal Avatar. At the same time, another portal was beside his, and the other player was changing his form to his Normal Avatar as well. Seeing Kihyun beside him while logging in, Minhyuk smiled at the sight. He definitely loved that feature of Cabling. 

When they were finally logged in the server, Kihyun and Minhyuk found themselves in the outskirts of the Plant Kingdom. They were almost in neutral territory with the Fire Kingdom. Kihyun's expression contorted with slight disgust as he reached out to hold Minhyuk's hand. Kihyun's appearance was composed of a simple shirt and jeans, though his face was slightly altered due to the fact of not using the real face that time. Apparently, they could use their real faces already, yet both of them decided not to change their appearances. 

"Let's wait until my ride arrives," Kihyun began. 

"You have a car?" Minhyuk asked in disbelief. 

"Not exactly." 

As soon as Kihyun answered, whinies of horses soon resonated through the area. And in a blink, a wooden chariot covered with emeralds appeared in front of the couple. It was pulled by a indefinite number of horses. Minhyuk didn't even know if they were horses, but they had an equestrian body so they must be of the same family. Some looked like pegasi, while others looked like unicorns. A few even looked like hippocampi, which was plainly weird. At a second, it looked like one big horse. At another, it looked like a dozen of horses whinying against each other. 

"Like it?" Kihyun asked with a grin. 

"Overwhelming," Minhyuk simply answered. 

"That shapeshifting monster was a spoil from a battle arena I had a few days ago. I bought the chariot with my own money. I even got a discount because I didn't need the horse to pull it!" 

"You're now like those greek gods or something," Minhyuk commented with a laugh. 

"It exponentially raises your defense in battle arena, so it's still a good deal," Kihyun returned as he led his lover to sit inside the chariot. 

Minhyuk smiled as he sat down, followed by Kihyun a second after. After a few commands, the horse, Kiki (Kihyun named it like that--so adorable), whinied loudly and zoomed through the thick forest of the Plant Kingdom. Outside felt like lightning shooting through the forest, while inside felt like time slowed at 1/10 of a second. That was the feeling Minhyuk had, anyway. And before Minhyuk could even begin with speaking, they were already at the heart of the Plant Kingdom: Forest Esmeralda. 

Kihyun smiled and helped Minhyuk get off the chariot. From his pocket, Kihyun brought out a cookie and threw it to Kiki. The horse whinied as it zoomed away from the clearing. Minhyuk's focus went from the zooming chariot and to the beautiful clearing which welcomed the festival. Many stalls were open and circled around a tower at the center. Minigames, food, and others were offered at the stalls. At the center was a tower that had beautiful carvings of trees and spirits. At the top of the tower was a hollow space, and Kihyun explained that at the end of the festival, when the Blue Moon would rise, it would have a bell that would resonate a beautiful tone across the kingdom. 

Kihyun also explained that the bell sound was really important and it would seal the alliance between the Plant and the Phantom Kingdom. That was the deal signed by their ambassador that went with the name Hyungwon. Even though that was a game, everyone took the government in it really seriously. Sometimes it really scared Minhyuk. 

"There's caramelized apples at one stall. Would you like to try?" Kihyun offered. 

"I would love to!" Minhyuk replied with a grin. 

 

"Hyung, who's that?" Changkyun asked as he nibbled on the cookies he won at one minigame. 

"Who?" Hoseok asked as he glanced at the younger. 

"The one with Minhyuk hyung," the younger answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Kihyun, his boyfriend," Hoseok nonchalantly answered. 

"So you're really single, hyung? Minhyuk doesn't like you at all?" Changkyun asked, as if the world began to have color. 

"Were you really jealous?" Hoseok simply asked, which made Changkyun flustered. 

And Changkyun's heart began to beat quickly as he realized that they were both holding hands already. 

 

Author's Note

I just had to make a teaser for the next chapter. So this is it! Kihyuk chapter for everyone ;u; I'm sure that I have introduced two characters this chapter, and you can expect the second character to be fully introduced in the next chapter! For now, Kihyun the sweet guy appears. How'd you like this chapter? Comments are really appreciated. Thank you everyone for the support! ^^